Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: ESPN analyst discusses Clemson's #5 ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: ESPN analyst discusses Clemson's #5 ranking

Aug 4, 2017, 10:01 AM

WATCH: ESPN analyst discusses Clemson's #5 ranking

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SVP makes ESPN good***

Aug 4, 2017, 10:07 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: No one makes ESPN good

Aug 4, 2017, 10:41 AM

that's why I've gone to games only

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That seems extreme.***

Aug 4, 2017, 11:54 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

They are out to destroy Clemson.

Aug 4, 2017, 1:17 PM

Where have you been?

Whatever they're doing...it's working.***

Aug 4, 2017, 2:20 PM

Re: SVP makes ESPN good***

Aug 4, 2017, 2:19 PM [ in reply to SVP makes ESPN good*** ]

I'm right there with you man, SVP is the best. He & Ryen Russillo might be the only remaining bright lights at ESPN, along with some of the college football staff like Herby & Pollack.

College football Live is a great show***

Aug 4, 2017, 2:20 PM

ESPN is awesome. It has some stuff..

Aug 4, 2017, 2:38 PM

that sucks, but overall it is awesome. I love having it as an option for college hoops, NFL news, and college football. I don't even understand the dislike of ESPN. I am with you.

Re: FB Update: WATCH: ESPN analyst discusses Clemson's #5 ranking

Aug 4, 2017, 11:30 AM

I had no problem with the the video's "opinion". I think it's on the money. Under the 'tip of the iceberg" type allusion to functional depth is an acknowledgement that the Tigers are every bit as good, or better, than a year ago: oline, dline, overall defense, WRs. Yep we will reload. I think this will include QB. Not DW4, but will get the job done with a growing confidence every game. September will test our adversity abilities, but Dabo and staff will have them ready, no doubt in my mind. 5th rated preseason IS warranted and will improve imo.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a fair assessment, however, we have enough returning

Aug 4, 2017, 1:15 PM

On our offensive line that our quarterback will be allowed enough time to develop plays. I think FSU may have some problems primarily stemming from a lack of Offensive Line depth. Francois is a great quarterback, but he will have a horrible time trying to develop plays against real opponents. I doubt Bama will be able to exploit this in the first game, though, given that they will be replacing their front.

Re: It's a fair assessment, however, we have enough returning

Aug 4, 2017, 2:31 PM

If Francois was great, wouldn't matter the opponent-like Watson against a great AL defense. Maybe it's semantics, but to me Francois isn't in the same league as Watson, a truly great QB, imo. Maybe he'll be better this year with more maturity. Time will tell.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 3:32 PM

We know that he is tough. We laid some amazing hits on him last year.

Let's hope he's still having nightmares from those hits, and get to him early in 2017 to make him relive the pain.

Aug 4, 2017, 6:11 PM

Agreed, get to him early and often the first half, he will fold up in the second half with his mind flushed with the pain he will be looking for. Then we can rush less for the the same effect. Muscle memory is very hard to shake, for the good or the bad!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 3:49 PM

While I agree with SVP about not having a starter known as the most important position is a big potential issue, ESPN doesn't keep that issue consistent which is what bothers me. After the tide beat us in the previous year they lost their starting QB and many players to the draft off their team but returned a veteran defense and some good skill position guys and great guys in the trenches, sound familiar? Where did they start preseason? #1. Now I will say I didn't fully pay attention to all the talking heads at ESPN about Bama being #1 with a new quarterback but still. The narrative doesn't stay consistent and I don't care if it's "big bad Alabama" we've gone toe to toe with them in back to back ships. And our defense might even be better than theirs was this past season. I don't really have a problem with ESPN either. But this is what bothers me. If anything we should be ranked higher despite our question mark at QB.

if you guys are not familiar . .

Aug 4, 2017, 10:18 PM

with the 2000 Ravens Superbowl team . . do some Googling. I hope we have a better QB than the Ravens ended up having . .but the Dfence on both teams was and is the difference. Read up young guys, reflect older guys . that ( Ravens 2000 ) is our team this year.

Deshaun couldn't even win the Heisman ?

Aug 4, 2017, 6:02 PM

How is he irreplaceable ?

And 2 of 3 of Clemson's "big" opponents are weak ACC teams.

How is that tough ?

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun couldn't even win the Heisman ?

Aug 4, 2017, 6:17 PM

It appears that maybe you haven't been paying much attention to what's been happening in the ACC the couple of years. The ACC hasn't been the powder puffs as usual the last couple of seasons, actually, the ACC conference had been standing pretty tough with as many teams as any of the other conferences....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Deshaun couldn't even win the Heisman ? ]

2016 Bowl Records by Conference:

ACC 8-3

Big 12 4-2

SEC 6-6

Big 10 3-7

Pretty sure above numbers were prior to CFP (so add a win to ACC, add a loss to SEC)

2016 Regular Season - ACC 10-4 vs SEC head to head

Aug 4, 2017, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Deshaun couldn't even win the Heisman ? ]

Sorry mia compadre, but your logic is off. DW4 's lack of a Heisman had little to do with his ability as the best QB in the nation last year. That was settled in several other polls. He got a second place because of many reasons, which ultimately unraveled within the month after the voting. The Heisman winner embarrassed himself with poor play his last 3 games. Check it out .

Aug 5, 2017, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Deshaun couldn't even win the Heisman ? ]

Need to replace the winking imoji with a tongue-in-cheek.... Otherwise. good positive sarcasm....

Aug 4, 2017, 8:01 PM

I believe it was Alabama that started the season ranked #1 preseason with a Freshman unproven quarterback. We are not starting a freshman but a young man who has developed in Dabo's system. Sounds like the ranking is low for the reigning National Chamions.

It'll be no different then Bama

Aug 6, 2017, 10:47 PM

Bama will make it to POs every yr even with a new QB because they recruit well enough, Its next man up and the 1s are no better than the 2s & 3s. We will be just fine even if my fat #### got out there at QB.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic