Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is Dabo even giving Finebaum an interview ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,740

Why is Dabo even giving Finebaum an interview ?

Dec 16, 2015, 9:44 AM

Isn't that the SEC Network ?

and then talk about Bama the whole time ?

Let them interview Saban every other day ... that shouldn't get old.

We got a couple of games to prep for.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is Dabo even giving Finebaum an interview ?

Dec 16, 2015, 9:51 AM

Because for about a half hour of his time, it keeps people who ordinarily wouldn't even mention Clemson talking about the Tigers. I think Paul respects him because he's an Alabama guy. I'm not a big ESPN fan, but you guys are starting to sound like the FSU crowd

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no denying the E$PiN bias....

Dec 16, 2015, 9:59 AM

Even people won don't really follow sports can see it.

I was visiting my 86 year old mother-in-law the other night when she said, "I was sorry that the young man from Clemson did not win the Heisman. I was hoping he would. Of course, he probably never had much of a chance. Every time you turn on the TV all they talk about is Alabama and the $EC."

The only people who continue to deny the obvious partiality are $EC fans and ESecPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: There is no denying the E$PiN bias..yep Bama SEC thing

Dec 16, 2015, 10:02 AM

w ESPN is ridiculous. Its like a period in the 70's and 80's when every time Southern Cal got a new starting tailback they were an immediate Heisman favorite. Sports media in this country is idiotic

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sharing light and hope***

Dec 16, 2015, 10:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Amen.***

Dec 16, 2015, 12:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Did you listen to it?

Dec 16, 2015, 10:11 AM

I too get tired of Finebaum at times too but he is what he is. He makes a living promoting the SEC and we are all aware of that so why do we act so surprised.

It was a good interview with Dabo great as usual. The Alabama stuff is being spun for not what the topic really was. It was just Dabo talking about life and how things all just work out and he just trusted that God had a plan for him. Finebaum even held off asking him if he would ever consider BAMA job.

Finebaum tweeted that it was one of the best interviews EVER on the show !!!!! Pretty good press being sent out all across the SEC and those recruits.

Boy, things can really be taken out of context when the actual interview is not listened too and people depend on little sound bites.

Positive Clemson Exposure for the SEC Guys!!

Dec 16, 2015, 10:35 AM

Even the Kool-Aid Drinking SEC types listened with Respect and several called in to say that! Dabo is the Number 1 rated Coach of the YEAR!! We are Clemson and we play in the ACC! Go Tigers!!!!!!

Parlaying for the Bama job

Dec 16, 2015, 10:15 AM

*sarcasm* for the sensitive ones on tnet

Dabo Just wanted to see if he'd talk his crap to his face.

Dec 16, 2015, 10:27 AM

He's the sec propaganda stirrer. Dabo would tell him what he thought. Drop the mic and exit stage left.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cause Dabo isn't like the wacko fans who think

Dec 16, 2015, 10:33 AM

ESPN is out to get Clemson, and he'll take the publicity and attention?

If Dabo isn't wacko...

Dec 16, 2015, 11:01 AM

...then how did he win the rant of the year?

:)

null

Re: Cause Dabo isn't like the wacko fans who think

Dec 16, 2015, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Cause Dabo isn't like the wacko fans who think ]

I don't think people think ESPN is "out to get Clemson" as much as it is the ESPN is out to try to protect and preserve the idea of the SEC as a dominant college football conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ THIS, Prodigal . . . . my opinion as well.***

Dec 16, 2015, 12:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

If Finebaum is an SEC mouthpiece, then the question is

Dec 16, 2015, 11:00 AM

why would HE be interviewing Dabo? It only helps us. It gets Clemson and Dabo into more peoples minds in SEC country. We recruit against these guys. I like seeing that Finebaum is singing our praises. Dabo isn't going to be petty when it comes to his program. He'll talk to anyone and do his job. Spurrier was the one that blackballed reporters and said the program had "enemies."

null

FineBaum LOVES Dabo now that he knows he's a Bama alum...

Dec 16, 2015, 11:11 AM

He's already working him for the job as soon as Saban leaves. You could hear the excitement in Paul's voice when Dabo said Saban was going to hire him on his staff a decade or more ago.

If that's true, that's perfect. Let Finebaum sing Dabo's

Dec 16, 2015, 11:16 AM

praises. That will only help us. By the time Finebaum realizes that Dabo is never leaving Clemson, the impact will have been made.

null

You should have heard the interview.

Dec 16, 2015, 12:13 PM

It was clear PF wanted to scout Dabo for a return to Clemson. Dabo put the brakes on that question before it was asked.

Saban called Dabo after Dabo was kicking everybody's ### in recruiting. Dabo told Saban that it was too close to recruit's signing day for him to make a move. I don't guess there's a single person here who actually knows what they are talking about regarding the interview.

Let me say that again, "Saban called Dabo with a job offer and Dabo turned him down cold. The End.!"

Dabo embarrassed Bama and the SEC. Finebaum was speechless. Finally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CDS said it was bad timing and look what God had in store

Dec 16, 2015, 12:21 PM

for him . . .

Bad timing being so close to signing day.

And God had other plans.

Incredible testimony.

Incredible statement of CDS's LOYALTY as well . . . he didn't even entertain an interview because it was a week away form these kids signing on the dotted line to a relationship CDS started.

And those kids could have bolted - not signed - performed the ol' switcharoo at the 12th hour . . . but CDS stayed the course.

Again - another incredible testimony.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,740
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic