Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,140

Deshaun Watson

Sep 6, 2018, 4:17 PM

I was watching Fox Sports earlier and they were talking about Houston and Deshaun. The analysts agreed that Houston has by far the worst Oline in the NFL. They said he may be running for his life all season. You would have thought that Houston would have solved that problem in the offseason when you have a potential all time great coming off injury. Anyway..didn't like to hear that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun Watson

Sep 6, 2018, 4:20 PM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-entering-2018

32. Houston Texans
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP:
Left Tackle: Julie’n Davenport, 47.6 overall grade
Left Guard: Zach Fulton, 68.8
Center: Nick Martin, 44.9
Right Guard: Senio Kelemete, 48.3
Right Tackle: Martinas Rankin, 71.1* (2017 college grade)
2017 season-end rank: 32nd (no change)
After fielding one of the worst offensive lines we’ve seen in the PFF era, there’s little reason to think they’ll rank anything other than 32nd again this upcoming season. While injuries certainly played a role – and it’s likely center Nick Martin could bounce back from an ugly 44.9 overall grade last season – they’ve pinned their hopes to other team’s castoffs and a fourth-rounder from 2017 to protect Deshaun Watson.

How can Belichick get it done and not this student of his

Sep 6, 2018, 4:30 PM

Get it done

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 4:43 PM

As a Texans fan, I can tell you that they added as much as they could. What were they supposed to do? Pay 50 million for an average tackle in Nate Solder? There were no other average lineman on the market. They didn't have any 1st or 2nd round picks because they used them FOR DESHAUN. What they have now is the best they could do. And trust me, when Deshaun is in the game the line performs a lot better.

Sep 6, 2018, 4:50 PM

Maybe they should have paid the 15 million per year under the circumstance? He might have wanted the Giants anyway though. They will probably have to overpay at one point. I would assume that OL will be their top priority in the 2019 draft.

Sep 6, 2018, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun Watson ]

didn't they let a good tackle go last year that was a holdout? didn't make sense to me. draft a young quarterback and then refuse to pay the left tackle that could provide him some protection.

Sep 7, 2018, 12:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun Watson ]

Andrew Norhwell would have been a huge addition in free agency...

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,140
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic