Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did not realize SCAR was THIS young compared to others
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Did not realize SCAR was THIS young compared to others

Jul 29, 2013, 6:57 PM

Interesting chart (linked below) in Phil Steele's blog today on team youth. SCAR is the youngest team in the country, and by a pretty wide margin.

Also didn't know Dabo had loaded up so many in what is now the junior class. There are 16 seniors this year and 33 juniors. Next year's senior class will be huge.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2013/JUL13/DBJuly29.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very Young

Jul 29, 2013, 6:59 PM

Yes. Its something crazy. The coots i guess redshirt a lot. Shaw could be a junior but played because of Garcia sucked. They lose on offense this year 2 sr shaw and patrick which is a guard. And they lose a DB and DE on defense. And DOO DOO and whatever turds follow.

Offense

Jul 29, 2013, 7:01 PM

There is no one above a Sophomore at Running Back for the coots and No one over a Junior at WR. and 6 Freshen at LB on defense. Young and Inexperienced team. Should get ### kicked a lot this year

Nebraska, 68 FR, really?***

Jul 29, 2013, 7:08 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Nebraska, 68 FR, really?***

Jul 29, 2013, 7:10 PM

A lot of preferred walk ons

Thats sort of Nebraska's "thing"

Jul 31, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Nebraska, 68 FR, really?*** ]

Tom Osborne would always have teams pushing 200 players with lots of redshirts or walk ons. But he won a bunch of MNCs that way so, it works.

Re: Did not realize SCAR was THIS young compared to others

Jul 29, 2013, 7:19 PM

I am still trying to wrap my mind around 43 freshmen. How does that happen? Lot of upper classmen must have gotten "fired."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2013, 7:34 PM

> I am still trying to wrap my mind around 43 freshmen.
> How does that happen? Lot of upper classmen must
> t have gotten "fired."

The freshman class size includes the incoming true frosh and the redshirt frosh, so the freshman classes are all essentially "double" sized classes.

How can that happen when they signed 29 in 2009?

Jul 29, 2013, 7:20 PM

Surely they didn't RS 25? And even if they did, how many did they sign in 2010 to end up with only 26 Jrs?Something smells fishy to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Those numbers include walk ons ***

Jul 29, 2013, 7:39 PM

nm

They'll sign 25, at least, this February.***

Jul 29, 2013, 7:23 PM

they can only sign 16 in 2014 class and 25 in 2015

Jul 29, 2013, 7:38 PM

South Carolina can only sign 16 this year. They only lose 4 players. they redshirted 2 Players from 2009 3 Transferred. 12 Players from 2010 16 from 2011 17 redshirts in 2012. They redshirt a lot.

Re: they can only sign 16 in 2014 class and 25 in 2015

Jul 29, 2013, 7:52 PM

You mean they show a lot the door before they have a chance to play

Jul 29, 2013, 8:23 PM

That's how Spurrier always builds his teams. If you remember everybody talking about how he had lost it after his first few years. He kept telling people at his club meetings to be patient he was building the program the right way. So eventually he could just reload every year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2013, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: they can only sign 16 in 2014 class and 25 in 2015 ]

these numbers are still real. I think whether a prospect is a rs or plays as freshman he still is counted. rs is a great way to stock pile talent. according to records coots rs 26 players last year. the only non freshmen were those who were injured. we will have a huge senior class next year and are not a young team at all. that coots are the youngest team in football is hard to believe.

Re: They'll sign 25, at least, this February.***

Jul 29, 2013, 8:27 PM [ in reply to They'll sign 25, at least, this February.*** ]

They can't. They are still under sanctions and limited to 22 or 23.

Wish he would have left out players not on scholarship

Jul 29, 2013, 8:44 PM

Check out Nebraska's freshman class.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are right beside UGa. FSU similar as well***

Jul 29, 2013, 8:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2013, 8:52 PM

Remember a few years ago Dabo was talking about his youngest team in the country with 40 something freshman. Obviously only a few of us cared to dive into it to figure that out.

What it says when you have that many freshman is you are building a program. It simply means you had enough talent that much of your freshman class was redshirted. If you brought in 25 in 2011 and 25 in 2012 and redshirted 20, you would have 45 freshman on paper.

for everyone saying this is it for USC, they may want to take a closer look at the facts. If you are in the top 15-20 in recruiting and redshirting many of those guys, you are big time and will be fine for years. That is the clear sign of a big time program. I have no idea how good they will be and don't care, it simply demonstrates how good teams get better when run the right way.

Clemson is doing the same but watch closely on what big names have to play as freshman. If any are able to save a year because a few good players hold the position, then things are really looking up. Just think about CB. If there were really decent CBs, Alexander would have an extra year to learn rather than be thrown in as a freshman.

Re: Very few players ever graduate @ USC***

Jul 29, 2013, 8:53 PM

Jul 29, 2013, 9:17 PM

I wish there were some way to get hard data to show how many players graduate from both programs. would be a great stat for recruiting.

Re: SCAR also has the oldest players***

Jul 29, 2013, 9:26 PM

Here's the stats from the NCAA webpage

Jul 29, 2013, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Very few players ever graduate @ USC*** ]

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/newmedia/public/rates/index.html

Re: Clowney will be a 3rd year freshman in the Fall.***

Jul 31, 2013, 1:59 AM

Jul 30, 2013, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Very few players ever graduate @ USC*** ]

Not many players coming out of high school are going to college to graduate. Theyre trying to get to the nfl. So whats wrong with a school sending them to the nfl early. Seems to me that means they are developing talent.

Jul 30, 2013, 11:29 AM

except most of your guys arent getting sent to the NFL they are getting sent packing to make room for incoming recruits due to your insane over signing.

In the last 5 years you guys have signed 130 players. That is 26 a year.

Clemson has signed 108 or 22 a year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 30, 2013, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Very few players ever graduate @ USC*** ]

That's a lie.

Jul 30, 2013, 11:30 AM

130 players signed over the past 5 years they are going somewhere. Most are not graduating that is a fact.

null

Jul 30, 2013, 12:51 PM

Thats why SCAR is so young. They Redshirted Half there class. In 5 years they have had 6 transfer and 3 JC transfers to not even enroll in school.
2 years ago you use to be able to sign 0ver 25 recruits it didnt matter.
Clemson out of 107 Players have redshirted 20. With 9 Transfers and 2 JUCO to never make it to school.
We need to start deveolping players like SCAR and build depth. On the GREAT USCU defense last year they had 3 guys that were over 3 stars in recruitng in there class. On offense only had 2 guys rated over3 stars not including Lattimore.

what 2 juco players did we have on the fb team?

Jul 30, 2013, 5:34 PM

just curious.

The fact that you have only 4 seniors

Jul 30, 2013, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Very few players ever graduate @ USC*** ]

proves it's true

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 29, 2013, 9:17 PM

this is the same reason Clemson fans missed the growth of USC and didn't see the last 5 or 6 years coming.

USC was not real competition for years and taken for granted as a win by most long time Clemson fans. Now there is a group of recent Clemson graduates, including family members of mine, who didn't experience a Clemson win while they were in school.

The facts are USC led the SEC in football GPA, facilities have improved, the industrial complex surrounding the concrete jungle of a stadium has been revitalized into something many of us would be shocked to see. Many will be there this year and see what I saw a year or so ago which was high dollar parking lots for tailgating with cable, electric, buildings with tvs and cooking areas, a very nice former farmers market area with trees and grass and other things people visiting in the 70s-90s would have never expected to be there. It all comes with winning.

Wake up Tiger fans recent graduates don't take this team lightly nor do the players, old timers used ot beating them and talking down to them are forgetting the $$ their union with the SEC has provided and are missing the boat. yea it is in Columbia, no it isn't the picturesque campus of Clemson but they have money to pump into everything to make it top notch.

Meanwhile Clemson's board is fighting over what to do with Little John. USC proves these days they just build new stuff. This isn't your daddy's USC, the good news is we are seeing the best Clemson teams in school history and are keeping up with USC except for 1 category which could change this year

Jul 29, 2013, 10:02 PM

Thats what SCAR did and what we should of been doing. They are truly really deep. We are TOO DEEP at WR.. But really where else are we deep at? We need to recruit and redshrirt. bryant,Peake,Humphris all should of been RS. We will need Alexander this year. Cant RS him. We have done a good job at building depth at DL and LB. we need to start at the OL and Secondary. SCAR has two head monster at QB,HB,DE,DB. We have a Monster at QB and every WR. but with our recruitng we could be TOO DEEP and STACK AF

finally

Jul 29, 2013, 10:12 PM

A thread with a compliment....when you can redahirt, you always have more options. Our depth at QB and RB are arguably the best ever. We have had a few marquu players (Ingram Gilmore, Lattimore, Clowney) that people want to emulate very similar to your Sammy, Tahj, and Nukes of the team.

You are right though...SEC money has given us the oppurtunity to build and update like never before. We are now competing against Bama, LSU, and UGA for recruits as opposed to ECU, Kentucky, and Maryland of the past.

The reality is that the better both our schools get, the better our rivalry looks to everyone outside the state. People underestimate the depth of the Clemson/Carolina rivalry.

BreakDown

Jul 29, 2013, 10:19 PM

I agree with you Coot I hate to say it but look at how we stack againist yall this year
QB:Clemson
RB:S.Carolina
WR:Clemson
TE:South Carolina
OL:South Carolina
DL:South Carolina
LB:Clemson
DB:South Carolina
ST:Clemson

Lattimore? Marquee?

Jul 30, 2013, 8:52 AM [ in reply to finally ]

How was limp leg Lattimore a star player? He was in street clothes half of the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jul 30, 2013, 12:38 AM

They also lost a few guys who would have been seniors (like Ace Sanders) because they left for the NFL, that's why they have so few seniors.

Jul 30, 2013, 2:04 AM

They only lost 2 to the NFL that would have been Sr's so that would have given them 6 Sr's. The next closest would be Va. with 9. Thompson threw 2 td's in the Michigan game I believe. I also thought I heard Dabo talking about how young his team was for the past two years. What's was up with that?

Jul 31, 2013, 12:18 PM

> They only lost 2 to the NFL that would have been Sr's
> so that would have given them 6 Sr's. The next
> closest would be Va. with 9. Thompson threw 2 td's in
> the Michigan game I believe. I also thought I heard
> Dabo talking about how young his team was for the
> past two years. What's was up with that?

SC's 2009 class, who would be RS Seniors this year, was stacked with guys who played as freshmen. Gilmore, Swearinger, Holloman, Damario Jeffery, Alshon, etc. It was also stacked with guys who didn't make it into school. Leon Mackey, Chris Payne, Duane Chisholm, Charles Holmes, etc.
It also included quite a few Juco's. And, it was stacked with guys who were not interested in competing for jobs. Jarvis Giles, Ronald Byrd, etc.

Then, you look at the 2010 class: they redshirted all but 3 of those (Lattimore, Shaw and Ronald Patrick). So, you wind up with a good sized junior class and a very small senior class.

4 Seniors? That must be a record.

Jul 30, 2013, 4:08 AM

Of course when half of every class ends up behind bars and 45% get dumped by the HC in lieu of what he thinks are better players, seniors become an endangered species.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4 Seniors? That must be a record.

Jul 30, 2013, 12:43 PM

Neither school has a right to call the other out on Jail Time. We have had just as many go to jail.

Re: 4 Seniors? That must be a record.

Jul 30, 2013, 1:00 PM

False move along little gamecock

null

Read this you ignorant maroon:

Jul 30, 2013, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: 4 Seniors? That must be a record. ]

I'm a donating, card carrying member of Tigernet and a Clemson grad. You can take your cootish feigning of objectivity and shove it where the sun don't shine and I ain't talkin Cootlumbia either.

I can write anything about the coots here I want to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2013, 3:28 PM

In the junior class you have 8-of-16 players that redshirted, two more (Brison Williams & Kelcy Quarles) went to prep school. That means 10-of-16 are heading into their fourth year removed from high school.

Then in the sophomore class you have 15-of-21 players currently that were redshirted. So between the Gamecock junior and sophomore classes the staff has been able to redshirt 23-of-37 players.

I believe that is a pretty impressive statistic.

Jul 30, 2013, 5:22 PM

Another misconception.In 2010 - 2012 recruiting classes CU brought 67 players onto campus and retained 58 players. USC in the same three classes have brought in 68 player and retained 60 with a few leaving early for the NFL. So in the last three years Dabo has lost more players than Spurrier has.

Get a room, coots.

Jul 30, 2013, 5:56 PM

Don't you two have a home website where you can lick each other's mascots without exposing Tiger Fans to the perversion?

Go to the SEC website and cheer for Bama or something.

Jul 30, 2013, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Did not realize SCAR was THIS young compared to others ]

Do you honestly think you are fooling anyone you pathetic piece of chicken crap. At least have the balls to get a Gamecock screen name.

null

Jul 30, 2013, 9:52 PM

I know I'm guilty but if we read this chicken scrawl and not respond there would be no thread for the Colonel Sanders lovers to post on. Quit responding. I'm taking the pledge.

Re: Clowney will be a 3rd year freshman this Fall.***

Jul 31, 2013, 2:03 AM

this thread went downhill fast

Jul 31, 2013, 1:10 PM

Thank you for the first 4 pages....still dont understand what is wrong with showing ablittle courtesy to opposing fans or even your own fans who arent so jaded. Ill never understand, it musy be my USC education.

Re: this thread went downhill fast

Jul 31, 2013, 1:14 PM

Oh I dont know maybe the fact that you sit here and constantly insult and attack Clemson. Go back to FGF no one gives a #### what you have to say.

null

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic