Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dex
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Dex

Dec 31, 2018, 12:09 PM

So if they do find the source, but the appeal doesn’t happen in time for the natty...... what then? Would this be a law suit type of situation? For Dex to work that hard to get here and for the NCAA “doing their job” to screw that up for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dex

Dec 31, 2018, 12:12 PM

Since this is a banned substance and they find the source I would say that a VERY large lawsuit would be in order.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So how much damage would there possibly be?

Dec 31, 2018, 12:23 PM

Lawsuits are always settled in terms of dollars. That's the only recourse of a civil court unless someone is ordered to refrain or submit to something. In this case it wouldn't be applicable. The obvious solution is the monetary value of Clemson losing Dex for two games or a drop in his draft stock over missing two games.

If losing him against ND hurt it couldn't be worth more than three points and a few insignificant stats to Clemson. I don't think that's practical. It would also be difficult to show that his absence changed the outcome of the next game. Maybe, maybe I'm missing something.

Does any reasonable person think Dex's signing bonus will be different or his placement in the draft change because of the .0002% of the drug?

If we're going to file a lawsuit it should be against the NCAA for not allowing him to play. If we get it through court and win the other kids would be exonerated and their lives returned to normal. Nothing more or less is warranted but I'm not skilled in dealing with such matters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic