Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Despite what the “experts” say, no team, LSU included, is unbeatable. First, I ask
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Despite what the “experts” say, no team, LSU included, is unbeatable. First, I ask

Dec 31, 2019, 2:36 PM

are Clemson (and even OSU) better than Alabama and Auburn this year? Objectively I think an unbiased majority would say yes.

So, how did LSU do against those two teams? Well, LSU played at Bama & LSU won by 5 (with Tua not close to 100%). On the road at Auburn they won by three. Three points! While they were both good wins against quality teams, they weren’t the curb stomping like against Oklahoma.

Takeaway, while a Clemson win isn’t guaranteed, neither is the pundits (and LSU fans belief) narrative that Clemson is going to have no chance and shouldn’t even show up.

Spot da ball and get it on!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Despite what the “experts” say, no team, LSU included, is unbeatable. First, I ask

Dec 31, 2019, 2:40 PM

Yea I just made a similar post about the media creating narratives and having their own agendas. Not at all affraid of LSU. I think we should win the game. I’ll take Trevor over Burrow, ETN over their RB, my WRs against theirs, and our defense. So yea I think we should win the game. They try to decide the games before they’re ever played. Same crap last year with Tua and the Bama hype. Saw what happened there. Don’t pay it much mind.

I think LSU has a great team, as did Ohio St., BUT

Dec 31, 2019, 2:52 PM

we all should know by now, Clemson has no reason to be intimidated by or in awe of any team. And that's not disrespect, it's just what happens when you consistently beat the best teams in the country over a period of years. Every year there is a new handful of media darlings that are hyped up as the next great thing. Then they fall. Everybody should know how this works by now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I think LSU has a great team, as did Ohio St., BUT

Dec 31, 2019, 2:55 PM

Why aren’t we the media darlings being hyped up? We are winning the right way with good kids and graduating them.
They should be hailing us as the ideal instead of always talking us down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

LSU is not unbeatable...

Dec 31, 2019, 3:04 PM

Guido sez Clem has a 33% chance of beating LSU.

Good question. I think it's because of a couple of

Dec 31, 2019, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I think LSU has a great team, as did Ohio St., BUT ]

factors. Huge alumni bases which resulted in bigger inflow of $$$ and favorable media coverage. Easier entrance requirements (especially in years past). Current ESPN driven SEC and big market narrative. Together, over time this has created hard to shake perceptions that is often not reflective of actual performance. None of this applies to Clemson or works in their favor.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Despite what the “experts” say, no team, LSU included, is unbeatable. First, I ask

Dec 31, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Despite what the “experts” say, no team, LSU included, is unbeatable. First, I ask ]

The media is biased, stupid, just making stuff up

and yet you guys continually get upset about what they say or want them to support us

Which is it ? Cause it can't be both.

Dec 31, 2019, 3:25 PM

I still think that 2018 Alabama team really was unbeatable.

Good thing no one has said LSU is unbeatable, so this

Dec 31, 2019, 3:44 PM

post is irrelevant.

No one outside of LSU fans at least.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic