Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 1

Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit

May 19, 2015, 5:12 PM

Photo: Copy Of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit

Read Update »

Message was edited by: TigerNet Recruiting®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we don't need this on here

May 19, 2015, 5:14 PM

cmon now

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be like FSU. He broke the law, he's gone.

May 19, 2015, 5:34 PM

End of story as it should be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you missed my point

May 19, 2015, 6:15 PM

I CERTAINLY don't want anybody that's gonna do this to be associated with Clemson.

I'm saying that we don't need to see copies of his arrest papers on Tigernet. Not our business and excessive

Re: I think you missed my point

May 19, 2015, 7:02 PM

A major loss for us. What he did was inexcusable, but it seems to me that we
could have provided him some opportunity for redemption. Isn't that what we are
supposed to be about? If this I supposed to display Dabo's commitment to a squeaky
clean program and his manly resolve, then it fails the test with me.

tell em, coot***

May 19, 2015, 7:05 PM

Re: tell em, coot***

May 20, 2015, 9:56 AM

What a fockin' idjit!
The pulse & 99% of all previous posts tells this guys story! Lol

YOU fail the tiger-test scumcoot!!!

Re:I I am sure that Dabo hated to do it. Sometimes, tough

May 19, 2015, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you missed my point ]

is the best alternative. Too badf that most shy away from it.

slum, this wasn't his first doghouse stay.....

May 19, 2015, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you missed my point ]

...If you knew half the things you think you do I wouldn't have even commented on your dumb post but we can't have passer bys think you are the truth. Now why Ebo hasn't been in trouble with the law he has been in trouble a few times with Dabo. All the other things were minor in nature but when you don't learn from the minor then do something this dumb there probably isn't much hope for you. Not saying Ebo can't turn out to be an outstanding citizen but it just won't be at this university....

May 19, 2015, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you missed my point ]

This ain't slurrier!!!!!! This is DABO BOOM

May 20, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I think you missed my point ]

you are a failure

What he's accused of is a big time felony ...

May 22, 2015, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you missed my point ]

... may not even qualify for pre trial intervention. If he's lucky, he'll plea the charge to a misdemeanor offense (if that's even possible), receive a few years probation, of which he's allowed to transfer back to his home state in New York. Doubt he'll want to hang around here while doing his probation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not? We should be better than trying to sweep this

May 19, 2015, 10:26 PM [ in reply to we don't need this on here ]

under the rug. The local police didn't, Dabo didn't, and neither should our Clemson news outlets.

Not talking about sweeping it under the rug

May 20, 2015, 11:43 AM

I'm saying we don't need to see his arrest papers plastered all over tigernet. It happened, he's gone. It's over. Not our business

Detective R.E. Crooks.... he was destined from birth.***

May 19, 2015, 5:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Officer Crooks is the worst

May 19, 2015, 5:16 PM

I had a run in with him when I was a student. Not saying he wasn't doing his job in the Ebo incident, but he was a real jerk to me

Explain the incident

May 19, 2015, 5:19 PM

Im curious to know how this LEO operates

Was coming back to Clemson from winter break

May 19, 2015, 6:03 PM

My sophomore year. I live south of Atlanta, and had just made a 4+ hour drive (much longer than usual) due to pouring down rain pretty much the entire time. By the time I got back, it was after 11 pm and I was exhausted. I swung by Lightsey to pick up a friend before heading to Central, which is where I was living at the time. Immediately after pulling out of Lightsey and onto perimeter road, I noticed blue lights behind me. I moved to the side of the road to let him pass, but much to my surprise he was pulling ME over.

Officer Crooks asked me if I knew why I was being pulled over. I told him no. He said I had just run a stop sign....

Now, I've been pulled over for "running" a stop sign before, in which I rolled through it. That was most certainly not the case this time. Before I could even begin to protest, he asked me, "how much have you had to drink tonight?"

I was surprised, but I know cops are always looking for this kind of stuff. "Nothing at all," I replied.

He then responded with, "well then why do I smell alcohol coming from your car?"

This is when I started to get mad. I had just finished a miserable car ride through constant torrential downpour and the last thing I wanted was to be falsely accused of DUI. I was kind of stunned after hearing him say that, as it took me completely off guard. I told him that's not possible since I've been in the car for the last 5 hours and haven't had anything to drink. He stared at me and made a face before going back to his car.

When he came back, he wrote me a ticket for stop sign violation. He also told me I was lucky it was the only citation I was getting that night.

I was mad at the false accusation, and even more so at the ticket since I know I had stopped at the sign.

A month later, when the time came to contest the ticket, Officer Crooks stood up before the judge and said that I "blew through a stop sign without any attempt to stop at all, and had an odor of alcohol coming from my car." I told the judge that if she watched the tape recording on his camera, it would be obvious that this couldn't be further from the truth, and that I did indeed come to a complete stop at said stop sign.

As it turns out, Officer Crooks had his camera off, and therefore, I had no evidence to support my case. His word against mine. #### outta luck.

What really got me was the smug smirk he shot me right after telling the judge he didn't have any video of the incident. I will never forget that. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Re: Was coming back to Clemson from winter break

May 19, 2015, 7:12 PM

Unfortunately there are jerks like that.

The real unfortunate thing

May 19, 2015, 9:41 PM

is that they sometimes wear badges.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

a lawyer would have made him into a whipped puppy***

May 19, 2015, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Was coming back to Clemson from winter break ]

Haha, no doubt

May 19, 2015, 7:19 PM

no sense in hiring a lawyer for a $220 ticket

should'a demanded a jury trial***

May 19, 2015, 8:51 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: should'a demanded a jury trial***

May 19, 2015, 8:52 PM

he admitted he did it???

May 19, 2015, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Was coming back to Clemson from winter break ]

Hey buddy,
Welcome to law enforcement Clemson/Central style. Strictly medieval. But BOY, you in
the bible belt where the Poh-lice rule supreme.

Haha, who you tellin?

May 19, 2015, 8:16 PM

My hometown of Peachtree City is notorious for oppressive police

That's F###ed up...

May 19, 2015, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Was coming back to Clemson from winter break ]

That wasn't right....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know right?!

May 19, 2015, 8:18 PM

It STILL makes me mad to this day...the guy purposely ticketed me because he could and then took it a step further by assuming I was drinking and tried to get me for that too

Well, it will not be long before they all have to start

May 19, 2015, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Was coming back to Clemson from winter break ]

wearing body cams and having in car cams turned on at all times. There is too much going on with the police right now, some or most of it underserved I think, to not have that happen.

Soon, there will be no his word against yours. The power of some of the more power-hungry cops will be gone. Their job: find folks that break the law, and arrest them to let them stand trial. It is not to make crap up just because they think they can make your life miserable, and then be pompous about it when you do show up to court.

Couldn't agree more

May 19, 2015, 8:19 PM

What happened to "innocent until proven guilty?" The officer's word is proof without any evidence to back it up???

May 19, 2015, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Was coming back to Clemson from winter break ]

Sounds like you have got several tickets before and have something against cops because of the statement you made "I know cops are always looking for this kind of stuff. So its not about this cop it about all cops. It's so easy to bash cops when they can't respond to your nonsense. Sounds like there is more to this story than you are telling. No I am not a cop, I am in the military.

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

May 19, 2015, 10:49 PM

I read what he wrote and it doesn't sound like he is hiding anything. Cops in college love to pick on the college students.

May 19, 2015, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Was coming back to Clemson from winter break ]

I read what he wrote and it doesn't sound like he is hiding anything. Cops in college love to pick on the college students.

Uh, what?

May 20, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Was coming back to Clemson from winter break ]

Do you have something against me for some reason? I told the story exactly how it happened. Not hiding anything.

I most definitely don't have anything against the police.

WHen I say, "I know cops are always looking fir this kind of stuff," I'm saying that it was after 11 at night in a college town. They are ALWAYS on the lookout for DUI.

THINK!

Re: Uh, what?

May 20, 2015, 7:53 PM

Nothing against you, I just don't think that this is the place to publicly criticize and call someone out by name and that only one side of the story is told.

May 19, 2015, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Was coming back to Clemson from winter break ]

I wish they had to supply some evidence, for ever ticket written. Cameras are cheap and everywhere.

I had a similar experience when I was at clemson. Just visited my friends at the dorm left around 1 in the morning. Left the parking lot, stopped at the stop sign leaving for a split second. Cops pulls me over ask if I've been drinking then rights me a ticket for running the stop sign. If that happened to me now I'd hire a lawyer and fight i. Those tickets are no joke.

May 19, 2015, 11:03 PM

piling on ...when I was a student...i was driving on Clemson blvd, went to turn left in a tight side street...cop at the stop sign perpendicular starts footing forward in a blatant attempt to get me to make contact...still turns me sour just thinking about it...and yes, it was obvious

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2015, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Was coming back to Clemson from winter break ]

That's the deal. He can't pull you over without probable cause, which doesn't include leaving a bar or party. There has to be some other reason, like running through a stop sign.

Once he pulls you over and you haven't been drinking, one solution for him is to give you a ticket whether you deserve it or not. Another solution is to tell you that a brake light is out, there's no ticket if you get it fixed the next day, and to be careful on the way home. Your attitude can make the whole difference - it needs to be serious, no irritation but also not too much kissing up.

Then you should have said you are innocent until

May 20, 2015, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Was coming back to Clemson from winter break ]

proven guilty and since there is no proof than you are free to go about your merry little way.

whenever a cop pulls you over and asks ...

May 22, 2015, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Was coming back to Clemson from winter break ]

... do you know why I pulled you over? Just reply, If you don't know, then why DID you stop me?

had you done anything wrong to cause the run in with him?

May 19, 2015, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Officer Crooks is the worst ]

Be truthful

see above***

May 19, 2015, 6:03 PM

Re: Officer Crooks is the worst

May 19, 2015, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Officer Crooks is the worst ]

Were is the reply from CU2013? If you are going to post that officer Crooks is the worst. Then you should give your reasons why you believe this,

see above

May 19, 2015, 6:04 PM

can't always respond immediately

Officer Crooks is a respected policeman doing his job

May 19, 2015, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Detective R.E. Crooks.... he was destined from birth.*** ]

Detective Crooks grew up in Clemson and is very familiar with the football program. His business is law enforcement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said he was doing his duties as a police officer

May 19, 2015, 6:05 PM

And I CERTAINLY don't want the police letting athletes off a la FSU. I just had a bad experience with him that still doesn't sit well with me

Re: I said he was doing his duties as a police officer

May 19, 2015, 7:30 PM

God bless you Any details?

Re: I said he was doing his duties as a police officer

May 19, 2015, 10:43 PM [ in reply to I said he was doing his duties as a police officer ]

Can't believe Crooks is still around Tiger Town. He is a j@ck a** alright, figured he would have been run off like old Joe Hand was years ago. Lol. The city off Clemson PD is a complete joke!

Re: Officer Crooks is a respected policeman doing his job

May 19, 2015, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Officer Crooks is a respected policeman doing his job ]

What does that matter if he lied in the court hearing as police officers
are wont to do when protecting their A$$es.

Re: FB Update: Photo: Copy Of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit

May 19, 2015, 5:22 PM

I'm getting a bad feeling about the gift he handed me as he was leaving. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Photo: Copy Of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit

May 19, 2015, 5:29 PM

Wish they would apply the same enthusiasm to the POS rock vandal, and his POS lying father. That would actually be a welcome article on tigernet...

I believe that is University police on the Rock

May 19, 2015, 5:30 PM

since the Rock is on CU property

Re: I believe that is University police on the Rock

May 19, 2015, 6:14 PM

Why are ppl blaming the cops & Mr Crooks? They didn't steal anythg

Say what?

May 19, 2015, 6:36 PM

Who is doing that? Ebo has no business being apart of Clemson anymore. Job well done by the police, it's ebos own fault. I happen to not care for officer crooks but I'm certainly not faulting the man for doing his job

^^^^POY^^^^

May 20, 2015, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Photo: Copy Of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit ]

Post of the year!!!!!!!

Re: Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit

May 19, 2015, 5:41 PM

Integrity is a mixed blessing..it's good to have it but in showing you've got it it allows those that don't have it to scoop up a young man that made a single mistake and make him an example of how to give second chances. One day we may choke on all of this self righteous "no second chance" stuff. Just saying.....

May 19, 2015, 5:56 PM

I hope None of Dabo's sons ever make a mistake. One would assume, he would handle them with the same "swift justice" he delivers to his players. Dear God, PLEASE let Deshaun Watson be as good as we hope he is....we can't lose him for a $25 mistake! At least in my church, second chances exist, apparently not in Dabo's church.

May 19, 2015, 6:07 PM

Apparently in your church people sit on high horses with their noses in the air. This isn't a $25 mistake as you put it. This is digital counterfeit and identity theft. I'm sure the Christian in you would be tested harder if it were your back account he was draining. Get a clue.

while I agree with you this was dealt with appropriately

May 20, 2015, 9:20 AM

nobody's bank account is getting drained except the banks. It results in higher fees for everyone that has to pay bank fees, lower interest on savings, and lower earnings for stockholders. The end consumer who's info was used simply has a 5 min call with the credit card company, the charges come off because you're not liable and a new card with a new # is in your hand within a day or 2 depending on how quick you need it. It's a minor hassle but happens all the time. It's why everyone should constantly review their statements. These things are typically run by rings; my guess is Ebo was a stooge who was getting a small cut for using his card to complete the transaction. Similar to a straw borrower in a mortgage scam. Bad idea, dishonest and should be gone but something he should be able to get PTI or be able to get expunged at some point. Hopefully no other students(football players or not) were also sold on this being an easy way to get some cash. Hopefully Ebo can put this behind him quickly and get on with his college and playing somewhere else this fall.

Re: while I agree with you this was dealt with appropriately

May 20, 2015, 4:33 PM

Its not a minor hassle if you're at a restaurant picking up the tab for several people or on an extended trip and don't have any other means of payment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Weren't there about 28 $25 gift cards ?

May 19, 2015, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit ]

Police found 28 gift cards which were purchased illegally. Police discovered the credit card in Ogundeko’s possession while they were questioning him at the Wal-Mart parking lot in Clemson.

According to the arrest warrant, Ogundeko used his own credit card, but altered the black magnetic strip on the back to another account. He was caught on camera at the Wal-Mart using the card to purchase $25 gift cards. Ogundeko, according to the warrant, confessed to police officers that he indeed alter the strips.

May 19, 2015, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit ]

I'm sure if Dabos son made a mistake he wouldn't allow him to play football either. It's a privilege to represent Clemson University on the football field. Ebo has a second chance, just not at Clemson. He obviously understands that.

May 19, 2015, 7:43 PM

*made this mistake

May 19, 2015, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit ]

That's ridiculous...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2015, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit ]

> Integrity is a mixed blessing..it's good to have it
> but in showing you've got it it allows those that
> don't have it to scoop up a young man that made a
> single mistake and make him an example of how to give
> second chances. One day we may choke on all of this
> self righteous "no second chance" stuff. Just
> saying.....

How the heck do you know if this was his first mistake or his 12th? I read that he had been in Dabo's doghouse for some time and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Before you judge someone for judging someone else you need to get the facts and a clue.

May 19, 2015, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit ]

I don't think you can fault Dabo for not giving second chances and I certainly don't think you can quote him on it.

He has taken a lot of kids coming from tough situations and given out a lot of hard love that didn't involve getting dismissed from the program.

In this case, I think he used up all of his chances in one shot. Given an admission of guilt, it means the crime was premeditated. Given that he had to figure out how to mess with the credit card and he had to put some time and effort into figuring out how to do it and getting the right equipment, it was premeditated for a while.

Then, he tried to steal several hundred dollars from Wallmart.

...and none of this is to say that he hadn't used up other chances on things we haven't even heard about.

Everything has a price and if the price of integrity is only that you have to cut someone from your football team who spent several weeks planning a theft, that is a bargain.

It's possible that cutting him hurts us on a few plays this coming season but leaving that sort of behavior unpunished (or under-punished) invites the next one (and worse) which poisons your lockeroom and tells every mom in every living room you ever sit in again exactly what you think integrity actually means.

His life isn't over. I wish him the best and I hope that he goes on to do great things in life in spite/because of this. He made a huge mistake and suffered a huge consequence, but if he's good enough to compete for a starting slot at Clemson, he's good enough to find a second chance somewhere else. Hopefully, he is smart enough to cherish it when it comes

...but good riddance, in either case. That stuff cannot stand.

Sadly he's had multiple chances........

May 19, 2015, 6:35 PM

Unfortunately you are correct. This was no where near his first strike.

With Dabo's track record whybwould any moron even assume this was a kids first strike? Using his kids as an example when younare making a huge assumption sounds pretty stupid. Thanks for calling him out GotGRR.

May 19, 2015, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit ]

I agree good riddance.

Only one observation...

May 19, 2015, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit ]

Walmart won't end up the victim. In the short term, it will be the card holder that gets hosed. In the end, if no restitution is made, the bank will ultimately end up taking the loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

May 19, 2015, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit ]

"Single mistake." Get back to me on how you feel about that when you get up on Saturday morning to go get something to eat and do some shopping, only to find out that your account is empty because of something like this. In fact, your $3,000 balance is almost a thousand in the hole. No cash in your pocket, no ready source of cash to go pull some from.

Tell me how you feel about that "single mistake" after the bank drags their feet investigating because they send the case file to the wrong investigator, and he leaves it on his desk for a month. Fill me in on what you think about the "single mistake" when the right investigator finally calls you after 2 months.

Is it just a "single mistake" that hurts no one when, after 4 months, the case manager, who is 300 miles away, agrees that the money was stolen, and agrees to put the money back in your account, then misses 2 weeks of work because of the flu epidemic raging at that time. Only a "single mistake" when no one else can help you until she gets back to work because they are short staffed due to the epidemic.

That "single mistake" compounds when it takes 2 more weeks for the manager to finally put the money back into your account after multiple promises to do so, because, whatever. And no, I don't bank with them anymore. In fact, after I left, they were absorbed - twice. I doubt that my case was a "single mistake", I figure that the person had done it before; they wouldn't tell me who the subject was.

No. I'm not speaking out of bitterness. I hope that, if he has a clean record, he can go through PTI and get that second chance. I wish Mr. Ogundeko the best in the future. But this "single mistake" speaks to character, something that Dabo and Company appear to stress over and over. Hard lessons are just that, hard.

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

May 19, 2015, 7:58 PM

Did Dabo punish himself for that whole speeding thing back in the day? I remember everyone being mad at the cop for that though

May 19, 2015, 8:10 PM

Apples to oranges. Financial transaction fraud is far greater than a speeding ticket. Besides, IIRC folks were mad at the cop for posting the video to his personal Facebook page and making smartazz Coot comments about the stop and Dabo, not the speeding. He got fired for violating department policy.

Besides, if you want to get that picky, go to the Pickens County 13th Circuit Public Index. http://publicindex.sccourts.org/pickens/publicindex/ Put in "Ogundeko" in the last name field. He got a speeding ticket in February. Doesn't mean anything, but you are the one trying to compare speeding tickets to Financial Transaction Fraud (stealing).

May 19, 2015, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit ]

It has a real affect when it hits close to home. Financial Fraud is serious and bad decisions should be met with real consequences. Daba made an obvious decision in real time. No second chance is due in this situation. Hope Ebo can become a better person but not at Clemson.

May 20, 2015, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit ]

You're correct. Felony is not listed as a synonym for mistake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Some pretty sophisticated crap right there...

May 19, 2015, 9:42 PM

..."The accused changed and altered the scanning mechanism on the back of his credit card with an unknown scanning device". In other words, he somehow altered the magnetic strip on the back of his actual card to reflect someone else's account. Something tells me he had a little help with this. Hope they find the others involved soon. I would have never thought that was possible.

Regardless of the how and why, he should be and is gone. That's a little more serious than a speeding ticket or other minor offenses. Good job Dabo!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Some pretty sophisticated crap right there...

May 19, 2015, 10:12 PM

I'm sure he had some help. But not really that sophisticated. Readers/writers with software can be had on ebay, Amazon, and elsewhere for under $150. And the mag stripe on your card is about as sophisticated as the old tape recorders we used to have. That's the main reason European credit cards already have chips and why ours are going to them.

What you need is access to the card. An external device [more money and time] on a gas pump, ATM, etc. to copy the data from the card. Or, the kit I mention above, a laptop, and access to cards to copy, i.e. a restaurant, store, etc. where the employee instead of the customer swipes the card, preferably away from the customer at a remote terminal. All it takes is an extra swipe to copy the data, then run the destination card through the writer to write the data on to it.

I bet card images are available to purchase online, I know account numbers are. If you can buy card images, all you would need is the software and the writer.

So a "skimming" device on the front end?***

May 19, 2015, 10:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: So a "skimming" device on the front end?***

May 20, 2015, 2:04 PM

Of some sort if you want an exact copy.

Just found this on my FB page

May 20, 2015, 2:12 PM [ in reply to So a "skimming" device on the front end?*** ]

Over 100 card skimmers found at Florida gas stations

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2015/5/19/over_100_card_skimme.html

Geez

May 20, 2015, 2:31 PM

Best of luck Ebo! We all have lessons

May 19, 2015, 10:25 PM

that have to be learned first hand and not taught. Unfortunately, this is a tough lesson to learn. I had such high hopes for you coming out of NYC area. Was really looking forward to coming into your own on the D-Line.

Best of luck with the legal situation. Hopefully a good lawyer will get you community service so you can learn, move on and succeed in life and football.

Officer Crooks stopped me illegally once too.

May 20, 2015, 5:03 PM

He said I had illegal brake lights (they were amber, which is LEGAL) searched my truck, accused me of being drunk when I protested, breathalyzed me (I blew a 0.0, he was pissed about that), and gave me a ticket I later had dropped because I didn't in fact have illegals taillights.
I'm not saying Ebo is innocent, but this LEO shouldn't be an LEO.

Replies: 81
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic