Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Projected Covid deaths were 1-2 million....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Projected Covid deaths were 1-2 million....

Sep 21, 2020, 1:02 PM

and we’ve only had a fraction of that. Seems like you Democrats should be praising Trump and his administration instead of attempting to use those American’s lives as a political tool.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Projected Covid deaths were 1-2 million....

Sep 21, 2020, 1:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

go back and look at the data...

Sep 21, 2020, 1:03 PM

nobody would have died if Trump had done his job

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus he caused the wildfires and hurricanes.

Sep 21, 2020, 1:12 PM

I think he's engineering some earthquakes as we speak. Also, I've had two heart surgeries under Trump. Never needed a single one under Obama. He's sneaky.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He's working hard on stocks today.***

Sep 21, 2020, 1:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you making that up?***

Sep 22, 2020, 7:42 AM [ in reply to go back and look at the data... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2020, 3:02 PM

Sadly 200 Americans have died.

Sep 21, 2020, 3:03 PM

Sadly 200 Americans have died.

No...the models I saw back in April showed 200K.

Sep 21, 2020, 3:12 PM

Only way there would have been a million + deaths is if we followed Trump's Hurd Immunity plan.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those numbers have been updated since then

Sep 21, 2020, 3:34 PM

I saw a Joe Biden quote from an interview that it has risen to 200 BILLION now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and then he quickly corrected himself....people mispeak.

Sep 21, 2020, 5:09 PM

Your orange boy does all the time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

962k worldwide

Sep 21, 2020, 3:34 PM

We are right on track.

200k dead americans.

Unless hoax, they were going to die anyways, etc. theories.

Re: 962k worldwide

Sep 21, 2020, 4:30 PM

1-2 million was the projection for America.

By who?***

Sep 21, 2020, 4:31 PM

Re: By who?***

Sep 21, 2020, 4:34 PM

Fauci and the liberal media’s worst case scenario was 1-2 millIon deaths in the US. The death rate is also much lower than anticipated.

4% of the worlds population and 20% plus of Covid deaths. How is that the US doing well?***

Sep 21, 2020, 7:37 PM

Highlights that we are a

Sep 21, 2020, 8:00 PM

very unhealthy population, which is also aging. I wish we would spend more time focusing on teaching people the benefits of vitamins, especially the importance of Vitamin D. Stop eating like #### and taking care of your body.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that is a big part of why

Sep 21, 2020, 8:14 PM

The US is one of the fattest countries in the world. We are also very independent and have a very decentralized government. All very fair points.

But I also think that Trump does deserve some responsibility. He should’ve emphasized wearing a mask more than he has. Especially since April when the health professionals finally came clean and all they agreed that masks should be worn. I think it’s impossible to defend him having rallies with no mask and no social distancing.

However, I certainly concede that Trump is only a part of the problem. In fact, he’s not even the most important factor at all in our poor response to the virus. But I will never agree that the US has done well relative to other countries on coronavirus. Especially when you consider we are the wealthiest country on earth. Hopefully going forward looking back on this pandemic Americans will realize we need to become healthier. I do think that’s the biggest reason for our poor comparison to other countries.

Re: 4% of the worlds population and 20% plus of Covid deaths. How is that the US doing well?***

Sep 22, 2020, 6:51 AM [ in reply to 4% of the worlds population and 20% plus of Covid deaths. How is that the US doing well?*** ]

Lots of international travel and more testing. Looks like we’re doing pretty good compared to a lot of other countries.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/international-comparison

Re: 962k worldwide

Sep 21, 2020, 10:50 PM [ in reply to 962k worldwide ]

The real problem is China not Trump. They knew what the virus was and shut down all flights inside of China but let people fly to other parts of the world. That is on China. The WHO said it was not contagious early on so it was able to spread outside of china. They knew the virus was contagious back in October. The blame is on China and the WHO. Trump shut down flights from China but did not know it was already wide spread in Europe until it was too late. While China was saying the virus was harmless. They were buying up the world's supply of PPE. Its all on China.

Reverse the roles. What would Trump do?***

Sep 21, 2020, 5:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buddy that’s Rich!***

Sep 21, 2020, 10:39 PM

#landfill

Sep 21, 2020, 10:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I’m assuming this is a joke post? Because those #s were if we

Sep 22, 2020, 7:10 AM

didn’t do anything like shut down, social distance, or wear masks. Which, since we are doing those things, the numbers are lower. I really hope this was a joke post and you aren’t that stupid.

Re: I’m assuming this is a joke post? Because those #s were if we

Sep 22, 2020, 7:28 AM

So a lot more people would have died if we didn’t do anything, but we did something, but it’s still trumps fault for not doing anything.

This is why people call y’all libtards.

I'm not a liberal and I think it's a reasonable position...

Sep 22, 2020, 7:43 AM

to say Trump could have done a much better job.

You know it isn't nearly as simple as you phrased it.

All of the deaths aren't Trump's fault. Anyone who says that is crazy. However, I firmly believe that lives could have been saved had there been a better coordinated federal response and a better working relationship between the federal governments and the state/local governments. Trump didn't/doesn't have the power to shut-down much of anything or require social distancing or require masks. But he sure as HE!! didn't help matters by actively going against such measures and state/local leaders who pushed for them.

It's clear he sought to downplay the risks and as a result, he emboldened a good % of the populace to actively resist efforts to limit the spread of the virus. He sowed and fed those doubts and ultimately turned spread mitigation into a deeply divided political issue. It is my contention that he did all of this, not out of wanting to good for the country, but rather, wanting to do good for himself and his political position. He put not wanting to spook the markets above people's health and safety. And I say that as someone who personally believes/believed that many of the shutdown efforts were over-reactions...in large part created by the void in national leadership.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not a liberal and I think it's a reasonable position...

Sep 22, 2020, 8:04 AM

He started shutting the country down when there were only a handful of cases and was called racist by democrat leaders who were parading around in the streets maskless.

His downplaying of the seriousness of the disease was spot on. The numbers have proven that it’s nowhere near as infectious or deadly as the media was portraying it.

No he didn't...he doesn't have the power to...

Sep 22, 2020, 8:30 AM

"shut down the country".

His one proactive action was to stop inbound flights from China (which was the right thing to do). The critics of that move look stupid in retrospect. Give me some examples of how "He started shutting the country down when there were only a handful of cases" please.

"His downplaying of the seriousness of the disease was spot on. The numbers have proven that it’s nowhere near as infectious or deadly as the media was portraying it."

That has to be a joke. The issue is he believed it was deadly and in spite of that he downplayed the risk. You get that, right? He did not himself actually believe what he was saying.

Re: No he didn't...he doesn't have the power to...

Sep 22, 2020, 8:54 AM

Ok now you’re playing semantics. Point is Trump started taking preventive measures from the very beginning. He downplayed the risk just like every other American without an agenda and was right. But you’ve still got democrats saying “he has blood on his hands”.

Sorry, but that is simply BS...

Sep 22, 2020, 9:14 AM

Trump took ONE preventative measure from the beginning, which is why he mentions it so much. The federal response and coordination was a complete CF.

"He downplayed the risk just like every other American without an agenda" Seriously...wt f are you talking about. HE was the one with an agenda...to not spook the markets. Sure, I'll give you that he takes a lot of shots from the left and the media that are overboard, but this isn't one of them IMO.

Did you listen to the Woodward tapes? He KNEW the virus was more serious than he was letting on. It was total dereliction of duty on his part. There just isn't other reasonable way to spin it.

Re: Sorry, but that is simply BS...

Sep 22, 2020, 11:56 AM

I’ll just thank God he was president and not a Democrat like Hillary Clinton. Not only would there be more deaths but the economy would be utterly destroyed.

* and now we know you're out of material ****

Sep 22, 2020, 12:59 PM

You always start with "I am not a liberal"***

Sep 22, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to I'm not a liberal and I think it's a reasonable position... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because there are many on here who assume that...

Sep 22, 2020, 8:27 AM

anyone that disagrees with President Trump is a "libtard". I like to save them the keystrokes and sounding like an idiot.

Re: Because there are many on here who assume that...

Sep 22, 2020, 8:56 AM

No but the vast majority of democrats use every opportunity to win a political battle over Trump. It’s disgusting and a slap in the face to the families of those who have lost someone to Covid.

Have you not realized yet that anything

Sep 22, 2020, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Because there are many on here who assume that... ]

anybody says negative about any part of government MUST BE directed at the libtards because Trump never does anything wrong and anybody who says otherwise is a libtard and doesn't have a single IQ point because Trump is the best and brightest and any thing contrary to that would shatter my fragile ego that I have wrapped up in the Trump persona because I fell for a reality TV star who has now been elevated to the level of God in my life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Have you not realized yet that anything

Sep 22, 2020, 12:15 PM

The logical and decent thing to do during a pandemic of this magnitude would be to offer our leaders a little bit of grace, but of course the liberal media and even worse democratic leaders are making it political. New York is a zoo thanks to their governor who wants to deflect everything on Trump. We've seen in other democrat run states no better control over the virus than in Republican ones, but that doesn't stop them from pushing the narrative that the Trump administration is brainwashing them into opening the economy and costing lives. I've always been pretty neutral, but I'm convinced after the last few months with this virus and all the social justice stuff that we are in a world of trouble if democrats gain control.

Um what?

Sep 22, 2020, 1:04 PM

when 200k people dies we should hold the leadership even more accountable. During a time like this real leaders step up and take the reigns. Trump cut the legs out from under the very people qualified to handle this then told to states to figure it out themselves and went back to watching how great he is on Fox News.

Govenor of New York is also a fugging idiot and completely in to blame for the amount of deaths there because he sent covid positive patients back to nursing homes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Um what?

Sep 22, 2020, 1:15 PM

So in a nut shell you think Trump and the governor of NY should have known then what we all know now ? Pretty easy to point fingers and say you should have done this or that after the fact. Maybe then need a crystal ball to make better decisions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We knew the virus was deadly especially to the elderly

Sep 22, 2020, 1:23 PM

we knew it was airborne. All of this we knew in February. Trump said so himself in the Woodward interview.

Re: We knew the virus was deadly especially to the elderly

Sep 22, 2020, 1:39 PM

We have know the flu and Colds are airborne for 50 plus years. What does that have to do with it ? Blaming Trump for the virus spreading through America is plain idiotic. Trump is by no means perfect buy if you think Biden would have done better you are just plain lost. Dumbfounds me why people think a man with early stages of dementia will run this country and keep us out of war better.

Did I say anything about Biden?***

Sep 22, 2020, 1:47 PM

Re: Did I say anything about Biden?***

Sep 22, 2020, 2:00 PM

Nope , I did .

Sep 22, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Um what? ]

If your team is projected to go 2-8 and you finish the season 6-4 and make the playoffs does the coaching staff deserve praise or to be nit picked by the arm chair QB’s for the games you lost?

Sep 22, 2020, 3:34 PM

Did the team have some key injuries that could not be Predicted? I would not blame the coach and think he should have been able to look into the future to make prior adjustments.

WRONG and your analogy is backwards (and silly)....

Sep 22, 2020, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Um what? ]

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-downplaying-deaths-claimed-us-100000-milestone/story?id=70888441

Trump says the initial low-end estimates were 100k deaths and he was predicting 40k-60k deaths.

So, now we're over 200k deaths....how does your faulty analogy hold up???

And let's be clear, I think laying all the deaths on Trump is wrong. But laying a good bit of blame on federal response, coordination, and ####-backwards rhetoric is!

Re: WRONG and your analogy is backwards (and silly)....

Sep 22, 2020, 4:24 PM

Yes in early May 95 % of mankind would have thought the death toll would have been less . Did you predict 200k in Early May ? Should Trump have know in May that the numbers would get so skewered in Actual deaths and false positives. Back to the whole predicting the future thing. If only he knew now what we didn’t know then .

No, but you need to take that up with the other poster...

Sep 22, 2020, 4:29 PM

his analogy was that since the original estimate was 2MM and we only have 200k so far, that that is a win.

Besides the analogy being poor, it also is based on incorrect information (2MM estimate).

My beef with Trump is what he has actually done and not done.

Re: No, but you need to take that up with the other poster...

Sep 22, 2020, 4:39 PM

We will have to agree to disagree, I think Trump did what he could. I don’t agree with shutting down the country for months. It is what it is, however i think we can agree on Go Tigers.
Have a great evening and stay safe !

Not a liberal, also my post said nothing about Trump.

Sep 22, 2020, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m assuming this is a joke post? Because those #s were if we ]

This is why people call you a moron.

Does that make you doubt the talk about...

Sep 22, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to I’m assuming this is a joke post? Because those #s were if we ]

Trump totally blowing a response to the virus? I mean, had he done nothing then 2.2 million was the magic number but it now looks as if we're going to come in at 12-15% of that which suggest that our mitigation efforts saved around 2 million lives.

I think that was the OP's point.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn’t really do anything. Had we followed Trump

Sep 22, 2020, 4:50 PM

we would be at a much higher level of deaths right now. Outside of closing off some travel, he didn’t do anything. Governors were the ones that actually did anything. Trump opposed masks, shutting down, and distancing.

There’s lots of blame to go around. Trump definitely gets some.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic