Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Pitt's Narduzzi looking for monsters to be unleashed Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Pitt's Narduzzi looking for monsters to be unleashed Saturday

Nov 8, 2016, 7:01 AM

Pitt's Narduzzi looking for monsters to be unleashed Saturday

Halloween was last week, but Pitt head coach Pat Narduzzi expects to see some monsters unleashed in Death Valley this Saturday. What does he say about Clemson's defensive line, and how can the Panthers begin to compete with teams that recruit like Clemson? Photo by Charles LeClaire / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did he imply that we bought players?***

Nov 8, 2016, 7:28 AM

I took it as a hint to recruits

Nov 8, 2016, 7:55 AM

that he was willing to "pay for play"

Either way, a tacky comment. I didn't hear the line of questioning though, so he might have been led into it. I have been really disappointed with interviewers lately... always trying to stir things up with their questions.

Kinda like, "ooh, he didn't want to answer that... lets ask it 5 times to try and break him..."

he definitely said that *he* would, if he had the money.***

Nov 8, 2016, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Did he imply that we bought players?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Did he imply that we bought players?***

Nov 8, 2016, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Did he imply that we bought players?*** ]

It definitely gives cause for speculation. And btw coach, you say you have played against guys like ours the last two weeks? Hmm I would like someone to read that back to him Saturday night around 7:30, and see how he feels about it then. Beat Pitt!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2016, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Did he imply that we bought players?*** ]

IMO, I took it that he was insinuating that our athletic program had plenty of money to build all the facilities we have that bring in all these great players that we have signing with Clemson, or he could go out and do it the old fashion way and buy players. But understand that I try my best to live my life as if my glass is always half full. A glass half empty has seem to me for those with negative suspicious thoughts and struggles with a low self esteem... Also I would hope that outside of our program people can see the honest to the core Dabo Swinney that Clemson nation witnesses on a daily bases... But we never know what people are keeping secret within their mind of personal thoughts....

Goooo Tigerssss and pound Pitt into the turf of Death Valley!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2016, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Did he imply that we bought players?*** ]

Yep, he sure did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2016, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Did he imply that we bought players?*** ]

No, he wasn't implying anything of the sort. If you watched his presser, you would have seen that he was joking and making a point that you can't just suddenly catch up all at once. The he said it wasn't the right way to catch up anyway.
In fact, he was nothing but complimentary about our program and Dabo. There wasn't anything negative at all. You shouldn't just automatically assume the worst about what coaches say, especially when it is taken out of context.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't be too hard to say he implied we buy players

Nov 8, 2016, 7:32 AM

I don't think that's what he meant but then again he wouldn't be the first person to resent a school like us for getting the players we have

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I don't think that's what he meant either. I think he was

Nov 8, 2016, 7:36 AM

saying that's probably the only way he could 'catch up' in the foreseeable future...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he was implying spending on facilties, I see his point.

Nov 8, 2016, 9:09 AM

It ain't the only reason, but it is a factor.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

And by that I don't mean to call it unfair

Nov 8, 2016, 9:11 AM

It's just one of many differences between all programs.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Re: New Story: Pitt's Narduzzi looking for monsters to be unleashed Saturday

Nov 8, 2016, 8:04 AM

no sympathy for this bozo Saturday. Penn State is down now and he should have a good shot at lots of good Pa players. Maybe he should work a little harder recruiting instead of of poor mouthing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At this moment...

Nov 8, 2016, 8:41 AM

Penn State appears to have a more successful season. It appears that the Big Ten coach of the year is between Jim Harbaugh and James Franklin. And that program is still recovering from sanctions.

Nov 8, 2016, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Pitt's Narduzzi looking for monsters to be unleashed Saturday ]

So much of this is cyclical. I remember when Pitt was on top of the college football world with Tony Dorsett. And they stayed very good for a number of years. Now not so much. Clemson was mediocre in the 90s and early 2000s. Now, we are ruling the ACC roost. If Narduzzi wants to compete, go out and recruit, build up your facilities, teach your players how to play and how to be responsible. Stop crying and screaming like a maniac on the sidelines.

Nov 8, 2016, 9:22 AM

I don't think he was implying that Clemson buys recruits. He meant to compete with us he would need to go out and buy some extra players

Nov 8, 2016, 10:41 AM

Heyyyy, but wouldn't it be great that with Dabo having Clemson at the top of college FB and staying there. That it causes other ACC programs want to get to where we're at. Wouldn't it be great if the ACC was the conference that finally knocks the SEC off their high horse. And knowing that it was Dabo that proved to the ACC that we could win consistently at a high level without cheating, just by doing things the right way. I hope to see just that before my time on this planet is over!!! Go Tigers, keep winning and doing it the right way. Beat Pitt!!!

'...slowly peck at that..." sounds like a ...lol!***

Nov 8, 2016, 9:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel dumber from having read that

Nov 8, 2016, 10:31 AM

Monsters, buying players, Villanova...... ???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David, did you tell that punk...

Nov 8, 2016, 11:25 AM

that if we paid players we wouldn't sit five stars like Cain for the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yankee coach taking cheap shots.

Nov 8, 2016, 12:34 PM

You'll get your monsters on Saturday. They'll be wear orange.

Re: Yankee coach taking cheap shots.

Nov 8, 2016, 2:14 PM

Good grief! Did any of you making these ridiculous comments about him implying we cheat and pay players actually watch his meeting with the news media?!
Just like they do Dabo, the media guys were giving him a ration of $hit about being so far behind Clemson and asking what he was going to do to catch up. He smiled and said, "Well, I guess we could go get some money out of YOUR bank account and buy some players." He was laughing and obviously joking. Then, he said that would be the wrong way to do it. He went on to talk about how you couldn't possibly catch up overnight and they would have to chip away by recruiting better players every year, until they could get on equal footing.
He was extremely complimentary about us, Clemson, Dabo, and the coaching staff. He even made the comment about our second string defensive line being better than the first string on all the other teams in the ACC.
Some people on here definitely need to chill!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yankee coach taking cheap shots.

Nov 8, 2016, 6:05 PM

You are exactly right, there is no disputing that point. I just like saying Yankee coach, and will always comment against teams north of the South Carolina boarder.

Michigan is a good example.

Are we on Upset Alert yet?

Nov 8, 2016, 12:36 PM

LOL!

Re: Are we on Upset Alert yet?

Nov 8, 2016, 3:26 PM

JayDyches, have we ever not been on upset alert according to ESECPN!!!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic