Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Saban let cat out of the bag?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,786

Did Saban let cat out of the bag?

Jan 5, 2017, 2:15 AM

Bo Scarborough I think was Saban's secret weapon that He wanted to use on the Tiger's. However, with the distraction of Lane Kiffin, Saban calls the plays- Power Run. Saban says " He's got the hot hand now". I hadn't seen a lot of Scarborough this year because Jalen hurts was able to throw a little more against a very weak SEC conference. His throws were not against NFL corners like Tankersley and He hasn't played a line backing core as quick as Clemson either. By the way, LSU is not quick, Big, talented, but not quick- at least upfront. SO, We all know what that means, the potential for a Derek Henry part 2 if Clemson doesn't play double coverage on Scarborough. With the remembrance of the FL State Game, we know what a thrasher like Cook or Scarborough can do. I'm seeing this through orange tinted glasses, just the fact. I will say this though, if Venables has a playbook in mind for Alabama similar to what he designed for Ohio State, then the Tiger's should be in good shape to stop the Running QB and Bo Scarborough. I realize that this is more of a " north to south " kind of runner, but so was Cook, however Cook could reach the edges quicker. Scarborough will be a load - right down the middle.

If Clemson can successfully limit and/or stop Scarborough's runs, while still rushing only 4 to get to Hurts, then Alabama is in for a long night. Call me optimistic, but I also said that Clemson game wouldn't be as close as many thought against OSU. Many of you sensed that also, just like you sense the need to " Stuff " Scarborough and live in Alabama's backfield making hurts turn the ball over. Clemson D can have their game of touchdowns too. There is a lot to look forward to you if are a long-time Tiger fan, on Monday night and in years to come.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Saban let cat out of the bag?

Jan 5, 2017, 3:29 AM

While Washington's D is noted as being successful they are not as talented or seasoned as Clemson in the front 7.

Also, I am pretty sure Washington had lost their best LB and leading tackler for the season right before their game against Southern Cal. Plus, they do not have Brent Venables for their DC.

Washington had a good season, but they truly are a few years away. Clemson is not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2017, 6:05 AM

No doubt they will be run first , and second . They are going to try to shorten this game because as much as the talking heads and the trailer park SEC crowd like to crow about Alabama's defense ...our offensive skill set and our style of play is a huge problem for it .
So yeah , Saban most likely will want to run it 60% of the time .
Good luck with that , because I know we have a front 7 that can get it done .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 5, 2017, 6:16 AM

CW can answer that question when he checks saban's bag. Don't think he can go four deep this time.

Jan 5, 2017, 7:00 AM

Not sure if our secondary is good enough to boast about. If our secondary has to win the game for us we in trouble. I think Clemson wins big at the line of scrimmage.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2017, 7:16 AM

Scarborough can't carry Dalvins jock

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2017, 10:01 AM

Not in the top speed department but he does have a much better sidestep and back to North/South (better than Henry) and is more powerful than Cook.

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,786
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic