Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did The Great Talent Make "The Chad" Discussion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Did The Great Talent Make "The Chad" Discussion

Nov 16, 2014, 8:38 AM

I am feeling a little reflective this morning. I am not as upset as I would have been last year because I told my friends if Watson didn't plat GT would hammer us.....and they did. In short my expectations have been lowered weeks ago.

Everyone (including me) have gone through the 24 hour or so decompression of the GT loss. Now it is time for Q&A...

What I see mainly is a QB that is just not that good being forced to continue running a system he cannot handle. He just doesn't have the chops for it. We have seen enough games now to comfortably make that assessment. It is not Cole's Fault that he isn't that good. That is his God-Given Skill set....It seems to me that he would be better off bringing 2 TE's in, moving to a pro-set under center and play field position and maybe a few play action passes and run the clock down....That is they type of QB Stoudt seems to be.....and CHAD isn't seeing that.

When Chad came on board, he inherited a cornucopia of crazy-talented offensive players. All Chad had to do is "Drive the Car" as Dabo likes to say. He had a QB tough as nails with a quick release and NFL talented TE's, WR's and Running backs to play pitch and catch with.....Venables has had the harder job of developing talent.

I am starting to look at Chad Morris like Kevin Steele....In my Opinion, Steele was a great DC with established and experienced talent. All he had to do his dial up a good scheme and the very good defensive players did a great job....Where he failed was in his inability to develop young talent to replace those lost to graduation.......I am now seeing that in Chad.

I think Venable is the proven real deal as he has had to build a defense from scratch whereas Chad maybe on the opposite side....

Just thinking out loud....Not really complaining....just putting some thoughts down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Did The Great Talent Make "The Chad" Discussion

Nov 16, 2014, 8:51 AM

I live in Alabama, so I see the Auburn stuff. They are saying the same things and they went to the NC game last year....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do not do what AU does. AU is committed to something

Nov 16, 2014, 9:01 AM

and Gus doesn't get spastic.

Marshall is a difference in the run game, but they utilize their backs more than we do. They also run it down your throat, whereas we rely on deception and misdirection, even up front, to run the ball.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Nov 16, 2014, 8:58 AM

Agree with you 100% about the offense, but "that's not what we do."

I think the bigger question is how did we lose to SCjr with

Nov 16, 2014, 8:59 AM

Boyd, Bryant, Nuk, Sammy, Ellington, Allen, on offense...how is that possible?

yes

Nov 16, 2014, 9:02 AM

1-7 vs FSU and SCU

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I think the bigger question is how did we lose to SCjr with

Nov 16, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to I think the bigger question is how did we lose to SCjr with ]

Mediocre to poor Olines have been our curse, and contimue you to be.on
l. This is why we, or at least used to, score at will on average teams and struggle against more talented fronts.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the bigger question is how did we lose to SCjr with

Nov 16, 2014, 9:38 AM [ in reply to I think the bigger question is how did we lose to SCjr with ]

The key to beating Clemson is ball control and keeping Boyd, Watson, whoever on the sidelines. The fewer touches Boyd had, the more he pressed. Then, more turnovers and mistakes. Also, CM has to be the worst at making halftime or game adjustments. Even when something is working, he stops doing it to try a trick play or bubble screen. (example Watkins pass last year on opening drive that was intercepted when CU was running the ball down their throats). My wife and I have Clemson & SC or SCjr tickets and I see a lot of both. Thanks for letting me give my opinion. I also think Spurrrier being a dumbest cost SC at least 3 games this year when he quit running the ball & started throwing. However, in OT yesterday he didn't throw a single pass.

Simple Answer

Nov 16, 2014, 10:43 AM [ in reply to I think the bigger question is how did we lose to SCjr with ]

We turned the ball over a lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 9:13 AM

I think a valid criticism can be made regarding Chad not changing what he does to suit the changing talent. 'We do what we do' is a legitimate response as far as it goes, but while you might want to base your entire offense around a running QB, to do so with one that does not have that strength and an injured shoulder to boot? Great coaches alter their system to take advantage of what their players CAN do, at least until they can get player that CAN do what they want, and Morris just doesn't seem to do that.

But my issues got two or so levels deeper than just Morris. I am curious why we have changed literally every position on our staff, but keep the same S&C coach (especially with all the injuries over the years, the guys who do go pro being evaluated as lacking strength, and our offensive line not being able to move guys in short yardage in what, 20 years?)? Why did we give Dabo more guaranteed money than Saban, when no one was coming after him, thus locking us into having him for at least 4 more years? How do you have a program, which fancies itself a contender, so reliant on a freshman, to the point where half of the team flatly doesn't work if he's not in there? Add in the hubris from earlier in the year, Cole gives us the best chance no we're not putting in Watson/ok Watson has to go in/oh you can't expect much from this offense because we lost Watson... and there are some systemic issues which go way deeper than this particular game.

I wonder how the BOT feels about that this morning, because that interview going into halftime he looked like he had no answers. And you promised him what, 27 million total? If someone has done a really good in-depth interview with them/the AD which explains this I haven't seen it, and would love to.

Any HS coach would have looked like John Heisman

Nov 16, 2014, 9:17 AM

If they had as much NFL talent as we gift wrapped Morris. Im now starting to think he under achieved

SO am I***

Nov 16, 2014, 10:40 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic