Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deshaun made a huge mistake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Deshaun made a huge mistake

Sep 10, 2020, 10:43 PM

Signing that extension with this joke of an organization. Trading your best skill position player for next to nothing, and making your left tackle that led the league in penalties the highest paid LT in the NFL should have shown deshaun that Bill O’Brien is not competent enough to put you in a good position to win.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I couldn't believe he would sign back up for what

Sep 10, 2020, 10:45 PM

was a hopeless cause with the line an coaching he has. Not to mention no Nuk.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun made a huge mistake

Sep 10, 2020, 10:47 PM

B O'B is HC and GM so it is his doing. After his playoff game idiocy last year I quit believing he'd ever get it going

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 10:49 PM

DW needs the owner to step up and make a change.

Sep 10, 2020, 10:59 PM

Rookie DW4 scored 18 TD's in his first 6 games with Houston by playing the way he played at Clemson with no off-season 1st team snaps. With O'Brien and his OC this year (a former defensive player, I kid you not), DW4 had a lousy night tonight (but a highly paid and socially productive one). DW4 will bounce back in spite of Bill O'Brien, but the bOB apologists can blame DW4 for the regression. Will TL16 pass Watson by in a year or two with better NFL coaching? Time will tell. Anyway, bring on the Deacons and go Clemson Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 11:09 PM

I can think of several million reason$ Why DW stayed with the Texans. Maybe they should have let Clooney stay !!!

Sep 11, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun made a huge mistake ]

You are so hilarious. There are no BOB apologists.

What in the world are you talking about?

Sep 10, 2020, 11:17 PM

That LT did make the pro bowl last season.

They traded Hopkins because he was demanding a new contract. They were limited on trade options for him also because nearly no team could afford what he was asking for. It’s pretty hard to pay your QB $39 million per year and a receiver $27.25 million.

Sep 10, 2020, 11:23 PM

I agree that as long as O'Brian is the coach in Houston it's doubtful they'll win a championship, but Watson really had no choice. $111mm guaranteed ($160mm total), vs. being forced to still be a Texan for at least 3 more seasons (1 more season on rookie deal + 2 years of franchise tag) before he is an unrestricted free agent. Just too much injury risk to not take the sure thing.

Sep 11, 2020, 10:32 AM

DW4 did not make a mistake. He made the best of a bad situation. The contract is for only 4 years and he's the 2nd highest paid player in NFL history after Mahomes.

Let's be sensible. NFL rules give teams all the leverage. Just the way it is.

Sep 11, 2020, 11:07 AM

That extension made him wealthy for life but it also ended any chance of him winning a title for the next few years.

Sep 11, 2020, 11:26 AM

Take half and get a line and a decent running back

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic