Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Quick notes from Chad Morris on Monday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,967

Football Update: Quick notes from Chad Morris on Monday

Sep 9, 2013, 11:42 AM

Quick notes from Chad Morris on Monday

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You forgot to mention that he's leaving.***

Sep 9, 2013, 12:05 PM

Re: Football Update: Quick notes from Chad Morris on Monday

Sep 9, 2013, 12:14 PM

Hopper- liked that comment.

He is right about Rod on the 4th. SC State should not stop us there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm really going to miss him***

Sep 9, 2013, 12:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very telling that he didn't deny any of the rumors in the

Sep 9, 2013, 1:34 PM

presser...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Yep, it's been a fun ride...

Sep 9, 2013, 1:47 PM

I think his house is already sold...

Did I miss something

Sep 9, 2013, 3:30 PM

Either I'm bad at picking up on sarcasm in this instance or I didn't hear something.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll be announced as new head coach at UT later this week..***

Sep 9, 2013, 4:07 PM

Re: He'll be announced as new head coach at UT later this week..***

Sep 9, 2013, 8:01 PM

Y'all really think he's going anywhere? I don't think he is, not right now anyway. I don't think they would announce at the beginning of the season. I think they would name an interim HC and then wait till the end of the season to announce, IF that happens. Is this all just speculation or has there been some articles on this?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2013, 8:15 PM

None. That program is in disarray. A tremendous risk for him to go there. I've heard nothing!

Sep 9, 2013, 8:12 PM [ in reply to He'll be announced as new head coach at UT later this week..*** ]

I doubt that. What a loser program. I think his going into that quagmire would be the end of his career. Just my opinion.

Re: Yep, it's been a fun ride...

Sep 9, 2013, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Yep, it's been a fun ride... ]

From where do you get your information? I've heard he is very satisfied here, and will be looking at a salary increase from Clemson. Taking a HC job can be very risky. And he has the "swag" and the no 1 dual threat quarterback in the country committed to Clemson. Not to mention Cole Stoudt. I think he have to have a major offer from a major program---and still there's the risk.

Coach Morris' development of Tajh and this offense...

Sep 9, 2013, 12:52 PM

...has been remarkable. I tip my hat to the guy and still chuckle about all of the folks grumbling "Chad who?" a few years ago. Seems like everybody wanted Friedgen, and it turns out that Dabo found the "right" coach at the right time.

I'm grateful for all that Coach Morris has done for Clemson, and I hope that he sticks around for as long as he wants. No one can deny that he's going to be a head coach...but he's with us right now, thank goodness.

I can't blame folks for wanting him. The entire coaching staff has done a remarkable job putting us back on the national map of relevance, again.

Let's beat NC State at their place and take care of our business...one game at a time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Morris' development of Tajh and this offense...

Sep 9, 2013, 8:21 PM

I couldn't agree more. We need to concentrate on winning one game at a time. Pay our coaching staff a ton of money, and let others try and get them. Meanwhile, as Coach Morris says, we've only won two games. Let's not beat our chests just yet.

Disagree somewhat. I'll remember that UGA game for years!***

Sep 9, 2013, 1:41 PM

Re: Disagree somewhat. I'll remember that UGA game for years!***

Sep 9, 2013, 2:45 PM

Same here. I don't guess we could expect someone who hasn't lived through the rivalry of the eighties with the dogs to understand how dear that win is to our hearts.

I think he was speaking of bigger wins this season. Probably referring to CCG and OB or perhaps something bigger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep... I know he meant it means zip if we don't keep winning

Sep 9, 2013, 4:43 PM

Yes, for us 80's grads the UGA win is HUGE. But the LSU win is also dear to my heart. I'm just thrilled to see up beating GOOD teams again.

Sep 9, 2013, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Disagree somewhat. I'll remember that UGA game for years!*** ]

I agree. It was a great win. My point is that the most important game is the next game----a dangerous game against NC State.

Sep 9, 2013, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Disagree somewhat. I'll remember that UGA game for years!*** ]

I'll remember the UGA game for a long time, but that's not the most important game----which is against NC State.
If we lose sight of that, we'll get our butt's kicked. The most important game is always the next game.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,967
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic