Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Tommy Bowden really pick LSU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Did Tommy Bowden really pick LSU?

Jan 13, 2020, 11:29 AM

I just made the effort to watch the clip. All 6 seconds of it. He doesn't pick LSU in the video clip.

People askme since you coached at Clemson, who do you like? I KNOW ALL ABOUT LSU..." and the clip ends. Now, maybe I'm off here, but that clip does not show him PICKING LSU.

Ok, now where did the video come from? Oh, some guy named Ed Daniels who is the sports director at some NO TV station.

https://wgno.com/2020/01/10/ex-clemson-coach-bowden-he-picks-lsu-in-title-game/

Now maybe Bowden DID pick them, but I'm not buying it from the article, or the clip.

It's sloppy journalism either way. I need more sources.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy who?

Jan 13, 2020, 11:37 AM

??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I know. But I saw the post on TigerNet. Assumed it

Jan 13, 2020, 11:41 AM

was legit. Then I watched the clip. Jaw dropped. Then went to the source. Again, same SHORT clip. Again no confirmation he picked LSU. The writer didn't even quote him, and only said he picked LSU in a narrative. Then the video was labeled clearly to indicate it was Bowden PICKING LSU. HE DID NOT. So as it stands I'm not buying it. That's crap journalism right there, and I'm kinda shocked Tnet posted it without some verification.

Maybe they did, but Tnet needs to confirm where (OTHER than the NO website and a fake clip) they heard it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy who?

Jan 13, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Tommy who? ]

when you become a Clemson black sheep you best move on. He should have learned from Danny Ford, whose fleece became whiter than snow when he departed but never left.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Tommy Bowden really pick LSU?

Jan 13, 2020, 11:37 AM

I dont really know or care. It isnt relevant to the task at hand

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's relevant to this website's credibility***

Jan 13, 2020, 11:42 AM

Re: It's relevant to this website's credibility- what would

Jan 13, 2020, 12:07 PM

a coach who struggled with beating Wake routinely know about beating LSu anyway?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he did, we need to fire him again. ***

Jan 13, 2020, 12:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic