Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Tajh hurt his draft stock by staying?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Did Tajh hurt his draft stock by staying?

Apr 3, 2014, 10:12 AM

Last year's QB class was not that great. Tajh would be projected higher than he is now. He is now projected as the 14th best QB in the class behind Savage, Smith, Fales, Thomas, and Shaw.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link? Last I saw he was much higher up***

Apr 3, 2014, 10:13 AM

Re: Link? Last I saw he was much higher up***

Apr 3, 2014, 10:15 AM

Sorry

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB

Wow! I didn't know CBS can predict the future!

Apr 3, 2014, 11:07 AM

This is great, think they can tell us who will win the championship next year? That way I don't have to bother watching. TIA in advance

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow! I didn't know CBS can predict the future!

Apr 3, 2014, 11:56 AM

That is why it is called a "porjection"

Re: Wow! I didn't know CBS can predict the future!

Apr 3, 2014, 11:57 AM

projection

Logan Thomas is ahead of him?? That's a joke.***

Apr 3, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Link? Last I saw he was much higher up*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I don't know. Did he get other benefits by staying?***

Apr 3, 2014, 10:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If by other benefits you mean

Apr 3, 2014, 10:29 AM

envelopes with a lot of small unmarked presidents, then no comment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Did clowney hurt his draft stock by sort of playing another

Apr 3, 2014, 10:22 AM

year ?

Re: Did clowney hurt his draft stock by sort of playing another

Apr 3, 2014, 11:54 AM

Not according to the projections.

Re: Did Tajh hurt his draft stock by staying?

Apr 3, 2014, 10:31 AM

I will be very surprised if he goes behind the guys you listed. Maybe Thomas but he is really tall. Anyway I think it is possible he dropped a little but he was never going to be a super high pick. The press can report what ever they want but at the end of the day the scouts know what they are looking for. If Boyd declares last season he would have gone through the same process with the same criticisms. I expect him to go 4-5th round possibly early depending on how early QBs start to come off the board and if one team picks him out. If you don't think he is killing it in the interviews you haven't been watching him at Clemson. He may not ever be a franchise player but he could be one of the best back up QBs in the league if he finds the right fit.

null

One of your points is so often overlooked

Apr 3, 2014, 10:43 AM

The hindsight view that Tajh was projected high last year is really rather revisionist and misses the point that the same things that scouts say hold him back now would've all been issues last year when Tajh went through the combine/pro-day.

I don't think any rational person can say his performance over the last year dropped his draft stock. Are there more QB's in this draft? Perhaps, but in the end Tajh was ALWAYS going to be a QB who would have to play his way into a position at the next level.

I think he will, and I think this season did nothing to harm that at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple answer. Yes - big time. Was 2nd round after LSU win

Apr 3, 2014, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Tajh hurt his draft stock by staying? ]

But now Tajh has his degree and will also benefit from being a 4th or 5th round "value" pick. Two or three yrs on the bench and he will get his chance. He has a live arm and just needs to demonstrate solid decision making. Certainly Russell Wilson's success works in his favor.

I believe Tajh has a better pro career ahead of him than Clipboard Charlie who never elevated to starter level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2014, 10:45 AM

I take it the joke is that he's behind shaw? Because last time I checked, Shaw can't throw.

Apr 3, 2014, 11:59 AM

What do you mean? Like, he side-arms? Or can't throw for 60 yds in the air? Or only locks in on one receiver? What do you mean, can't throw?

He probably didn't - didn't show in the FSU......

Apr 3, 2014, 10:51 AM

game, for example, what the pro people were looking for according to what I've read - didn't have the senior season they felt he should have.

I hope he can get with a team that WANTS to develop him as I think he has it in him with the right coaching, etc. - sure do want to see him succeed.

Seriously though

Apr 3, 2014, 11:08 AM

That list doesn't mean chit. Anybody who actually believes Brett Smith will be drafted ahead of Tajh is out of their mind. Scram, coot!

Tajh-- was a mid round 3-5 last year based on his draft

Apr 3, 2014, 11:17 AM

grade(despite what the Coot Revisionists say)--maybe he goes higher because lack of QBs- but his tryout performances would have probably sank any hope of that. He should have come back based on his paperwork. In the end, he may not have improved his draft position but he didn't lose anything. Given he had to make the decision by 1/15 last year and not in April, he absolutely did the right thing.

Apr 3, 2014, 12:09 PM

Tajh started dropping after the combine. He would have had to go through the combine last year and most likely had the same results. The question on the dept for this class being deeper is the only thing that would change that. He is what he is but better the numbers of better talent is what hurt him. It's a crap shoot either way.....

Apr 3, 2014, 1:01 PM

hey moronec, maybe you better stick to getting the clown man drafted. tajh has been on a steady uptick since the combine. he has worked very hard, has a great attitude, is willing to learn and is a natural leader. just wondering, which of those qualities does the clown man possess.

Apr 3, 2014, 4:04 PM

You're kidding, right? He is listed as the #14 QB in the draft according to CBS sports

Apr 3, 2014, 5:02 PM

So that is the only draft projection out there huh? I already posted an article on here today that says Boyd is Norv Turner's favorite. Actually the article is a little misleading. They concede that Minnesota won't be able to get Bortles or Manziel and that Boyd is the favorite after that. Far from #14.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Wyoming QB above Tajh

Apr 3, 2014, 12:14 PM

They are pulling in elite talent at this point! We need to start our game plan right now for our 2021 meeting!

Apr 3, 2014, 4:58 PM

fwiw: I consider Tebow a much better QB that could will his team to a win or NC, and was a better QB than Boyd. I don't see Boyd making it in the NFL. I would recommend Canada if he seriously wants to play football.

Apr 3, 2014, 10:56 PM

Does a frog have a watertight a$$?

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic