Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did B12 not learn their lesson from last year that two SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,503

Did B12 not learn their lesson from last year that two SEC

May 31, 2012, 9:13 AM

teams beat out Oklahoma State to the national championship? That 10 team -no championship game didn't work out so well for them last year. Really think that will change in a 4 team playoff? Still think they need to get to at least 12 if they want to be taken seriously.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did B12 not learn their lesson from last year that two SEC

May 31, 2012, 9:23 AM

They will haveing tht extra game matter even tho coaches hate it but now if the big 12 goes to 12 all the major 4 will have to have a ccg imo.

Ok State would have been 3rd seed if there was a tourney

May 31, 2012, 9:29 AM

So Big 12 would have gotten a shot in the tourney. Heck USC had no problem getting in the BCS game during the PAC 10 era.

The messed up and flawed part of the tourney last year is a 11-1 Stanford team would have gone instead of 11-2 Oregon which beat Stanford and won the PAC-12 based on Stanford being ranked 4th and Oregon ranked 5th. This makes me lean towards having conference champs go to the playoff, or some rules, rather than just top 4 teams.

If a 4-team playoff would generate a boatload, why didn't they go to 8 or 16 teams? The freakin bowl games and the system. It will happen at some point though.

I agree, that's why OOC games matter, and no one will want

May 31, 2012, 11:09 AM

to play teams like LSU if they don't have to.

I (and I know I shouldn't have) was listening to Walt yesterday (everything else was on commercials) and he was going on about how SOS doesn't matter and if you think it does you're an idiot. Walt is the idiot because our conference schedule was pretty weak and we got killed by USuCk and WVU.

SOS matters even if it's not part of a formula, because playing good teams often makes you ready for good teams when it matters most.

Re: Ok State would have been 3rd seed if there was a tourney

May 31, 2012, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Ok State would have been 3rd seed if there was a tourney ]

Ohio State also "backed in" to a lot of NCG without haveing a Big 10 Championship game which sucked.

OSU makes the final 4 in all models proposed.... plus...

May 31, 2012, 9:27 AM

...UT and OU see the chance that both schools will be top 4 and don't want the Red River Rivalry game to eliminate the loser.

VT says, "hi!" Had we not beaten them in the championship

May 31, 2012, 9:30 AM

game, they would have been playing in a 4 team playoff.

I think the B12 has to land FSU and Clemson, otherwise

May 31, 2012, 11:01 AM

I think they will be in trouble again in the near future. I don't think the other teams being thrown around elevate their status but further dilute it. OSU historically has been a loser, same with KU and KSU. Though OSU and KSU have had recent success-- not sure it is going to be sustained. Nebraska, TAM, CO and Missouri seriously knocked B12 down-- adding TCU and WV doesn't come close to making up for that. I think the ACC with the current 14 is a better league over time than B12 at 10 or diluted with 2 teams not ND/FSU/ND. I think the SEC made a mistake by aligning with them before deal was done with FSU/CU etc. joining B12. They better hope UT and OU finish 1-2 almost every year if the league doesn't get CU/FSU. Seriously concerned about B12 stability with UT and the way they think. I don't like the fact Pac 12 and Big 10 still sitting at 12 and have a lot to offer a UT down the road. I'm starting to doubt the B12 TV deal is being compared apples to apples with ACC. I worry about exposure in B12 TV deal and if we are given a fair shake. I think we are better off in ACC unless B12 takes 4 current ACC members. I don't think taking just FSU/CU improves our position greatly over where we are now other than short term $ which may not be as much as people think when you consider all factors including exit fee. In the end CU and FSU have to make the same decision.

Re: I think the B12 has to land FSU and Clemson, otherwise

May 31, 2012, 11:09 AM

OSU's success I think is sustainable. KSU's success is built entirely on Bill Snyder and when Old Balls retires or dies (whichever comes first) they will suck again. KU has good years once every decade or so, maybe twice a decade, but they are not a "loser" team they are a middle of the pack team. The last couple of years have skewed your view.

A&M never won a conference titel. They never won a BCS game. Same with MIssouri.

Nebraska and Colorado had not been good for a decade.

TCU and WVU combined have more BCS bowl wins than ALL FOUR OF THE TEAMS THAT LEFT.

As for the Big 12 and UT/OU finishing 1-2 every year or we are in trouble. You sir, are an ignorant coot. UT and OU very rarely finish 1 and 2 in the league. Unlike the ACC, other schools DO step up and play football from time to time.

You're going to fit in just fine here.****

May 31, 2012, 11:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didn't say OU and UT finish 1-2 every year

Jun 1, 2012, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I think the B12 has to land FSU and Clemson, otherwise ]

I said they'll need to if you remain a 10 team league--- otherwise someone not named TX or OU will be making the new bowl game with SEC champ and that's not going to be good for that bowl matchup long term. WVU has gotten a lot of speed out of FL in the past- not sure they'll get that going forward being isolated and shut out of that market I stand by my position, B12 has some serious potential longterm issues if they can't bust up the ACC by getting CU/FSU and possibly others.

OSU- agree- may be sustainable
KSU-agree
Kansas-sorry but you historically suck save a few of the fat guys years earlier this century
TCU- this move will knock their program down
Baylor- will suck again until RG4 comes along
ISU- who cares

They would have made a 4 team playoff

May 31, 2012, 11:07 AM

With a loss in a conference title game? Probably not.

Re: Did B12 not learn their lesson from last year that two SEC

May 31, 2012, 1:16 PM

I don't think it was that, I'm pretty sure it's because they lost to Iowa State. But maybe that's just me.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,503
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic