Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do the chickens have a pantywad issue because Clemson has
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Do the chickens have a pantywad issue because Clemson has

Mar 12, 2019, 2:05 PM

made a request to hold the state football high school championships in Death Valley??

Local high school beat writer for the P&C (David Shelton) discussed it in a radio interview earlier. I remember the last time DV was the championship site, the chickens got into a major uproar---and I think its the only time it was held in DV.....Phil Korncoot even called former Clemson HC Tommy Bowden "a coward" on the air for making the request. (and he was still allowed to haunt Clemson press conferences afterwards)

Any info is greatly appreciated.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do the chickens have a pantywad issue because Clemson has

Mar 12, 2019, 2:12 PM

Their big issue is that they want the HS athletes to be exposed to Willie-B, but is that really a plus for them? Clemson probably wants the same thing.

From a location standpoint, Columbia is in the middle of the state and easier for many schools to get to, much more so for schools that may be from the low country. I get that.

My thought would be for the games to be held at the new Benedict College stadium in Columbia. It's a nice facility in the middle of the state with enough capacity for HS games. Maybe nicer than Willie-B. It would take care of the issue of the players being exposed to uofsc or Clemson without major travel problems.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 2:14 PM

Past history indicates the U of SuCk does not do anything unless it benefits them and only them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They already hold the lower classes there***

Mar 12, 2019, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Do the chickens have a pantywad issue because Clemson has ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It should be rotated annually...

Mar 12, 2019, 2:15 PM

I'm sure places like Furman, Wofford, and Coastal would like to host as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 12, 2019, 2:22 PM

They get really mad bc the more that Clemson FB facilities are shown on TV, the more the people in SC get to see just how far behind they are, and how junkie theirs look when compared to what we have. And that includes everything, from the campus to sporting facilities!!! If ours looked as bad as theirs, we would be steaming mad also!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was working with the local radio station when one of our

Mar 12, 2019, 2:30 PM

local high schools went to the championship in back-to-back years. One year was at River Bluff (which rivals some small college press boxes) and the next it was at the field Benedict College plays on. I'll have to lobby to get my old job back and hope one of our local HSs makes it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was working with the local radio station when one of our

Mar 12, 2019, 2:45 PM

the real issue is COST... USC charges the HS League about $60000 to have the games at WB...Clemson charged $0.00..location is certainly a consideration long ride from Charleston...Bendict has not been maintained it is in bad shape...the Valley is nice but not sure it will happen..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 2:49 PM

60K?! Source???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 2:52 PM

that is an accurate number....check the HS league records $60k might not be enough..

I think Myrtle Beach won that year

Mar 12, 2019, 3:41 PM

for their classification. It was fun to go see

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Not an issue.

Mar 12, 2019, 3:54 PM

Let the high school coaches run the show on where they wish to play the games. The site of high school championships is completely irrelevant to football recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree! 98% of in-state kids already sold on one or the other

Mar 12, 2019, 4:23 PM

If there was an actual chance that a majority of the HS players in the state were still on the fence and the location might change their minds, it would be a big issue.

For better or worse, kids grow up favoring one school or the other and it may change in a small number of cases, but not enough to worry about.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 4:37 PM

It should be at a better venue like the Valley. Yeah let’s all go park our cars in the ghetto right next to the abandoned warehouse. Walk past the cock-a-boose (so stupid). Then sit on wet seats with garbage all around us because they don’t mind looking like a garbage dump at willie b.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic