Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Different POV generally, on the game, TL ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,559

Different POV generally, on the game, TL ...

Nov 11, 2018, 6:01 PM

I was there at game, albeit not a very good seat in Clemson section down low, in corner. So I couldn't really see schematically what was going on too well.

First, weather. I was dressed well, along with about everybody, and that includes the players. I thought it was GREAT football weather, and I understand players have excellent thermals now, and even sweat in the cold, and did not think cold was a factor AT ALL. If cold is such a factor, why virtually no drops by receivers (more than the usual), either side (who btw are ALL wearing gloves). Also, virtually no fumbles either, beyond the norm. As for the wind I've kept hearing about, I sure didn't see or notice much at all. I kept a constant eye on the little flags at the top of the goal posts, and they hardly moved. I felt very little down where I was seated, also.

I had no problem with TL's performance, other than I was disappointed in some long throws that looked to capitalize on their one-on-one coverage. Again, cold might have made the balls short, or wind make them go right or left, but these balls were just LONG. Nbr. 10, DK, had a good 50-50 ball on a long throw (where I could see it quite well on my end) and just didn't win the ball. My biggest observation here is that TL was in a completely different spatial environment, a very LITTLE stadium with very LOW, bright lights that were bothersome. When I walked in the stadium, I said to my son: "This feels like a tennis arena compared to what we're used to being in". (This same reasoning is also why basketball shooting percentages drop in away games, bigger or smaller arenas.)

On the intermediate throws, where the spacing doesn't matter as much, TL was the usual outstanding accuracy. I also had the feeling he was constantly under more duress than usual from his right side, and I could also see in the first series or two that we seemed to have to make some adjustments. But this was a good defense. The real question in my mind is if we had this kind of problem with all this (and I address the OC's here), what's going to happen when we face the NFL caliber, stunting Clemson-west (Bama) defense? If BC did "This that and the other with their looks and packages", then Bama is going to do all that and more.

Our D was ridiculous, and though Daz' is all about his team in the post-game, I saw a lot of "if we had just done this, or if that player had not got hurt, or wasn't battling injury", we had a ball game. I don't think any of that would've changed much myself. Sorry Daz, but I know you've got to feel like you were close to us, probably as much for recruiting as anything.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx & did you attend Gameday with a sign?

Nov 11, 2018, 6:08 PM

Glad you & Son attended & helped with the V!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, yes, sure did. Posted this sign on here

Nov 11, 2018, 6:32 PM

yesterday on one of my posts. Thnx.

Re: Different POV generally, on the game, TL ...

Nov 11, 2018, 6:10 PM

I like your observation about lighting and absolutely when you first walk in there you really notice the difference spatially. Of course I was not there but have been twice. I can see where the atmosphere could cause some issues, focus is so key in games like that. What I mean is be in the game with your team, not looking focusing on the environment. Anyway I hope you had an awesome time. Bet you were tired after that full day.

Good gosh...

Nov 11, 2018, 6:11 PM

We won, on the road, at night, in not so great conditions against a tough well coached team. Enjoy the win and move on. Im sure the coaches will work with TL, the o-line and the running backs on what to do and not do. And they’re more worried about Duke than they are a game that may never happen.

Why the "Good gosh..."

Nov 11, 2018, 6:22 PM

The poster wanted to post his observations. My wife is from Boston & due to the fact she now lives in Switzerland, we broke our personal streak of going to the BC game since 2008. I enjoyed reading about other people's experiences in BC. Its a great town AND experience.

Go Tiger5 AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Some people have extremely low

Nov 11, 2018, 6:33 PM

reading comprehension.

I mean, part of enjoying the win

Nov 11, 2018, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Good gosh... ]

is talking and reminisciing about it. That's part of the fun. What gives here.

??? Who said he didn't enjoy the win? Good grief.***

Nov 11, 2018, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Good gosh... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good gosh...

Nov 12, 2018, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Good gosh... ]

Thanks Greg - well stated...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 6:32 PM

Thanks for taking the time I enjoyed your observations.

Nov 11, 2018, 6:58 PM

Boston College has a very good D-line and Allen is NFL caliber. As a whole Alabama has a better defense, but keep in mind that does not mean that every player is better than ones we will face with other teams. There were some issues, but I would rather them show up now rather than later if it was technique so the coaches can work on them. Of course the more likely scenario might just be a bad day. TL has thrown the deep ball great all year and Anchrum has been pretty solid. I don't see any reason to panic. It was a 20 point win in a tombstone game with a "muffed punt" and a punt return for a touchdown against us. We'll be fine.

Nov 12, 2018, 12:24 AM

Concur with your analysis of the lighting/stadium. My first thought when I walked in was they must not play many night games here. And I must have been in the same section as you - one of the worst stadium designs I've seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,559
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic