Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Jameis Winston being at Florida State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Did Jameis Winston being at Florida State

Jan 14, 2016, 8:58 PM

Cause DW4 to come to Clemson instead of Florida state? I mean considering the Warrick Dunn connection to one of the formative moments of his childhood when his family got their habitat for humanity house, I would think maybe he would have been a big fsu fan and may have chosen them if he wouldn't have been stuck behind Winston his entire freshman year. Anyone know exactly why he chose Clemson?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida State didn't run his kind of offense***

Jan 14, 2016, 9:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fairly well documented that DW4 came to...

Jan 14, 2016, 9:32 PM

...CU due to relationship with Chad and an offensive scheme that mirrored that of his HS. He was coming here no matter of Winston.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Fairly well documented that DW4 came to...

Jan 14, 2016, 9:34 PM

Didn't Dabo literally give DW4s highschool coach the blueprints to the Clemson offense?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Did he ever consider FSU?

Jan 14, 2016, 9:40 PM

I thought it was us or Allbarn. Plus Winston and Watson could not be more different in personality. Winston loves him some attention, Watson couldn't care any less. Watson didn't even try to promote himself as a Heisman contender to not be a distraction to the team.

Re: Did he ever consider FSU?

Jan 14, 2016, 9:47 PM

Pretty sure it was Dabo. I'm 99% positive the HS coach was a buddy of dabos from the Alabama team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yes, no question that Dabo's prior relationship...

Jan 14, 2016, 9:58 PM

...with his HS coach got it started. No doubt about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

moab! you guys might be thinking about the coach at

Jan 14, 2016, 10:28 PM

grayson[carter, gallman, schuessler, kamara & the one that will not be named], mickey conn[?]. he was dabo's teammate at bama.

one of the gainesville asst. coaches is a clemson fan, but i'm not sure of the hc's background.

i don't have time to look now, but there was a recent[maybe hood] article where deshaun said he chose clemson because of the man that is coach swinney.

coach morris and deshaun are great friends from everything they've both said and has been reported, but in part the shared bond with swinney[both had fathers that 'left' the family] is what he mentioned.

glad he's a tiger.

Re: moab! you guys might be thinking about the coach at

Jan 14, 2016, 10:31 PM

I think you're right actually.

null

Re: Fairly well documented that DW4 came to...

Jan 14, 2016, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Fairly well documented that DW4 came to... ]

He also wanted to stay really close to home because of his mothers condition. That meant, Clemson, gawga or gawga tech. Clemson was the only school with a spread offense. Chad and Dabo sealed the deal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Jameis Winston being at Florida State

Jan 14, 2016, 9:33 PM

Dabo is friends with DW4 high school coach. And Chad Morris started recruiting DW4 when he was a 9th grader. Clemson got lucky and worked hard to land him.

null

Jan 14, 2016, 10:32 PM

Watson was committed to us before Winston even stepped foot on the FSU campus

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 14, 2016, 11:23 PM

It's a well documented story why he chose Clemson. Chad Morris, when he was here, started recruiting Clemson all the way back when he was in 9th grade. Morris and Watson developed a strong relationship while his mother was in and out of treatment for tounge cancer. Its was this Clemson presence during the hard times that led Watson to choose Clemson. Winston had nothing to do with it.

Jan 14, 2016, 11:24 PM

*started recruiting Watson... Ooops XD

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic