Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Directv Satellite Help
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Directv Satellite Help

Sep 9, 2012, 7:54 PM

Has anyone mastered the art of setting up and aiming satellite dishes for a tailgate? If so, I am willing to pay someone (or free lower level Furman tickets) to stop by our tailgate and configure a Directv slimline 5 dish. Please send an email to cutigers22@ymail.com if you would be willing to help us out. Thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Directv Satellite Help

Sep 9, 2012, 7:56 PM

do you mean gmail?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2012, 8:15 PM

ymail is Yahoo Mail.

i think at radio shack u can get the device that makes

Sep 9, 2012, 8:11 PM

the beeping noise to let u know u have right signal

Check your T-mail***

Sep 9, 2012, 8:13 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2012, 8:15 PM

http://www.winegard.com/carryout/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2012, 8:17 PM

It's really not a big problem. The easiest way to do it is to set up the dish in your garage or some other flat surface. Follow the "by zip code" setup, and write down the azimuth, tilt, and elevation info. Set the tilt and elevation in your garage and tighten down the bolts so they won't move. When you get to your tailgate spot, make sure the dish is level, then turn it so that the dish points to the correct azimuth direction - put the signal strength setting on the receiver to show the bar graph, and when you get a signal strength of over 80, you should be good to go.
The pre-setup in the garage at home is the key. If you get that right, then all you have to do is point the dish in the right direction.

tigercee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2012, 8:44 PM

Where do you park? It took me a while, but now I know where to set it and which direction to point simply by eyesight. I set ours up Saturday, cut the TV on and immediately had enough signal to watch. Once you get it working, pay real close attention to where and how your dish is pointed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2012, 8:50 PM

check your tmail

Sep 9, 2012, 9:16 PM

for directv most of us shoot for the 101 sat.( if your going for standard def) Get a simple boy scout compass. If you set the elevation at home (45 degrees). Make sure the dish is level then all you have to do is point the dish at 210 degrees. (that's 215 on the compass) Make sure you have a clear line of sight along that angle. No buildings, trees etc. Then just turn on the tv and receiver, start setup and goto the signal meter. Make small adjustments left or right until you get a strong signal. Anything above 80 is good but the stronger the better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic