Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did the "Bag Man" get to Gurley...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,464

Did the "Bag Man" get to Gurley...

Sep 5, 2014, 2:38 PM

No doubt after last weekend, much discussion about us supposed to get Gurley as a Tiger.

Did the infamous "Bag Man" from Jawja with that paper sack full of $, get to him or a family member?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did the "Bag Man" get to Gurley...

Sep 5, 2014, 2:55 PM

i followed Gurley's recruitment pretty close, but what i saw was that we thought we had a good in with Marshall and slow played Gurley, who grew up WANTING to play for Clemson. Gurley was not so highly touted as a recruit, considered a high 3* but not as exciting as Marshall was, who was a top 3 back in their class and a consensus 5*. we screwed ourselves... take what you will from this Gurley interview...

""Journey on the Recruiting Trail

This process went deep into the cycle, as Gurley didn't reveal his intentions to join Georgia until just three weeks before national signing day.

"It was very difficult, and it kind of came down to Clemson and Georgia," Gurley told Kipp Adams of ESPN.com after his decision. "I grew up wanting to play for Clemson, but deep down inside, Georgia was where my heart was at."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gurley is one ambiguous sombich.***

Sep 5, 2014, 3:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did the "Bag Man" get to Gurley...

Sep 5, 2014, 2:56 PM

Gurley has said in the past he was always going to UGA, Marshall has said, the morning of his commitment he was going to Clemson but changed his mind on the drive to the ceremony. The Bagman works at Auburn anyway.

Re: Did the "Bag Man" get to Gurley... It's an SEC thing

Sep 5, 2014, 3:02 PM

See- Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Fla, Ga, Tenn, SCar, etc...

Re: Did the "Bag Man" get to Gurley... It's an SEC thing

Sep 5, 2014, 3:10 PM

Thats weird because all the major cheating scandals are coming out of the ACC. See: UNC, Miami, GT. Not to mention what is going on at FSU

something something something

Sep 5, 2014, 3:18 PM

Herschel Walker's new car.....something something!

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

That's funny--you gotta get to no 11 to even hit a

Sep 5, 2014, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Did the "Bag Man" get to Gurley... It's an SEC thing ]

current ACC team for number of seasons all time on probation:

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Board/142/Contents/NCAA-Probation-Who-has-been-on-it-most-10728382

I count 6 SEC teams on that list...

the SEC has a culture of silence

Sep 5, 2014, 5:28 PM

Mike Slive was once a lawyer who specialized in getting schools accused of NCAA infractions out of hot water.

He did his job so well the SEC made him their commissioner. One of his first acts was the so-called "Phil Fulmer rule" that required SEC schools who intended to report an infraction by another SEC school to the SEC first. It's basically the SEC's version of omerta - meaning, you don't talk to the cops, ever.

Slive is very well-aware the SEC is a brand, and he's absolutely assiduous in protecting it, internally as well as externally.

There is no such culture in place in the ACC...well, unless you count what's been going on since time immemorial in regards to basketball. When Clemson got into NCAA hot water in Danny Ford's era the ACC didn't just allow the NCAA to hit us with probation, they piled on and tacked on an extra year of their own.

Re: the SEC has a culture of silence

Sep 5, 2014, 6:45 PM

Coulda had girly . Coulda had nkemdiche.. ***Sigh*** ...

Oh well

Why don't we get a ***

Sep 5, 2014, 6:47 PM

bag man. Any volunteers??!!

Re: That's funny--you gotta get to no 11 to even hit a

Sep 5, 2014, 6:58 PM [ in reply to That's funny--you gotta get to no 11 to even hit a ]

Nice read, ace....I see the chickens almost made the top 10 in something finally.

Finished on top ten in fball last 3 years***

Sep 5, 2014, 7:16 PM

I'd be curious to know if Marshall regrets his decision

Sep 5, 2014, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Did the "Bag Man" get to Gurley... ]

a little bit.

They were pretty equal their freshman years but he was banged up last year and has no doubt taken a back seat to Gurley this year (6 carries, 8 yards last week).

We could've used him the last two years for sure and he could've been our no 1 RB the last two years (loved Hot Rod but I think Marshall would've beaten him out).

I'm sure he doesn't "regret" coming to UGA but you gotta think, when he was sitting on the bench last week part of him was thinking, "what if..."

I guess he offered less than what he gave to Bellamy & Page.

Sep 5, 2014, 3:11 PM

He should have stepped up to the plate and gave Gurley something similar.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,464
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic