Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Diondre Overton
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,213

Diondre Overton

Oct 27, 2019, 12:41 PM

I remember last year a reporter asked him if he would transfer to another school after he graduated. His response was no, that he’d rather stay at Clemson and compete for his job with the best because that would make him better and that’s exactly what he’d have to be doing each week in the nfl.

Other players that did decide to transfer elsewhere are probably second guessing their decisions and wishing that they had made the decision to stay and compete. They’d be undefeated and in the hunt for another conference championship and national championship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Diondre Overton

Oct 27, 2019, 12:51 PM

His size and physical gifts alone will get him in the door most NFL teams. Add in the fact he’s from a college known to have and develop NFL receivers will be an added bonus. Also his dedication to sticking it out through the grind will speak volumes to management still fresh from the Antonio Brown saga. His only knock is that he never overcame the existing and incoming talent to be “the guy”.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2019, 12:54 PM

I have great respect for him hanging in there. So glad to see him have a BIG day yesterday...??

I always enjoy rooting for players that stick with it.***

Oct 27, 2019, 1:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Diondre Overton ]

TheRdglenn said:

His size and physical gifts alone will get him in the door most NFL teams. Add in the fact he’s from a college known to have and develop NFL receivers will be an added bonus. Also his dedication to sticking it out through the grind will speak volumes to management still fresh from the Antonio Brown saga. His only knock is that he never overcame the existing and incoming talent to be “the guy”.

Actually he is our starting slot guy.

We got a lot of production out of our slots yesterday, which was a huge question mark the first half of the season. But yesterday our slots caught 7 ball for 161 yards and 4 TD's between them.

The knock ESPN pundits kept gibbering about was that Trevor Lawrence - and the Clemson offense in general - wasn't patient enough to find the checkdowns and work the run game. Okay. Yesterday Clemson worked the checkdowns and Etienne and Lyn-J ran for 186 and 3 TD's between the two of them, so what, now, O Ye Wise Talking Heads? Because for those keeping track, that's 347 yards and 7 TD's worth of production doing what you specifically said Clemson couldn't or wouldn't do, yes?

Oct 27, 2019, 1:17 PM

His size will get him an opportunity for sure. He has better speed than you think. I fully believe he will go on and make an NFL roster. And make that team happy they have him.

Quozzel - seems like Martavis Bryant wasn't all that productive until late his last year at Clemson. We all know how he went on and became super productive. Off field choices not included - he was an outstanding pro player!
I see Overton being the same type dude from Clemson. But, hopefully, with better off field choices for entertainment.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2019, 3:29 PM

Martavis had an extra football gear that Overton has not shown. The comparison of being the 3rd or 4th most productive guy in a rotating stable of NFL talent applies completely. Here’s hoping that Overton have a great finale at Clemson and a great pro career.

He loves Clemson. He loves being here. He sees the big

Oct 27, 2019, 1:02 PM

picture. No scout is going to fault him for being behind Higgins and Ross.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,213
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic