Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dillon injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Dillon injury

Nov 5, 2018, 2:29 PM

Does anyone know the status of Dillon for Saturday’s game. He has been hindered by a high ankle sprain for much of the season. He left the VT game late in the 3rd quarter and never returned. I wonder how healthy he will be?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dillon injury

Nov 5, 2018, 2:35 PM

I just found this:

Boston College HC Steve Addazio is uncertain whether sophomore A.J. Dillon (ankle) will be available against Clemson this weekend.
"Certainly he’s not still back to full strength right now," Addazio said. Dillon suffered an ankle injury against Temple on Sept. 29 and missed the next two games. He returned to run for 149 yards against Miami on Oct. 26 and 96 yards against Virginia Tech on Saturday before re-aggravating the ankle injury in the third quarter. Travis Levy came on in relief and helped BC come from behind to win in the second half. Dillon could be a game-time decision again.

A.J. Dillon - RB - Eagles
Boston College sophomore A.J. Dillon suffered an undisclosed injury in Saturday's game against Virginia Tech.
Dillon suffered a blow to the head in the third quarter and was unable to return. He has struggled with ankle injuries the past few weeks but this looks to be a completely different injury. His status is one to be monitored with a huge matchup against Clemson next week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 2:38 PM

FWIW, He is listed #1 on the depth chart.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Clemson-vs-BC-depth-charts-released-31412

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 2:50 PM

Yes, but starting this year the coaches are not required to disclose injuries of their players to the league office. So he could be doing that just to make us prepare for their #1 back. Noticed no one knew until game time this past week that Fields wouldn't be playing against Louisville. It doesn't really matter because they will not be able to run against our front 7 and that's when the defense will start to key up on their QB. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 2:54 PM

I hope that he is 100%.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 2:57 PM

Addazzio said he was nicked up some but will know more closer to game time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Dillon injury ]

I do too. He is a great player and hope that we play them at their best. I have a lot of respect for Boston College and their program.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 4:44 PM

We at BC feel the same way about Clemson and their fans.

x2 on BC. Lots of respect for them, team, and fans***

Nov 5, 2018, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Dillon injury ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Nov 5, 2018, 2:58 PM

I hope he plays this week and is okay. He is fun to watch. Otherwise, without Dillon, BC will get slaughtered.

Nov 5, 2018, 3:07 PM

Better to get Dillon 100% for their winnable games.

Nov 5, 2018, 3:33 PM

They just said it'll be a Gametime time decision. Either way, he won't be 100%. I think it was an ankle injury during the game, been nicked up all season it seems.

https://247sports.com/college/boston-college/Board/59454/Contents/boston-college-football-aj-dillon-injury-124200669/

Nov 5, 2018, 4:57 PM

Might want to go ahead and rest him this game. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic