Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do the protesters get paid overtime
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,496

Do the protesters get paid overtime

Jun 14, 2020, 2:10 AM

...for over 8 hrs/day or is it over 40/wk?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do the protesters get paid overtime

Jun 14, 2020, 2:18 AM

Not sure but who determines which causes you can or can’t shut down interstates and burn buildings down for? Since there is no rule or law anymore (and soon no enforcement of law so I guess it won’t matter) who exactly will decide?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 3:08 AM

I don't normally reply to people on TigerNet at 3 in the morning, but this needs to be said. Let me try to give you my perspective on what happened today. I'm 32. I grew up in Six Mile; went to Daniel; went to Clemson. I've been a part of this community my entire life. What I saw today was not just a protest. It was an outpouring of love and support for our brothers and sisters who are crying out for justice and equality. It was an ENTIRE community turning out to show respect and love for our people when they need it. There were 3,000 people there and they are our community. Driving into town, I saw people walking from Twelve Mile to be there.

This was our community speaking out to let the world know that we support our brothers and sisters, and that we will not tolerate hate. Eight minutes and forty six seconds. That's how long that cop kneeled on George Floyd's neck before he died. Eight minutes and forty six seconds.

Let's put that in perspective. Imagine your buddy spent eight minutes and forty six seconds trying to dispatch a deer they'd shot -- you tell them they shouldn't hunt anymore until they learned how to do it ethically. Even letting an animal suffer for that long wouldn't be tolerated in the Clemson that I grew up in. But you are prepared to accept killing a man for a minor crime, and doing so by kneeling on his neck for nine minutes? I don't think you really are. Only a coward could actually feel that way, and I haven't met too many of those wearing orange.

So when you parrot these ideas of paid protestors showing up on the campus that we all love, showing up to stand beside our own family and support their message that their LIVES are valuable and beautiful, you should show them some love. Or, you know, buy some garnet and black, because somebody who can't love their own community ain't worthy of that orange.

Jun 14, 2020, 3:36 AM

George Floyd's murderer is in JAIL... protesters and looters are vandalizing our society and hurting INNOCENT people...

People are DEAD because of these protests... damage is done , lives are ruined...two weeks in a row, people have been protesting... why not give the cops a chance to imporve from this at this point?

We are on the tail-end of covid-19, Nascar has fans, disney is opening up, and were talking about half to full capacity sports... what does the population do? Spread the virus again because of a movement that 75% of the protesters shot down in 2015 2016.

George Floyd's killer is in jail for third degree so they can get him sentenced... protesting for 1st degree is stupid because of the same reason O.J. is a free man today, you just need reasonable doubt. There is video proof he murdered him, theres not video proof he intended to do more then abuse him. Minnesota
intended to arrest him, but you have to get theevidence together to do so, it took time.

At this point, what do you want to protest? He's in jail, BLACK businesses are ruined because the protesters DESTROYED THEM. Did Saturdays protest do that? No, but its time to stop... it is understood we have a problem

Don’t equate looters and protesters

Jun 14, 2020, 6:15 AM

You saw in Clemson last night what a protest should be.
No excuse for what happened at the Wendy’s

Oh, and it’s not just about George Floyd-

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2020/06/13/george-floyd-not-alone-dozens-said-cant-breathe-police-holds/3137373001/

The 3 cops that shot Breyona Taylor in her own home are still on the payroll.

Jun 14, 2020, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Do the protesters get paid overtime ]

TigerZackery179812

The protesters are NOT vandalizing our society and hurting INNOCENT people. It is hard to believe the mentality of some people, they just cannot comprehend anything. Unfortunately, these are the people voting for Trump.

Jun 14, 2020, 8:25 AM

Oh, you’re the “Dementia Joe” guy, aren’t you? How’s the agenda going? I heard Joe helped Gore invent the internet.

Jun 14, 2020, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Do the protesters get paid overtime ]

Did it get your attention ? Did the mayhem and chaos have the effect that was intended ?
Seems like it may have .
This isn't the first time the Af-Am community has rioted and protested injustices .
Seems like just talking about their plight never seems to amount to much .
Like that line in Cool Hand Luke ... some men , you just can't reach .
Whither or not this time actually changes anything for them is America's call , but I'd have to hazard a guess that if it doesn't signal at a minimum some changes in laws and law enforcement tactics ...the next time will be even less comfortable for those who interpret this as really just a bunch of wrongdoers not keeping in between the lines .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You're asking the wrong people.

Jun 14, 2020, 3:52 AM

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/exmgzk/its-now-possible-to-hire-fake-protesters

Re: You're asking the wrong people.

Jun 14, 2020, 4:02 AM

https://www.blackenterprise.com/black-lives-matter-corporate-america-has-pledged-1-678-billion-so-far/

Paid protesters - certainly not out of the question.

Jun 14, 2020, 7:31 AM

Reminds me of a Scout trip in went on one time to a conference in Lansing, MI. There were 5 or 6 folks standing on the corner prior to a show, "protesting" something they supposedly didn't like that the kids were doing. Some of the youth went up and started talking to them. Turns out that they had no idea what was going on at the event. They were students in summer school, and were being paid by a reporter with the local paper that was trying to create a story. Interesting learning experience for the kids to say the least.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 2:21 PM

Not sure if they deserve “hazard pay” because of Covid-19 though, since they knowingly & willingly put themselves at risk. (and us too)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,496
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic