Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on Stoudt, Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney on Stoudt, Watson

Sep 8, 2014, 11:24 AM

Swinney on Stoudt, Watson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did people really boo Stoudt?

Sep 8, 2014, 11:26 AM

I was at the whole game (admittedly with liberal breaks into the shade) but don't recall any boos.

The guy behind me did.

Sep 8, 2014, 11:27 AM

But he was an idiot and the only one I heard.

He also yelled after the pooch kickoffs wondering why our kicker couldn't get it deeper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is funny stuff

Sep 8, 2014, 11:29 AM

Yea I personally did not hear any boos, but I'm sure there were a few idiots who did...what can you do?

We've sat in the same row for 10/15 years or so

Sep 8, 2014, 11:32 AM

As have the folks in front of us.

The seats right behind us seem to be sold by their owners to different folks every week. So we get a stream of different types of fans and it can be entertaining. Yesterday it was a yahoo who booed Stoudt at the start of every series he was in, and cheered like crazy every time Watson hit the field.

But, of course, he's a tiny tiny minority.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some peoples intelligence prevents them from using words

Sep 8, 2014, 11:52 AM

bigger than three letters. What this guy was trying to say was---"Cole, we appreciate everything you've done and you're a great QB but my untrained eyes tell me that I like the backup better and my vote counts 'cause I paid $15 to get in here!"

Re: The guy behind me did.

Sep 8, 2014, 11:51 AM [ in reply to The guy behind me did. ]

There was a reason for the shallow kicks. Did he not realize that the staff wanted to work on kick coverage. Shame on him for booing Cole. Fair weather fan I am sure. What a dope!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair

Sep 8, 2014, 11:55 AM

I think he's just one of the type of fans who like to boo things. We get em up there every now and then. They'd have booed Tajh for hitting Hopkins on the 4th and 16 instead of Humphries.

You could clearly hear it on the broadcast.

Sep 8, 2014, 12:05 PM [ in reply to The guy behind me did. ]

They booed him on the drive where Cole went in after Deshaun's TD. It was 2nd down and Cole overthrew the receiver on a wheel route.

Clear enough booing on the broadcast followed by a "We want Watson" chant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Here's my post on it.

Sep 8, 2014, 12:07 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15757915

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I sat through the entire game....

Sep 8, 2014, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Did people really boo Stoudt? ]

and never once heard anyone boo Stoudt.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Did people really boo Stoudt?

Sep 8, 2014, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Did people really boo Stoudt? ]

Yes. There was a section of students sitting near me and they all booed when Stoudt entered the game, then they started chanting, "We want Deshaun!". They cheered really loud every time Watson entered the game. I was really surprised and asked one of them how could they be so cruel? He replied by saying Cole sucks. Another student was extremely hurt, and said that students would not speak to Cole on campus after the Georgia game. I was really disappointed in the fans.

O'kay so that ends it. Our coach is not going to change his

Sep 8, 2014, 11:28 AM

mind. We all know Dabo well enough to know he will not bend on this.

We all have to live with this and cheer on Stout, our O-line, and all the rest of the Tigers to get better to take on FSU. I did not say I agree but I know when it is what it is. So, Quit whining. Let's all move on.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True and

Sep 8, 2014, 11:31 AM

that doesn't mean that DW won't get more snaps...

Go Tigers.

Re: O'kay so that ends it. Our coach is not going to change his

Sep 8, 2014, 11:37 AM [ in reply to O'kay so that ends it. Our coach is not going to change his ]

he shouldnt bend. I think the only way any of this changes is based on the FSU game. If Cole starts to look like "he" is the problem and not the offense in general then Watson will play more in the FSU game. IF Watson does really well, then he might come out the starter the next week. However, if Cole does ok and Watson does too then things will stay the same. Otherwise, both will continue to play all year. I have a feeling that Cole will do something to casue a change in the FSU game. Watson might not win it but will look good as he competes. I think that our deficiencies along the OL will be our downfall in that game. Still think we have a chance in that game.

Dabo - when are you going to get it through your head

Sep 8, 2014, 11:44 AM

that T-Net thinks Watson IS A BETTER QB AND DESERVES TO START!!! WHY CAN"T YOU SEE THAT? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? DO WHAT WE WANT!!!

;) (< This is for all of the idjits that don't know sarcasm when they see it.)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Dabo - when are you going to get it through your head

Sep 8, 2014, 12:12 PM

Point spread just went from 7.5 to 14 with one press conference.

I KNOW!!!***

Sep 8, 2014, 12:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Don't Boo

Sep 8, 2014, 12:01 PM

I can't believe anybody booed Cole Stoudt. That's terrible. They should have been dressed down right there in the stands. That's almost as bad as cussing in the stands. Really pathetic behavior by a contingent of imbeciles.

He's a student, and a fellow Tiger. He's doing the best he can. He's a very good QB, who happens to have a potentially "great" QB nipping at his heels. Does anybody honestly think he's wants to lose his starting job? Anybody who takes their personal frustrations out on Cole by booing at Cole during a game needs to seek professional help.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a general rule "Don't Boo Clemson Players"

Sep 8, 2014, 12:04 PM

Period.

I can only imagine exotic exceptions where the player has done something heinous off the field and for some unknown reason hasn't been suspended.

Otherwise it's football. They're trying.

I'd like to believe the boo's were for coaches decision, not

Sep 8, 2014, 12:28 PM

directed at Cole. Cole has done absolutely nothing to deserve any kind of booing.

Even when directed at coaches though, booing lacks class, but it's slightly more acceptable when directed at guys getting paid millions than it is for kids working their tails off for their scholarships.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney on Stoudt, Watson

Sep 8, 2014, 12:30 PM

Would you really tell FSU who is going to start and let them prepare for only one quarterback? Or if you were going to let Watson start, wouldn't you want them preparing for Stout or vice versa? Our situation has to be a defensive coordinator's nightmare. They have to play different schemes for each QB. But FSU does have a off week. We know who we have to prepare for, Big Headed, Cocky, Crab legged Jameis! And they have a new defensive coordinator who must prepare for a lot of unknowns.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic