Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense...

Jul 18, 2016, 6:33 PM

this season.

Dear God in Heaven please let that be true.

It may be the most one-sided Clemson win in series history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Isn't that a necessity

Jul 18, 2016, 6:44 PM

when your talent level is where theirs is?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ding ding ding

Jul 19, 2016, 8:41 AM

yes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense...

Jul 18, 2016, 6:44 PM

Sounds to me like he is saying we don't have the talent to man up with anybody so we will have to play zone. Good QB's will pick them apart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2016, 6:53 PM

In all fairness the only decent QB in the sec east is josh dobbs

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mutts QB

Jul 18, 2016, 7:54 PM

Eason?

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Who will he throw to?

Jul 19, 2016, 9:12 AM

The dawgs might be okay at tight end, but they're not exactly loaded at WR.

RBs out of the backfield***

Jul 20, 2016, 10:49 AM

Jul 19, 2016, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

They couldn't find any other ACC castaways this season?

Jul 18, 2016, 6:51 PM

Bad teams have to play zone almost exclusively . The shortcomings they have from a personnel standpoint dictates that the Coots play a zone defense .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Is he going to teach that technique

Jul 19, 2016, 1:50 PM

where his offensive linemen block each other?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Jul 18, 2016, 10:14 PM

You said that last year and won by 5.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Y'all never had the ball with a chance to take the lead

Jul 18, 2016, 10:20 PM

after we went up by 7. You did, however, have the ball and a chance to take the lead, the week before.

that meaningless TD with 0:01 left brings the proud losers such solace.***

Jul 19, 2016, 9:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It's almost as if that meaningless last second TD....

Jul 19, 2016, 11:34 AM

salvaged their entire season.

Correction...not almost...that's exactly the case.

Bless their hearts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2016, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

'09 pipes in again. If you lose by 5 or 50, is it still a loss ? Moral victories don't exist in relevant football programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In cruise control

Jul 18, 2016, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

Looking ahead to ACCCG and playoffs.

Thanks.

Jul 18, 2016, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

Class of 09

USCe best enjoy your mere five point loss at home in 2015 because your team will not be in the same stadium so to speak against Clemson this season. Based merely upon recruits and coaching, something USuck lacks either of, a majority of Tiger fans expect multiple victories against the bottom team in the "sorry excuse conference." Get used to it!

Go Tigers!

I'm very happy for you that losing "by five"

Jul 19, 2016, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

does it for you. I don't feel the same. I went to Phoenix and watched my Tigers lose by 5, and it felt pretty awful. I can't wait until we get to Tampa and put that feeling behind us. Y'all going to stop us? I don't think so!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm very happy for you that losing "by five"

Jul 19, 2016, 8:36 AM

losing by five didn't do anything for me.

Laughing at Biggies grandiose delusions does bring happiness to my heart though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

liar***

Jul 19, 2016, 2:30 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2016, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

Good grief, both teams I knew who was going to win that game before it even started.

Jul 19, 2016, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

> You said that last year and won.

Fixed it.

Jul 19, 2016, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

That's like trying to say Ol' Miss was in Alabama's league because they beat Alabama that had 5 turnovers. FYI, Clemson had 3 very unusual turnovers in that game (Count how often the ball was fumbled throughout the season....was hardly ever). That doesn't dictate the coots were "good" as much as it says Clemson played sloppy ball and still won.

Jul 19, 2016, 10:20 AM

Wait.

So now Ole Miss' win against Alabama was also a moral victory.

The more you know.

Jul 19, 2016, 11:15 AM

No, no moral victory, but it is a product of high turnovers. Point being, game was only close due to the turnovers. As a note, past 5 year coot teams beat a turnover prone Clemson...this one didn't. So what does that say exactly?

It's says....

Jul 19, 2016, 11:39 AM

that Clueless09 will continue to cling to anything he can find in a weak and desperate attempt to support his feather-brained positions.

This is the same nitwit who predicted 8+ wins for $CU last year. Bless his heart !!!

Re: It's says....

Jul 19, 2016, 1:44 PM

Hey there! I am a long time lurker here and current Senior at Clemson University. I have always loved Clemson football, but really only started reading Tigernet the last year when I got more into our recruiting and the behind the scenes stuff. I love all things football and spend way too much time at work reading not only ours, but other college's football forums. I enjoy reading volnation, (hilarious Tee Higgins and Amari melt-down over there) FGF (just a general all around melt-down), AUfamily (really good Clemson-Auburn game info) and Landthieves before we played them; although they were incredibly proud and rude. I have always loved that Clemson is such a welcoming place, full of passionate and reasonable people. However, every time I read a post that Classof09 comments in, there are immediately a dozen people saying incredibly ignorant and rude things; simply because he is a Gamecock fan. I hate Carolina, and want them to lose at everything. But I think the fact that we can't have an adult discussion over football and schematics without looking like a bunch of children throwing out childish insults is pretty embarrassing. I am probably in the minority, and I know this is probably a dumb first post. But I am really bored at work and like Dabo says, I think we should win with class, and lose with class.

I'll tell you what....

Jul 19, 2016, 2:32 PM

I'll try to be nicer if he'll try to be smarter.

Clueless09 is a Capon homer whose sole purpose on this site is to propagate his pro-Gamecock only agenda no matter how absurd or ignorant the argument.

He absolutely invites and deserves the abuse he receives.

Re: I'll tell you what....

Jul 19, 2016, 2:50 PM

Well, to be fair, it's his team, so of course he's a gamecock homer. And I do think think he generally propogates ridiculous claims, he said his team sucks earlier in this post

Jul 20, 2016, 10:47 AM

He also in here clings to a 5 point win in a game where it's obvious of a few things:

- Clemson was playing an unusual C game of turning over the ball with fumbles (which weren't forced fumbles, and which didn't happen hardly at all during the same season). FYI, Clemson's turnover issue was in DW44's interceptions for the most part, not through fumbles. CU fumbled the ball 3-4 times in the SCar game. They did not play the same on-point team that played in the Playoffs and Natty, that's a fact.
- South Carolina had in fact treated the game as their "bowl game". They already had a losing record and were not going to a bowl (that was already a fact, beating Clemson would have only gave them 4 wins)....and with the obvious hilarious loss to FCS Citadel, enough can be said that they (like a bowl game) spent several weeks focusing on one team (#1 Clemson) instead of who they were playing that week. Being coached interim by a coach that grew up a Gamecock strengthens it likely happened...it'd give his fans something to hold to for his chance to become head coach.

In the end, they lost to Clemson with Clemson playing a C level game fumbling over 3 times....Clemson lost by 5 to Bama with Bama playing an A game. But somehow, he's trying to make it sound similar. It's not. No moral victories...a loss is a loss...but the levels of team play between to two are not comparable. Or does anyone here want to raise their hand to say that SCar could play within 10 to Bama? That's what that says....

Jul 20, 2016, 10:49 AM

Impressive you've managed to take a moral victory from a game you actually won ;)

Jul 20, 2016, 10:53 AM

Huh? You make no sense...

Seems you're the one focused on moral victories. Like you said we won. Doesn't matter the score. You lost again to Watson, with the team playing a C-level game. He beat them with one leg, he beat them with unusual turnovers, now this year, he just plain crushes them.

Jul 20, 2016, 12:37 PM

Not sure what us losing has to do w

Jul 20, 2016, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll tell you what.... ]

Not sure what us losing has to do w

Jul 19, 2016, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

congrats on your moral victory.

Good lord you are pathetic.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

If you really believe....

Jul 19, 2016, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

the difference in that game was just five points, you're even more ignorant and deluded that I thought. I'm just happy that you're happy with a moral victory.

This year, Clemson should be even better offensively while the $CU defense....well...won't be and the game is in Death Valley.

Re: If you really believe....

Jul 19, 2016, 10:22 AM

I'm laughing at your 50 point win projections biggie.

I realize that reading comprehension is not your strong suit

Jul 19, 2016, 11:05 AM

What I said was that if CussChamp attempts to play a zone defense against Clemson, it MAY be the most one-sided Clemson win in series history.

$CU absolutely does not have the athletes on defense to play zone effectively against Clemson's more athletic and faster skill players.

Heck...I'm not sure $CU has the athletes on defense to play zone effectively against anyone for that matter.

Re: I realize that reading comprehension is not your strong suit

Jul 19, 2016, 11:21 AM

Biggie you have it backward lol.

A zone defense is better when you're under matched.

A man defense would leave you more exposed.

HTH

It really won't make much of a difference either way....

Jul 19, 2016, 11:36 AM

You're still going to lose.

Re: It really won't make much of a difference either way....

Jul 19, 2016, 12:08 PM

The fact we are going to lose doesn't give any credibility to your comments.

Here's the thing Clueless....

Jul 19, 2016, 12:32 PM

a zone defense relies on having a pretty good defensive line; something your don't have. Consequently, it's much more difficult for a zone defense to bring blitzes without compromising the strength of the zone, and so the defense needs to be able to put pressure on the quarterback without any help.

When you have a weak/slow secondary too (which you do), a zone defense only helps to cover some weaknesses but you can't hide them all. Speedy receivers are still going to get open downfield because your second level of coverage (or over the top coverage) lacks speed and athleticism, which will still create mismatches.

I know you'll never get it and even if you do, you'll never admit it.

Re: Here's the thing Clueless....

Jul 19, 2016, 12:36 PM

So now can you explain why we would be better off with a man to man defense?

Like I said....

Jul 19, 2016, 2:28 PM

reading comprehension is clearly not your strong suit.

Re: Like I said....

Jul 19, 2016, 4:47 PM

never change biggie

Never change.

Re: If you really believe....

Jul 19, 2016, 11:15 AM [ in reply to If you really believe.... ]

Then it is settled. If SC and Bama played, bama would win by only 10. SC is actually a pretty good team, based on that logic.

Does only losing by 1 to the Citadel give you hope as well?

Jul 19, 2016, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

I find it hilarious the most passionate coach you had (whom fans appeared to love since he was 'an energetic, fun guy') sacrificed a win over a SoCon team to come close to beating Clemson at home.

Clemson

Re: Does only losing by 1 to the Citadel give you hope as well?

Jul 19, 2016, 10:23 AM

I find it interesting you think we lost to the citadel because of Clemson.

We lost because we were a terrible football team last year.

Yes you were....

Jul 19, 2016, 11:07 AM

and you're probably going to be an even worse football team this year.

Then we only won by 5 because we had a terrible game***

Jul 20, 2016, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Does only losing by 1 to the Citadel give you hope as well? ]

Clemson

Any photos of Coots "Lost By Five" rings?*********

Jul 19, 2016, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2016, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

It's funny to watch coot fans grab on to anything that they think will insult a tiger fan. Like oh y'all only won by five... hahaha it's still a W at the end of the day. Coots went home for Christmas and our tigers almost bring home a National Championship. We could beat y'all by one point every year and I would be happy. As long as you ungrateful trashy low life dirtpeckers lost.

That's my rant for the day...

GO TIGERS!!!

Jul 19, 2016, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

Dude your Coots are a joke and yet you still show up on a Clemson board.
I mean most Coots are stupid but what does that say for you?
You better stick to girls BB because the football program will NEVER be on the same level as Clemson.
NEVER

AND the Citadel score was closer!!!!***

Jul 19, 2016, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Did CussCoot really say that $CU would run a zone defense... ]

When you run only one type of defense.....

Jul 19, 2016, 2:35 PM

you're screwed.

You have to be able to mix zone and man in order to keep Offenses guessing. This will be an ugly year for the Dirtpeckers...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2016, 10:56 AM

Hello,
I am a rising Junior and will be an RA at Johnstone Hall this upcoming year. It has been said that this is the final year students will live in this historic dorm. My father, uncle, and grandfather all lived in this hall. I am a video production student and work with the athletic department at Clemson as well as other production companies in Atlanta. I will be creating a 20min documentary this upcoming school year (2016-2017) highlighting the history of Johnstone and the many stories that need to be told before it is torn down. If you or anyone you know would be interested in being in this documentary please email me at: horacep@g.clemson.edu

I plan on spending an enormous amount of time creating an enjoyable and educational documentary so the memories of Johnstone will not be lost.

Go Tigers,
Horace Priester

The only zone defense suitable for the Capons ...

Jul 20, 2016, 1:15 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic