Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do libs really believe this stuff?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 464

Do libs really believe this stuff?

Jun 30, 2020, 11:08 AM

One thing that liberals claim is that the really radical $hit comes from the extreme democrats not mainstream. That is a total crock. Extreme is mainstream in every sense for the left.

Here is the Wash Post opinion editor. This is not a fringe org like the KKK or whatever.

I certainly hope the war on white women continues up to the election because it might make a positive difference for conservatives and sanity.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/06/29/washington-post-opinion-editor-white-women-are-lucky-we-are-not-calling-for-revenge/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2wd4gDnW7KahmpdytYfhmc6FTSnRBccXEFXLKWuL4JK97rX56fWx9XguM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So does that mean liberals aren't really liberal?***

Jun 30, 2020, 11:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do libs really believe this stuff?

Jun 30, 2020, 11:43 AM

Thank you for going on Facebook and finding a link to Breitbart complaining about something on Twitter, and then coming to Tnet to complain about "libs."

You are an internet hero. #YAWWWA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

So not only libs believe it but

Jun 30, 2020, 11:49 AM

You just type random stuff don't you.***

Jun 30, 2020, 12:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: You just type random stuff don't you.***

Jun 30, 2020, 12:12 PM

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Stuuuubooooooorrrn. I read that four times.***

Jun 30, 2020, 1:42 PM

null

Yeah like bringing the 2nd amendment into

Jun 30, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to You just type random stuff don't you.*** ]

Re: Yeah like bringing the 2nd amendment into

Jun 30, 2020, 1:48 PM

You thought my reference to the Second Amendment was random? (I'll link it below for people who don't follow my work as closely as you do.)

No, the point of that post was to make an analogy. It assumed that you would follow the reasoning, but you clearly didn't, so here you go:

The post I was responding to asked where abortion is in the Constitution. The question was rhetorical: We all know the word "abortion" isn't in there. The implied conclusion, of course, is that therefore the Constitution does not protect the right to an abortion.

Now, one way to respond to that would be to say: "Well, the words 'right to an abortion' aren't there, but the Constitution protects categories of rights that have been found to include the right to an abortion."

But perhaps someone not too familiar with the Constitution says "Oh yeah, when has the Court ever reached a decision that wasn't literally in the words of the Constitution?" The answer is: All the time, of course. But maybe, I thought, it would be helpful to illustrate that fact with another recent case finding something that isn't word-for-word in the Constitution. So I picked the idea of a Second Amendment right as against the States. See, the Bill of Rights was originally applicable only against the federal government, not state governments. After the 14th Amendment was passed, the Supreme Court invented the "incorporation doctrine" (google it!) and began holding certain rights (not all though) to be as to States as well. The application of the Second Amendment to the States was a very recent determination by the Supreme Court.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

And here's the post T3Tiger was referring to (sorry T3, I didn't even see your response until just now... I guess this is my answer to that as well):

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-John-Roberts-must-be-getting-some-of-that-RBG-27434512

- Jonathan Swift

Hey I’m just impressed you finally learned how to use Google

Jun 30, 2020, 1:57 PM

Thank you!***

Jun 30, 2020, 2:01 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Jun 30, 2020, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Do libs really believe this stuff? ]

spooneye® It's from the opinion editor of a major newspaper for God's sake. Doesn't matter how many links it takes to get to it.

Answer the question or get off the thread. Are you in agreement with this large segment of your party? Simple question.

For example, If you asked me if I am in alignment with the KKK, I'd say no.

And, thanks for the TD. It's an honor.

Sure, I'll answer your questions.

Jun 30, 2020, 1:30 PM

Your first question was: "Do libs really believe this stuff?"

No. Neither all liberals nor all conservatives believe the same things. Thinking people have differences of opinion.

Then in this last post you asked a second question: "Are you in agreement with this large segment of your party?"

My answer: A person on Twitter (even one who also writes for a newspaper!) is not a "large segment" of anyone's party, so the question is wrongheaded to begin with. But if you're asking if I agree with the tweet: I don't even know what her point is. So no.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go look for the post where the bad person hurt your feelings with a TD (it wasn't me), and I'll give you a point so you can dry your tears.

- Jonathan Swift

Jun 30, 2020, 11:48 AM

The more important question is does FELIX believe the shyt he posts!! I believe he should undergo radical TDS treatment...

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Karens gonna Karen***

Jun 30, 2020, 12:06 PM

Ya she definitely seems like she represents a majority

Jun 30, 2020, 12:53 PM

of the party...

Haha

Re: Ya she definitely seems like she represents a majority

Jun 30, 2020, 1:14 PM

Make the case she doesn't rep you? She works for a mainstream media paper.

So you don't agree? If you do not, then say so instead of being a smart a$$.

Actually, I hope you do not agree. That means there is some hope.

I'm glad we all agree that none of us have to answer for the

Jun 30, 2020, 1:49 PM

thoughts, comments or actions of a single individual or handful of individuals that are associated to us by political view, profession or any other way. Unless cops...then burn the country down. But otherwise, I look forward to this mindset permeating this board for the foreseeable future.

But to your collective points, let's get rid of those broad brushes and pull out the fine pen. Should this woman be fired? The Washington* Post got a woman fired for wearing black face satirically to a party years ago. Surely they'll at least comment on a critical employee's threatening tone directed at "white women".

* Until they wake up from the blatant bigotry of using a slave owner as their namesake.

null

Replies: 17
| visibility 464
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic