Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go

Dec 11, 2017, 1:56 PM

KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go

Recruiting comes in all different shapes and sizes and all prospects handle the process differently. K.J. Henry has taken his time one day at a time, one visit at a time and one school at a time. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go

Dec 11, 2017, 2:06 PM

Don't want him at all!

Well, you are not getting him..so good for you.***

Dec 11, 2017, 2:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Dec 11, 2017, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go ]

I suppose you're speaking for the Coots. I don't think ya'll really have a chance. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go ]

You only say that cause you know your crappy chickens don't stand a chance, even if they try to hire his dad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you that drunk on a Monday afternoon?***

Dec 11, 2017, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go ]

Here...let me speak in your native tongue...you...

Dec 11, 2017, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go ]

Bakawkkkk!!!!!

Aren't...

Bakawkkkk!!!!!

Getting...

Bakawkkk!!!!!!

Him.

**crunch**

Dec 11, 2017, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go ]

Are you kidding? What a stupid thing to post when we are in the hunt for this elite player. I suspect that you are a plant designed by another program to turn this kid off Clemson. I'm sure that he's more than smart enough to see through this BS.

what are the chances usc hires his dad?

Dec 11, 2017, 2:22 PM

They have an offensive opening.

Re: what are the chances usc hires his dad?

Dec 11, 2017, 2:23 PM

no chance

Re: what are the chances usc hires his dad?

Dec 11, 2017, 2:24 PM [ in reply to what are the chances usc hires his dad? ]

USC isn’t one of his top 5 schools, so that would be a long shot.

Do not like ultimatums and well if's

Dec 11, 2017, 2:32 PM

nkemdiche (NkemDushce) tried that and I hated it then. It just feels SLIMMY! If Henry comes here, do it because he wants to be here, not to get his Dad a job. His Dad should not want that either!

Re: Do not like ultimatums and well if's

Dec 11, 2017, 2:41 PM

Agree of not? If a program hires a 5* recruit’s parent in hopes of getting that commitment, shouldn’t that be an impermissible benefit?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 3:05 PM

I Agree, that is not really different than paying the player, but I know it is done. I do not know if it is against the rules or not at this time, but I believe it should be. That does not apply to an established coaches child commiting to where his/her Parent works though. Two different things!

Dec 11, 2017, 4:37 PM

I'm with you I like don't like hiring dads to get a player to come if he wants to play for a championship team that's enough puts getting a full scholarship is enough if
he doesn't that cut him loose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 6:48 PM

Agreed. That is such a corrupt concept, that I'm glad we don't we don't participate in it. I hope we get this highly talented guy, but for the right reasons. If he can be bought, then we don't want or need him.

Dec 11, 2017, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Do not like ultimatums and well if's ]

Does the name "Bentley" ring a bell?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 5:21 PM

That's certainly not a violation, because Bentley sucks (both of them).

I don't get the impression he's lobbying for his dad

Dec 11, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Do not like ultimatums and well if's ]

in fact it might make it harder for him to go to that school. I just think "proximity to family" is a big deal for him and if his father was to get hired at a school way away, or even one he might have to compete against, it would be tough situation.

Its not a decision maker for him, just a factor. I can completely understand that. BV has also talked about the family dynamics of being a college coach and having a major college prospect son. Could you imagine if Jake would have gone to another ACC school? That would have been some awkward Saturdays for Brent.

Besides, KJ might not even want to play for his dad.

Re: I don't get the impression he's lobbying for his dad

Dec 11, 2017, 3:12 PM

It sounded a lot like Nkendiche, The Venables situation is very different, that is the kid wanting to play for his Dad, Not his Dad using the kid to get a job. If the Dad is good enough, he will get there on his own merit.

Dec 11, 2017, 2:48 PM

Very confusing comments. No VT, so they're out? No Tide Off Visit, so they're out? GA sounded luke warm at best, so they're out. Gcocks somewhat positive cause of special Muschamp handling, but didn't have time for a home visit with him and parents but liked his characterization as a "trailblazer ". Why they're even on top 5 is ?

Tiger's comments all sounded good. We'll know in 9 days.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 3:00 PM

Maybe Dabo could put in a good word for Dad at one of the High schools we recruit, but never go any further than that if the reason are bc he would like to work some where near Clemson. By what I mean by putting in a word for him is for Dabo to let high school Head Coaches know that Henry's dad would like to have a job closer to his son at Clemson. In no way would I ask for the job for him, it would have to be a need for a HS coach and just drop his name to them.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 3:12 PM

If the Dad is good enough, he will get there on his own merit.

Dec 11, 2017, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go ]

I think he coaches on the college level now .

Dec 11, 2017, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go ]

I think he coaches on the college level now .

Dec 11, 2017, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go ]

Good points. I don't understand this situation, but I'm glad that we don't engage in it in any such shennagins. We seem to do just fine running an honest program.

Dec 11, 2017, 2:55 PM

Very strange that Muscoot went to speak to parents separately from the player. You wonder about the coots offering up some type of deal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Cam Scam showed if the player supposedly doesn't know the $$ amount

Dec 11, 2017, 3:17 PM

the NCAA is totally cool with it.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 11, 2017, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go ]

I think Dabo did that with XT. They spent time at the beach with XT and then went to his parents house without him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 3:21 PM

His parents aren't with him at the IMG academy though, are they? In that case it would actually make sense, but not sure how it fits in with the rules.

Dec 11, 2017, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: KJ Henry, the latest; Tigers in good shape with nine days to go ]

That’s because XT is in Bradenton, FL and his family lives in South Carolina.

Can anyone confirm the coaches had an in home visit with....

Dec 11, 2017, 6:07 PM

Tyson Campbell.

I hope we're making another run at him after things didn't go so well
at the ALL-IN cookout.

what cha know?

Dec 11, 2017, 7:05 PM

@420? No thx..... next.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1