Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dexter Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Dexter Lawrence

Oct 3, 2016, 3:33 PM
image.png(111.9 K)

Top-10 in the country amongst all interior lineman thus far. It'll be interesting to see how the snaps are distributed once Bryant returns to 100% and Wilkins moves back to the middle. Who do you think loses the most snaps? Ferrell? Bryant? Dex?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dexter Lawrence

Oct 3, 2016, 3:40 PM

Once Bryant returns, I think Wilkins will will play more at DT starting along side Watkins. I also think Wilkins will still back up Bryant at DE so I would expect DL to back up at DT when Wilkins plays and start when Wilkins is at DE.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 3:55 PM

After Saturday's game, I also feel more confident in Albert Huggins. He showed he can be a force in the middle as well.

Agreed, he leads the team in sacks.***

Oct 3, 2016, 3:57 PM

Either Bryant or Ferrell won't start, would be my guess.

Oct 3, 2016, 4:41 PM

Lawrence has been starting since the second game. Wilkins, Lawrence and Watkins are our 3 best defensive linemen.

It may take Bryant a few games to get back up to speed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Either Bryant or Ferrell won't start, would be my guess.

Oct 3, 2016, 4:46 PM

Christian and Carlos are absolute monsters. They are in a leage of their own

Dexter Lawrence is in that same league.***

Oct 3, 2016, 4:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dexter Lawrence is in that same league.***

Oct 3, 2016, 4:52 PM

Not yet. He will be. He's not as quick twitch as those two yet. Carlos and Christian are forces on every play. They fire out low every single play. They beat their man with their hand placement, low hips and speed. Dexter isn't quite there yet, but he will be. Dexters size makes up for a lot of what he isn't able to do physically yet. More than anything he can occupy a few guys and stand his ground and make the tackle if it's anywhere around him, where as Christian and Carlos blow up the line and disrupt the play in the backfield, like the first play of the game by big 94, our next first round NFL D linemen

Oct 3, 2016, 5:57 PM

I agree 100%. Dex is insane for a true freshman and how big he is, but Wilkins and Watkins are in the backfield immediately almost every play. We've got a ridiculous amount of talent on that DL.

Gonna be fun to see how the rest of the season plays out. It feels good to be in the driver's seat this early in the year, but we have to keep our foot on the gas. UNC beating FSU is huge for our ACC Championship hopes. It really takes the pressure off of our game down there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 6:05 PM

Carlos Watkins is the most underrated player in the nation. Him and Christian make who ever is in front of them look terrible every play. 94 is the best DT in the nation

I'd almost be willing to keep wilkins at end

Oct 3, 2016, 7:18 PM

he's not been a liability there at all. just the opposite, actually. I'd rather keep him there (just for this year) and ease Bryant in there, maybe taking snaps from yeargin and register rather than having less plays with Pagano, dex or even huggins...

no reason to rush Bryant back in, like you said ease him

Oct 3, 2016, 8:37 PM

back into his groove we're not hurting at the position so we should make sure we get him to 100%

Oct 3, 2016, 8:35 PM

Bryant and Ferrell will battle it out for the start, with Ferrell getting the start and Bryant sprinkled in. From there, performance wins...but it's great for depth down the line. Wilkins stays at SDE...he's been great there. We have crazy depth in the middle, so no need for him there.

When Austin gets his reps, we are

Oct 3, 2016, 8:56 PM

"MORE DEEPER!!!!" as little 71 used to say....

About 38 years ago(he's now 41)

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic