Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did an okie state player just opt out mid-game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Did an okie state player just opt out mid-game?

Dec 29, 2020, 8:23 PM

Wasn’t paying attention for a second, but thought I heard them saying that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep***

Dec 29, 2020, 8:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Did an okie state player just opt out mid-game?

Dec 29, 2020, 8:26 PM

The announcers said it was a player's decision. That's a new one....2020.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2020, 8:28 PM

Only in 2020...deer lowered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Yep, a WR(I think) is out as a "player decision"***

Dec 29, 2020, 8:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, a WR(I think) is out as a "player decision"***

Dec 29, 2020, 8:30 PM

Coach: OK son, get out of the uniform - and start looking for a ride back to school, or wherever it is that you are thinking about going next.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surely Greyhound or Amtrak goes to Stillwater, right?

Dec 29, 2020, 9:46 PM

He sure wouldn’t be on MY team bus/flight

Re: Yep, a WR(I think) is out as a "player decision"***

Dec 29, 2020, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep, a WR(I think) is out as a "player decision"*** ]

Probably not a good idea for him to get in a car or on a plane either because there is risk in that too, Maybe he can just hide behind the goal post at the stadium until the NFL calls.

Dec 29, 2020, 8:48 PM

In my book it’s call quitting. The University that got them there should fine these coward losers.

Makes me sick they call it “opting out...”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2020, 9:10 PM

So, he came to play, then opted out...? He loves his team and the game, and then he doesn't? Apparently the first thing an NFL team looks for when drafting a player. mmm...

Not the Tiger way... GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 29, 2020, 9:50 PM

He quit on his team in the middle of the game. If I'm An NFL gm I wouldn't have any interest in the guy.

Dec 29, 2020, 10:38 PM

Business is business, I’m sure in their eyes.

Here’s his moment though, as a hero to children and his family (maybe) and this is the legacy he leaves?

Call me old fashion, fuddy, stubborn, but ####, earn your way and respect the opportunity you were GIVEN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clowney opted ot of a whole game years ago when the Old

Dec 30, 2020, 11:57 AM

Ball Sac was still coaching at Cootlumbia. He said he wasn't ready, had a tummy injury. Pro teams should have been warned, and yet they still gave him big money. The Titans are the latest victim, $13 Million for 8 games, and then the inevitable injury ended his season. Who will be the next SUCKAS?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He Quit. Period

Dec 30, 2020, 12:20 PM

On another thread I posted my thoughts on why it's not a good idea to "opt out"! Then the D'eriq King injury happened.
They speculate seeing the King injury influenced this kid into opting out. The thing is - as I said and the King injury didn't change my mind - he got injured it appeared to me on "the cut"!

Well, when your getting ready for the combine, are you not cutting? Are you not running? You may not have someone going at or near your knee but if you look at when the injury happened - the defender didn't get a good piece of King. Not at all - King was trying to avoid the hit.

King will be back and lead that team.

I wouldn't touch this kid with a 200 ft. pole if I was a NFL GM. "He Quit" when the going got tough, period.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had a player get injured AT the NFL combine a few years

Dec 30, 2020, 1:49 PM

ago. If the Higher Power says it's your time to get injured, you ain't going to override that decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's totally fine

Dec 30, 2020, 12:23 PM

just opt out of the 1 year schollie next year - give it to someone else

null

Dec 30, 2020, 12:56 PM

Take it easy on the kid. The coaches said they were going to take him out early anyway to protect him. Sounds like the injury to King made them take him out at the half rather than later in the game. It was a coaches/player decision and sounds like everyone was on board.

At least he made the effort to be part of the bowl with his team unlike others.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic