Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Derion Kendrick practiced exclusively at Corner today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 4,724

Derion Kendrick practiced exclusively at Corner today

Mar 11, 2019, 8:38 PM

It’s needed for depth purposes due to injuries. Remember we did this with Ray Ray two springs ago and actually had to play RRM at Corner during a critical part of the game at NCSU that year.

Message was edited by: bowlhunter®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

When he was still in HS, committed to Clemson,

Mar 11, 2019, 8:43 PM

he told a Rivals Reporter that he's rather play corner. Though I'm sure , right now it's just because of a couple of injuries and Booth not coming till June..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could see him resembling a ....

Mar 11, 2019, 8:59 PM

Deon Sanders kinda corner, , he has that build , feet , and maybe the hips ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh Good Lord, you could see him being a 1st ballot HOF and

Mar 11, 2019, 11:13 PM

one of the best CBs to ever play?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh Good Lord, you could see him being a 1st ballot HOF and

Mar 11, 2019, 11:15 PM

I sure could, which shows you that my expectations are not really that high ….but when you look at his height, and his speed, and his feet movement , along with return skills, who else comes to mind but the neon deon ….other than that, there is no pressure on Kendrick at all....lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

resembling vs being ? ? ?

Mar 11, 2019, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Oh Good Lord, you could see him being a 1st ballot HOF and ]

Totally different things . . . had no problems with the statement . . . but again, I am a simple man

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is why i used resembles, ....

Mar 12, 2019, 6:51 AM

did not want to predict that he would be the next neon deon at CB , that is a huge statement and very bold prediction ….but he does resemble deon and does remind me of him ….that much is my honest statement , jp

Re: Oh Good Lord, you could see him being a 1st ballot HOF and

Mar 12, 2019, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Oh Good Lord, you could see him being a 1st ballot HOF and ]

Dabo said if you're gonna dream , dream big .
He done tolt ya .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Interesting!

Mar 11, 2019, 11:10 PM [ in reply to When he was still in HS, committed to Clemson, ]

I saw the kid who re-wrote the pass happy/offens happy Big 12(Mason Rudolph) play his h.s. ball. When I tell you DK could have played QB in FBS - believe me or better yet believe coach Swinney and coach Scott. All that to say - he is a football player 1st and foremost. One of those kids who probably carried a football around with him everywhere and talked about it on dates(not really). But, you get my point. He would be good wherever you put him.
What's interesting is: "I wonder if this is due to the talent coming in"?
DK played QB in H.S. and as a result in my opinion, "came into Clemson behind the curve because he had to learn WR"! Clemson is not the place you want to "learn WR" unless your name is Hunter Renfrow; who also was a h.s. QB. Option QB at that I believe. But, when Hunter started we don't have anywhere near the depth at the position as we do now. Someone asked coach Scott that very question. If it would be hard now for a walk on to get on the team! He gave some coach speak; but did say, "there is certainly a lot more quality depth"!
DK's burst off the line is still (i.m.o) the best on the team! I hope he doesn't give up learning the nuisances of the position. We will need an explosive slot WR or a Jet Sweep WR who can make plays. When he learns is and puts it all together; I see him being more of a inside slant; throw it 10 yards and I take it to the house type WR. The other guys: Overton, Higgins, Ngata, Ross, Ladson, etc. are all big outside(9 man) WR's.
If the coaches want a kid who wants to compete every play; then that's why he is on defense currently. He'll help the team wherever they put him. He hates losing and hasn't lost a football game since September 2017 in Baltimore, MD.
Keeping an eye on this; Tigers can't lose wherever they line him up!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Derion Kendrick practiced exclusively at Corner today

Mar 11, 2019, 11:00 PM

He's still a very talented WR but I'm sure he can play both ways. The kid is a stud athlete.

Mar 12, 2019, 12:47 AM

Dang it - I was hoping they would let him run the Jet Sweep a few times before moving him to other positions. I think he might be as good as Tay Scott was at doing that.

Mar 12, 2019, 8:09 AM

With injuries and different coverages it makes sense to work him at DB. DK is an athlete and he has been learning WR since that was not his position. The Tigers have as much or more WR talent as any of the top programs and more coming in. He'll probably have more playing time at DB.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 8:15 AM

uh no he will not. was at practice saturday and he was targeted more than any other receiver. we are thin with injuries. that is why he is there. never can understand why some jump to any conclusion when any move is made.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this would have been the time to use ALL CAPS

Mar 12, 2019, 9:17 AM

: )

Mar 12, 2019, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Derion Kendrick practiced exclusively at Corner today ]

DK seems like he will be starting in Amari's spot when he leaves. That could be after this next season.

Replies: 14
| visibility 4,724
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic