Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did anyone watch the P & D show this morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Did anyone watch the P & D show this morning

Feb 27, 2020, 11:55 AM

And see the article about Clemson and the early black leaders at Clemson.? A very moving story that should make us all proud.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did anyone watch the P & D show this morning

Feb 27, 2020, 12:02 PM

It was an incredible piece--brought down the confetti. For those who didn't see it: https://twitter.com/accnetwork/status/1233072031022899201

Message was edited by: TigerzzRoar®

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 27, 2020, 12:19 PM

I watched the show this morning and I was impressed with the way it was put together. The one thing was that when these young men needed to obtain a ride to KJK's funeral, they went to Dean Cox and were helped. There was no indication of hesitation from the men they talked to and that sh
owed the way Dean Cox operated. He maintained the same manner even when you were on the not so good news side of things, I know because I was at one time.

Feb 27, 2020, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Did anyone watch the P & D show this morning ]

Thanks for the help with that Razz.

That’s why we are what we are and why tomorrow will be even greater for Clemson U!

Support Clemson. It pays great dividends.

Feb 27, 2020, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Did anyone watch the P & D show this morning ]

Simply awesome, and with all the negatives that the coots slur toward Clemson University, they still try to hide or deny that past early years of usuc was built with slave labor!!!

Clemson became a Great University bc of the character of the great men and women that worked hard for most of their lives at making Clemson great for all people attending Clemson University!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, this makes me proud of my university

Feb 27, 2020, 5:20 PM

Kinda tarnishes the coots whole “Clemson is rassist” narrative

We didn’t need to change the name on a building to do the right thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Did anyone watch the P & D show this morning ]

This is so wonderful!! I went to Twitter but don't see anyway to share this on Facebook
:(

Feb 27, 2020, 3:39 PM

Thank you for the information and for the post.
That was awesome!!! As a Clemson graduate, I am so proud that our university helped these black students when most of the south was doing exactly the opposite. I was only 6 when he was killed, but I remember watching on TV with my parents. That was tragic for the entire nation.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Feb 27, 2020, 7:26 AM

I didn't watch much of P&D but was lucky to see that impressive segment. Also enjoyed seeing the epilogue detailing what they accomplished afterward. Very distinguished Clemson men.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Feb 27, 2020, 6:26 PM

What is the P & D Show? Where and when does it come on?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 6:35 PM

Every weekday morning 7 to 10 and a replay from 10 to 1. ACC network. Regardless of what some may say it’s a great show and network!

here you go, I uploaded to youtube... now you can easily find/share.

Feb 27, 2020, 6:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3gopXMhIwM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Thanks Moo!***

Feb 27, 2020, 10:00 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 6:54 PM

I was there then and did not know about this. Kinda makes me all misty. Even more proud to be a Tiger.There was a memorial service in Tillman Hall's auditorium mostly for African-American university employees. Not many students, white or black. I'd expected a bigger turnout and didn't see anybody I knew, so I sat way back in the back by myself, one of the few white students there. There were riots popping up in several cities, including Columbia. I almost got caught in one there, driving my future spouse back to her dorm at USuC the following weekend. Pretty bush as riots went, I heard later, but still some rock-throwing and such. Nothing like that happened at Clemson. We were kind of stunned, but the school stayed calm. I had some run-ins with Dean Cox, being young and stupid, but the older I get the more I appreciate his leadership.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic