Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Diondre Oveton & TE's Wll Ball Out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Diondre Oveton & TE's Wll Ball Out

Sep 30, 2019, 12:56 PM

I am of the belief Diondre Overton is going to have one of those late season Martavis Bryant type seasons! If you recall, Bryant didn't get almost unguardable until late in the season and bowl time. I see the switch going on for last year player Diondre Overton as well. He has a ton of ability but so far hasn't flashed enough. Hey, you have to get separation so the ball gets thrown your way. But, at 6'5 1/2 he is virtually always open across the middle. Chalk had a nice game Saturday and I expect that will continue and blossom. I think Lay and Allen will both come in the more games we play and start contributing in a HUGE way!
You heard it here 1st. We miss Hunter Renfrow certainly; but we have guys who can play on our 2019 team. I just think these groups(slot/TE) is still figuring it out; but I like how we are progressing!

Go Tigers!

1 game at a time mentality! Windshield mentality! The rear view isn't the clear view; the clear view in in front of you! LOL!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time to get Ladson and Ngata more playing time.

Sep 30, 2019, 12:59 PM

Overton and Powell have not taken advantage of their opportunities. I think we've seen the ceiling on those two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The proof is in the pudding

Sep 30, 2019, 1:02 PM

Time to stop predicting what these guys might do and just observe what they have done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: The proof is in the pudding

Sep 30, 2019, 1:12 PM

NOT MUCH SO FAR. TOO MANY: GO DEEP. SLANT AT THE MAN HOLE COVER, THROW UP FOR GRAS. STOP THE SANDLOT GAME AND WORK ON SOPHISTACATED PASS OFFENSE. WE HAVE THE RECEIVERS, BUT THE LINE NEEDS TO BLOCK. TOO MANY DINK SCREEN PLAYS.

^^^ peak tigernet coaching right here***

Sep 30, 2019, 1:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Diondre Oveton & TE's Wll Ball Out

Sep 30, 2019, 1:16 PM

For some reason we don't run many slants over the middle and we sure can't defend them. It could be a case of like the Texas A & M game where we took the middle away and they completed a good many passes on the sidelines. I don't question BV, as sometimes you have to give up something to stop something else. Just making an observation!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 1:22 PM

Part of me is wondering if we’re avoiding too many across-the-middle and slant throws because the new targets can’t consistently handle TL16’s velocity. He rifles that ball! And we all saw Renfrow – dude looked like Spider-man most of the time. If it touched his hand, he owned it. But the new/inexperienced TEs and slots maybe can’t handle that hard of a throw yet? And we all know what happens to tipped balls in the middle – more times than not, interception. Just a theory I have….a pondering, at most.

"a pondering" . . . There are Rulz in this den!!!

Sep 30, 2019, 2:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 1:18 PM

Overton along with Powell are both terrible. Nothing against them personally but they are not good

Sep 30, 2019, 1:20 PM

Overton does not get enough targets. Anyone have the WR target numbers? I bet Ross has double then number of next highest WR even after sitting out vs Charlotte.

Sep 30, 2019, 1:26 PM

Overton, Powell, and Chase have not been able to capitalize on their opportunities when they have come. I think it’s safe to say that we missed on all 3 of them in that 2016 class. But, looking back at the WRs that we offered from that class, shows how weak that WR really was. Bryan Edwards, shockingly, might be the best WR from that class. Which pains me to say. I had high hopes for Cornell, but man, he’s been a major disappointment so far. I believe our offense is missing that faster, shiftier WR on the outside. Cornell not progressing like we would have liked and moving DK to corner (which is a good move) have really hindered the offense so far. We’ll figure it out though. Too much talent not to.

Sep 30, 2019, 1:47 PM

There is no logical reason to believe what you predict will become true.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic