Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did you know this about BLM?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Did you know this about BLM?

Jun 11, 2020, 10:24 AM
IMG_5659.jpg(70.7 K)

Their donations go to BluePAC, a fundraiser for democrats: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ms_blm_homepage_2019

They promote the dissolution of the nuclear family - see attached screen shot.

After seeing this, I say that I 100% do not support the BLM movement. I support racial equality - and the renaming of Tillman Hall. But I do not support that organization.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BluePAC doesn't seem to be a real thing

Jun 11, 2020, 10:31 AM

Googling only brings random businesses with similar names. Do you mean ActBlue? That's just the fundraising site they're using. Here's how Wikipedia describes ActBlue:

"ActBlue is a nonprofit technology organization established in June 2004 that enables Democrats, progressive groups, and nonprofits to raise money on the Internet by providing them with online fundraising software."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActBlue

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BluePAC doesn't seem to be a real thing

Jun 11, 2020, 10:35 AM

Sorry yes - ActBlue. On the BLM website the donate section goes to ActBlue. Per articles by Time Magazine and others, ActBlue has not stated how they split funds received. But you can review their actual past distributions and see the top 2 recipients were Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden.

My point is that BLM appears to be a front for fund raising for the democrats. It's fine for democrats to raise money but doing so under the name BLM is very misleading. Once again the democrats are controlling black people and most probably don't know it.

that's what they do, donate to Dems

Jun 11, 2020, 1:41 PM

so the question is, do all BLM donations get funneled to Dem candidates? Seems like they should be donating to community causes?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds sketch***

Jun 11, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to BluePAC doesn't seem to be a real thing ]

Re: Did you know this about BLM?

Jun 11, 2020, 10:43 AM

Ummm... wow.

The extended community family model is common across a wide range of cultures (including anglo-saxon christian culture), especially when there is a high loss of community members from participation either due to death, suppression or immigration. If folks are protesting loss of their family members, don't blame them for a model that also accounts for that loss while aiming for positive outcomes.

Ever wonder why a lot of media, TV shows showed with families with "uncles/aunts" and other adoptive families in post-war US? You had both a lot of missing fathers but also higher mortality rates of parents pre-war were driving a lot of local memory. The "nuclear" family was a post-war subdivision concept... right during the rise of divorce rates. Do you really thing that folks pre-atomic age was using the term "nuclear"?

In addition, the community model is historic development within the US has traditionally and intentionally dissolved families due to "economic" reasons... or so I am told.

Jun 11, 2020, 10:48 AM

I don't give a flying you know what about what is common. Common doesn't mean good. READ the scientific evidence. Regardless of color children raised in a 2 parent household are less likely to be poor and more likely to do well in school. Those are facts.

I was raised by a single mother so I am not belittling that state of affairs. But to WANT that for your children is to want what comes with it more than often than not. I personally find it very disturbing. I know I didn't want my own kids raised by only one parent. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it is for the best (better than an abusive environment) but you should never aspire to it.

Jun 11, 2020, 11:04 AM

I know the "science evidence" in fact, I have published it. ;) I am a tiger with three stripes.

Is the variables you mentioned spurious (lol - naming bad statistics after the coots)? Is it only highlighting issues of systemic issues? Does the metric in which poverty have more of a role in determining the dissolution of a family unit? Does other social-economic factors impact how single/dual/community contribute to "successful" outcomes?

Personally, I want a community-model for my own kids in which they learn they can rely on grandparents, uncles/aunts, friends, and neighbors etc. It is called good planning.

The community model is designed so that children are not raised by "one parent" but with the very pragmatic application that one or both parents might not be able to parent.

Jun 11, 2020, 11:34 AM

I like the community model too - if we had more of it a lot less people would be in nursing homes and kids would have a network. My issue with BLM is not that they support the community model but their words are "disrupt" the "nuclear family". Since you have done the studies you know that even when adjusted for many possible other factors there appears to be a direct cause and effect between being a child growing up in a single parent household and the likelihood of them not doing well educationally or financially is true.

Even if you want to ignore the studies, how is it even logical that it would be better to be raised by a single parent vs 2 parents?

WTH are you talking about?

Jun 11, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you know this about BLM? ]

This is straight pulling something out of your ###:

"Do you really thing that folks pre-atomic age was using the term "nuclear"?"

Yes, yes they did.

A Nuclear family has absolutely zero to do with nuclear fission, fusion, or atomic energy on any level.

"According to the Oxford English Dictionary the term dates back to 1925 and actually originates from nucleus, which is originally latin and means core. A nuclear family is a family where father, mother and their children live in one household - they flock together like objects around a nucleus (eg. an atom).
A synonym for nuclear family members would be immediate family members - the opposite of the extended family."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WTH are you talking about?

Jun 11, 2020, 1:29 PM

It is scary to think that a person who believes this is going to be a doctor. I hope he means PhD "doctor" so he can join the other crazies and not actually advise people with health issues.

If he is planning to be s doctor he should study the history of sexually transmitted diseases. A lot of people have died from HIV, Ebola, syphilis and host of other diseases (and children born infected) that would not have if they are their partner had been monogamous. But yes monogamy and 2 parents raising a child together is bad and should be "disrupted".

Fact check: False

Jun 13, 2020, 9:18 AM

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jun/12/ryan-fournier/conservative-pundits-share-false-claim-about-black/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic