Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama Dominates Clemson, 34-10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Aug 31, 2008, 12:07 AM

Clemson came into the game with high expectations, a No. 9 national ranking and the hope that it could carry the torch for the Atlantic Coast Conference against Alabama of the Southeastern Conference. Instead, it was the end of a horrible day for the ACC as the Tigers were pushed around. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haterrrrrr

Aug 31, 2008, 12:08 AM

;)

Re: Alabama Dominates Clemson, 34-10

Aug 31, 2008, 12:20 AM

TB also said something along the lines of "it's their job to get off the field and it's our job to stay on the field". He associates himself with the offense only. That is at least 60 young men on his team and at least 4 of his staff with whom he shares no relationship.

Aug 31, 2008, 12:32 AM

I have supported Tommy Bowden through thick and thin since he has been at CU, BUT I am done with him. The most talented team ever and they cannot win any big game.

ESPN reported that Tommy did not exhibit any confidence in a pregame interview. It boils done to one thing - if the head coach is a puXXy, the team will not have the guts to win the big ones.

For the first time since he has been there I have to say:

IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!

Guess what?

Aug 31, 2008, 1:21 AM

There will be no change...been watching this crap forever...First game I have been to in years and it was an embarrassment...I have seen better High School teams...no slight to the players....but the staff obviously was not prepared and did not have the team prepared. And that falls on TB. I do think there were several things that killed any momentum for the O.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Aug 31, 2008, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama Dominates Clemson, 34-10 ]

TB also said something along the lines of "it's their job to get off the field and it's our job to stay on the field". He associates himself with the offense only. That is at least 60 young men on his team and at least 4 of his staff with whom he shares no relationship.

I heard that too. How does a head coach say that. No comradely with the team. It's not Clemson against the opponent, it's Clemson against itself. One of the many problems.

Aug 31, 2008, 12:42 AM

here we go again-what great preparation once again

Alabama Clearly wanted it more. I just don't think Bowden

Aug 31, 2008, 12:51 AM

shows enough Fire as a coach and by him not showing any emotion it trickles down to the team. From the Opening play Bama's Players and Coaches were ready to go to War. While our coach just bent over on his knees on the sideline. There was so many things that went wrong tonight I could Type for the Rest of the Night. But to sum it all up- 1. No Emotion
2. Play Calling and Coaching
3. DEFENSE

Where is the leadership and fire?

Aug 31, 2008, 1:10 AM

Where have all the leaders gone?
Where did our players go to?
Where was our coach? Oh yeah I forgot----he was trying to get his head out of his ### even before the game started!

Why did Harper keep throwing to Faerber?
Wait who the hell is Faerber? I thought we had a pre-season All American named Kelly? Kelly who?

Why don't we throw to our tight-ends like Alabama and every other school does? Where was Linthicum? Was he injured?
Why didn't the coaches in Summer work outs teach our team how to BLOCK, TACKLE and catch a FOOTBALL!
Tommy these are called the basics of football!

Where was the FIRE!
Where was our EMOTION?
Not ONE player was trying get our team fired up on the sidelines when we were playing bad. Did not see a coach getting fired up or mad about our sloppy play!

The womans beach volley ball at the Olympics had more fire and emotion than we did tonight!

Come on Clemson your much better than this!
One last question?
When will we get a coach that knows how to coach?
With all the talent we have it hurts to see it all go to waste with this head coach.

Tommy your daddy is calling you home!
Bring Clemson Football Back PLEASE!!

We can still win a national championship

Aug 31, 2008, 1:54 AM

we will fall back to # 20. We have 12 games left. This is plenty of time to get back to #1 or #2. You got to Believe.

Apparently you didn't watch the game.***

Aug 31, 2008, 2:53 AM

Re: We can still win a national championship

Aug 31, 2008, 8:45 AM [ in reply to We can still win a national championship ]

Yes,you have to believe but do the coaches have the fire,the passion,and the game calling skills to make these players play up to their level?

The ACC will have BCS tie-in, but it will not be for Natl

Aug 31, 2008, 8:48 AM [ in reply to We can still win a national championship ]

championship - not Clemson any way. If ACC has unbeaten team, maybe, but ACC sucks. Including CLemson.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: The ACC will have BCS tie-in, but it will not be for Natl

Aug 31, 2008, 8:54 AM

How many Clemson football players does it take to change a flat tire?

Re: We can still win a national championship

Aug 31, 2008, 9:11 AM [ in reply to We can still win a national championship ]

Let's shelve all this talk about winning the National Championship,and focus on winning the Conference;hell after last nites performance I hope we can at least win the Atlantic Division.Win that,then the A.C.C. championship game,and then {and ONLY THEN} can we dicuss winning the National Championship!

national championship??

Aug 31, 2008, 9:17 AM [ in reply to We can still win a national championship ]

dude, we might go 7-5 if we don't change things quick!

Re: national championship??

Aug 31, 2008, 9:24 AM

> dude, we might go 7-5 if we don't change things quick!

Re: Alabama Clearly wanted it more. I just don't think Bowden

Aug 31, 2008, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Alabama Clearly wanted it more. I just don't think Bowden ]

You could tell last night which team wanted the game more.Give the Alabama players and coaches credit for being a ready to play inspired football team.They hit us in the mouth;we just took it.You dont have to be a Tommy Bowden fan or hater to see that he lacks the skills to fire up a football team.We now have the facilities that Tommy asked for as well some very good fotball players.Coaching is very mediocre at Clemson.Has anbody thought about the damage done to football recruiting last night.We were on the national stage and we laid an egg.You can tell these kids that Clemson wants to win championships,but the proof is in the way we play.Keep this up and watch those 4 and 5 star kids go elswhere.This game was horrible for the coaches,players,and fans.This team's true character will be seen if they pick themselves up from the loss.The ACC is still a reasonable goal and target,but we lost a lot of respect last night.I am ashamed of what we put on the field last night in terms of effort and coaching.I hope you are your coaches are proud this morning Tommy.Speaking as one fan,im not.

Aug 31, 2008, 8:58 AM

It could be a long year here in Huntsville Alabama. I was very dissappointed in the way the team was prepared and how we were moved off the ball on defense. I have never seen our run defense that overwhelmed. You have to give Alabama credit with a text book plan for a team such as Clemson keep them off the field and they can not use their speed or big play capability. Where was the team I saw at the ChickFila Bowl we hung with Auburn who has beaten Alabama 6 years in a row.

Aug 31, 2008, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama Clearly wanted it more. I just don't think Bowden ]

Ditto ! Last night was ugly & you are right, a lot of undecided kids saw it & you could not blame them for going else where. We need a change ,Bigtime in our coaching staff.GOOD BYE TOMMY

Agreed. On sidelines, he always looks punched in the gut.

Aug 31, 2008, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Alabama Clearly wanted it more. I just don't think Bowden ]

He never looks confident. Even when we're winning, he doesn't look very confident.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: Agreed. On sidelines, he always looks punched in the gut.

Sep 1, 2008, 3:45 PM

Well we can forget about "Papa" Lawson ,the no. 1 safety in the nation for 09, and probably all the other decent prospects that were coming. Thanks alot Tommy, you great motivator you. Been a T.B. supporter for years but now it's time for a change, unless that is , they run the table...Yeah Right!

Aug 31, 2008, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama Dominates Clemson, 34-10 ]

The coaches had plenty of time to prepare for Alabama.If this is their best,can you imagine their worst game plans?

Time for a Change--Blackout Until Tommy's Out!

Aug 31, 2008, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama Dominates Clemson, 34-10 ]

This situation is shameful. We have the fans, the money, and the facilities to be champions year in and year out, but our leadership blocks the way. Regardless of what they say about supporting the program and their desire to win a championship, the truth is their focus is solely on breaking into the "Top 20 Public Schools" in the nation. Having the great facilities, popping in and out of the top 25, and having a clean-cut, likable coach are all that's needed to help Clemson reach that "Top 20 Publics" goal, having a championship caliber team would be great, but not necessary. So, our leadership is content to allow us to suffer through years of embarrassment and ridicule, and they'll continue to do so until they feel our pain. The only way to motivate our selfish leadership is to either do something to embarrass them or hurt their pocketbooks so much that they are forced to make the #### changes that obviously should have been made years ago. If we have to suffer through a couple of rough seasons to break in a new coaching staff and to get some "Danny Ford" era, smash-mouth players, then so be it. We're suffering anyway and this torture has got to stop. I know that we will still attend games, we're true fans and we're going to attend and watch our Tigers, but I recommend that all Tigers stop buying anything Clemson, cut or reduce IPTAY money and any other scholarships that may be supported, overwhelm our leadership with mail letting them know our true feelings, and wear black to the games instead of orange. Let's cut the money supply and black out Death Valley to show that we're fed up with this shame. We'll continue to be a bad joke until we force a change. Black out until Tommy’s out!

OK Bowden fans... It's time for this year's new excuses.

Aug 31, 2008, 2:50 AM

Clemson had enough player-talent on the field to win or to at least play close to Alabama. Why did Clemson get blown out and humiliated? More than ever, I'm convinced it's because Clemson has a mediocre coach who did his typical mediocre job of preparing his players. (Whereas Alabama has a great coach, who did a great job of preparing his players.) I've been listening to Bowden-fans defend TB for many years with all kinds of new excuses every year like, facilities, player-talent, injuries, bad luck, one play away, one point away, one kick away, Aaron Kelly dropped a pass, etc, etc. But seriously, what's the excuse for getting blown out by a young Alabama team when Clemson has at least as much (and probably more) player talent and experience? Let me guess... It has nothing to do with coaching?

I am so disgusted that Terry Don Philips gave Tommy Bowden a long-term contract extension with a $4M buyout. How foolish. I can't believe that Clemson fans have to endure several more years of Tommy Bowden, and that Clemson (and its fans) actually have to pay TB millions of dollars to get rid of him, regardless of his performance. That bad judgment is why I withheld my donations to Clemson this year, since Clemson was obviously being foolish with my money. I had sincerely hoped that I was wrong, and that the Bowden supporters knew something that I didn't. Unfortunately, I was right.

OK Bowden fans. Let's hear the new excuse for this season. I look forward to your creativity.

Re: OK Bowden fans... It's time for this year's new excuses.

Aug 31, 2008, 8:19 AM

this is what i spent my money for im a idiot my prediction is 7-5 or 8-4

Aug 31, 2008, 8:31 AM

We are suddenly a basketball school. Even so, we will probably beat Citadel ( hope I spelled it right )

Sep 1, 2008, 11:25 AM [ in reply to OK Bowden fans... It's time for this year's new excuses. ]

Boston College, South Carolina, Auburn, and Bama. We're 1-3, and a last second field goal away from 0-4.

This is not just about Sat. night. This has been brewing for a while. We have a ton of great athletes and talent that is the envy of people far more experienced than me in evaluating such things. Why didn’t Andree Powell just go over and knock Spence's headphones off and demand, “let my horses out of the barn?” Defending against an intimidating pass rush, every down, with 6 yard pressure release routes is, frankly; impossible.

NET YARDS RUSHING 239 0
Rushes 50 14
Average Per Rush 4.8 0.0

Clemson Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
J. Davis 6 13 2.2 6 0 0
C. Spiller 2 7 3.5 8 0 0
J. Ford 1 5 5.0 5 0 0
T. Grisham 1 3 3.0 3 0 0
J. Harper 1 0 0.0 0 0 0
C. Harper 3 0 0.0 0 0 0

How does one keep quiet and not confront your boss when shells are coming down in your position? Why so much blind loyalty? See you at the end of Sept. with our memories reprogrammed and thinking we’re all that again…until the next true Georgia-based foe.

Come on folks come up on the net and be heard, why does Coach say “I didn’t get them prepared…” WHY? Not enough time? Should we add another month to the calendar. My strongest empathy to those of you who made the trip to our “Gettyburg”….

TB hasn't seen anyone physically beat us like that in 3 yrs?

Aug 31, 2008, 3:15 AM

I can't believe Tommy Bowden said, "I've never been in a game where we've been physically dominated up front like that. That surprised me."

Didn't Tommy Bowden attend the Clemson-Virginia Tech games the last few years? I could have sworn that he was on the sidelines.

EVERY time that Clemson plays a physical offense or defense, Clemson struggles. In recent weeks, several national media analysts reported that perennial problem. Heck, it's been a trademark of Clemson's teams since Bowden arrived. It's so obvious. Is Bowden really that far out of touch with reality?

Did you hear Bowden right before the game started?

Aug 31, 2008, 3:44 AM

He said something along the lines of, " I'm putting the pressure on the players to win this game so It's not on me". I swear to christ, it was something like that and no one made a big deal about it. Its on tape, Im not making this up.

I heard his preemptive excuse that it's not his fault.***

Aug 31, 2008, 11:15 AM

Re: Did you hear Bowden right before the game started?

Aug 31, 2008, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Did you hear Bowden right before the game started? ]

What Clemson did not do for themselves to make this game a disaster they assisted Brent Musberger and his partner, Bird''''. They took Clemson to task in every way poossible. On one occasion, when Musberger finally decided to give Clemson something to hope for in the future, the Bird interrupted him to say that he observed the Clemson players were not looking right, were not talking to each other, and he didn't even give this team any chance for the future. Maybe the clown is right. Musberger repeated a couple of times that he had talked to Bow Down a couple of times before the game and found him tense. Time to look for a real football team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you hear Bowden right before the game started?

Sep 1, 2008, 3:58 PM

Yeah what's this squatting down stuff on the sidelines ? He looks like a scared little puppy. I swear it's like looking at "Coach Cline" from the "Waterboy". Maybe we need a mentally hadicapped waterboy to fire up this team , and our spineless leader. Come on Tommy, grow a pair !

same ol' shi+ from a Bowden team

Aug 31, 2008, 7:28 AM

once he gets the big check secured, he's done.
uninspired. unaffected.

i swear, that cat can't coach if his job isn't on the line.
he owes Bukholz a LOT of money. if Bukholz had missed that field goal against USuC, Bowden would NEVER have gotten that big a$$ contract extension. he probably would have been fired.
since we cant fire Bowden, i think it's time to start asking for Terry Don Phillips' head on a freaking stick. the no poker playing summabi+ch.

Re: same ol' shi+ from a Bowden team

Aug 31, 2008, 7:43 AM

Tommy hadn't done anything to earn his last contact extension and raise. I have been off the Bowden band wagon for 5 years. I have written to T D Phillips and it has fallen on deaf ears. The only way this mediocre football changes is if I get lots of help writing to T D Phillips. I can see a bigger contract and extension like we gave Bowden if we were winning the ACC and winning a BCS bowl here and there. But we haven't won anything of consequence under his "leadership". We have the $$ for the buyout and I for one am not opposed to spending it. Right Now! Check the history, last time we gave Tommy a big contact, he had just finished the season with 4 big wins, one of which was against his Dad. He returned the love we gave him with a 5 or 6 win season the next year. Frankly, I expect nothing different from Tommy this year. As ESPN said about us last year: Clemson does less with more talent than nearly any other school. It all falls to Tommy and he is just not an inspiring coach or leader.

cfa

Aug 31, 2008, 10:04 AM

You have told it like it is ! I dropped out of IPTAY &will not re-join until TB & his coaching staff are gone.Our OC has to be the worst play caller in the history of the sport! ZERO yds. rushing ? How can that be ?Sabon is what a coach is about, he had them fired up & ready to kick butt. He started 10 Freshmen!

Aug 31, 2008, 3:23 PM

Come on when we play power house Cid/scstate/ youll change ur mind ;) we will really put up some points. more than likely lose to ncstae

Aug 31, 2008, 1:39 PM

This situation is shameful. We have the fans, the money, and the facilities to be champions year in and year out, but our leadership blocks the way. Regardless of what they say about supporting the program and their desire to win a championship, the truth is their focus is solely on breaking into the "Top 20 Public Schools" in the nation. Having the great facilities, popping in and out of the top 25, and having a clean-cut, likable coach are all that's needed to help Clemson reach that "Top 20 Publics" goal, having a championship caliber team would be great, but not necessary. So, our leadership is content to allow us to suffer through years of embarrassment and ridicule, and they'll continue to do so until they feel our pain. The only way to motivate our selfish leadership is to either do something to embarrass them or hurt their pocketbooks so much that they are forced to make the #### changes that obviously should have been made years ago. If we have to suffer through a couple of rough seasons to break in a new coaching staff and to get some "Danny Ford" era, smash-mouth players, then so be it. We're suffering anyway and this torture has got to stop. I know that we will still attend games, we're true fans and we're going to attend and watch our Tigers, but I recommend that all Tigers stop buying anything Clemson, cut or reduce IPTAY money and any other scholarships that may be supported, overwhelm our leadership with mail letting them know our true feelings, and wear black to the games instead of orange. Let's cut the money supply and black out Death Valley to show that we're fed up with this shame. We'll continue to be a bad joke until we force a change. Black out until Tommy’s out!

Aug 31, 2008, 7:25 PM

"Alabama Dominates Clemson, 34-10" - Now that is an understatement. Alabama's lines, both offensive and defensive, man-handled ours, and we did not win the battle in the trenches at the line of scrimmage. Our linemen got pushed all over the place.

Also - Spiller got 2 carries and Davis got 7? Did I read that right? Unbelievable. Reminds me of the embarrassment I witnessed first hand in Nashville, TN against Kentucky in the Music City Bowl. If I remember correctly, Davis and Spiller combined for 13 carries.

I really wish our OC and head coach would wise up.

Sep 1, 2008, 12:09 AM

I had made a post a few days ago concerning Rob Spense. I met him and thought him to be a very decent man. My gosh, decent man or not, what a lousy, lousy, lousy OC.

When the announcement was made that Nick Saban took the job at Ala, the whole SEC world sucked air in saying, "OH NO!! HE'S BACK!! Saban cast concern and fear on his opponents. TB wouldn't cast fear on the University of Delaware.

Is 10 years long enough to build a winning team? Please tell me we're not adopting the COCK's motto, "Wait til next year" year after year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2008, 4:58 PM

Rob Spence should be ashamed of himself. He failed to give our offense any chance at succeeding against a very hopped up and blitz happy defense. When you have two of the best backs in college football when they're on the field at the same time, you use that to your advantage -- put them on the field at the same time -- all the time. Make the defense choose between defending against 2 running backs and a quarterback. They continue to blitz, you throw screens to the flat, the LB's start sitting back, you run, the DB's come up when you start throwing screens, you burn them long. When you are unsure of your offensive line, you run outside negating a possible inside debacle, and when you have crazy speed on offense you use it. Offense is not rocket science especially when you have better players on the field talent wise. Rob Spence has been the primary and major liability to the Clemson team since he arrived, and I hope he packs his bags and leaves.

If Spence does leave

Sep 3, 2008, 5:00 PM

will you please, please apply for the job. Sounds like you really know your s##t.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic