Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deptula "Radakovich's performance as AD at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,757

Deptula "Radakovich's performance as AD at Clemson

Mar 29, 2017, 3:59 PM

is approaching flawless"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deptula "Radakovich's performance as AD at Clemson

Mar 29, 2017, 4:16 PM

Football and Baseball have been flawless. But we know Basketball has been average.

Who could we realistically get to coach if we were to make a change?

We cannot attract the big names: Calipari, K, Williams, or even Wade for that matter.

Clemson is perfectly capable of attracting a coach

Mar 29, 2017, 4:29 PM

that can win, and then keeping that coach here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Clemson is perfectly capable of attracting a coach

Mar 29, 2017, 4:38 PM

> that can win, and then keeping that coach here.

You say so but the truth is it has not been done in 100 years. What do you use as a basis of your comment?

Can't never could

Mar 29, 2017, 4:41 PM

Good place to start as any

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Why on earth couldn't we?

Mar 29, 2017, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is perfectly capable of attracting a coach ]

It's one thing to say that it has never been done, and another thing entirely to say that it can't be done. I think people confuse the two, and assume that since it hasn't been, it can't be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 29, 2017, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is perfectly capable of attracting a coach ]

The coach before Brownell built a program that became a perennial 20 win, NCAA team....

That coach didn't do anything after Smart left***

Mar 29, 2017, 9:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 out of the 5 coaches have been successful

Mar 29, 2017, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is perfectly capable of attracting a coach ]

Out of the past five coaching hires made, three have had success at Clemson to some degree.

Only Shyatt was the obvious swing and a miss.

Had we made a better hire post Barnes we would not have set the program back a decade.

Mar 29, 2017, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is perfectly capable of attracting a coach ]

If you believe that then our basketball program needs to be disbanded. That or just offer really high IQ guys so they graduate...since that's the measure of success.

Mar 29, 2017, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Clemson is perfectly capable of attracting a coach ]

Alright, then WHO would you pick?

I think we can get someone good, but maybe at this time there is not anyone good enough to make the switch?

I don't know who I would pick; I honestly don't konw enough

Mar 29, 2017, 4:58 PM

about the available pool of candidates besides the names we have heard recently, and I'm sure that pool will change by this time next year. Who I would hire, however, is a different question altogether, and has no bearing on whether or not Clemson is capable of attracting and keeping a good coach.

- H. L. Mencken

Mar 29, 2017, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Deptula "Radakovich's performance as AD at Clemson ]

You might be surprised who you might get if the $$$ are right and the support level guaranteed is attractive. Whoever coaches Clemson basketball will need 4 to 5 years to install their concept of a winning program and find recruits to execute same. "K" and R. Williams are getting close to retirement; Calipari must be on the dole for the 'NBA' farm program development concept. If Zion goes to KY he is planning a 1 and done. That is not the way to build a program. Would love to get a 5-star and 4-star or two--but I am aware the odds for that are not great.
Radakovich did not hire Brad; Terry Don and Bill D'Andrea made that change and I assure you that
Brad's style did not suit most of Oliver Purnell's recruits. Oliver also had a very hard time getting the top recruits to even look.
There are some very good HS basketball players that cannot last in the academic trenches at Clemson but might get by at some other Div. 1 schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2017, 4:40 PM

> You might be surprised who you might get if the $$$
> are right and the support level guaranteed is
> attractive. Whoever coaches Clemson basketball will
> need 4 to 5 years to install their concept of a
> winning program and find recruits to execute same.
> "K" and R. Williams are getting close to retirement;
> ; Calipari must be on the dole for the 'NBA' farm
> program development concept. If Zion goes to KY he
> is planning a 1 and done. That is not the way to
> build a program. Would love to get a 5-star and
> 4-star or two--but I am aware the odds for that are
> not great.
> Radakovich did not hire Brad; Terry Don and Bill
> D'Andrea made that change and I assure you that
> Brad's style did not suit most of Oliver Purnell's
> recruits. Oliver also had a very hard time getting
> the top recruits to even look.
> There are some very good HS basketball players that
> cannot last in the academic trenches at Clemson but
> might get by at some other Div. 1 schools.

CBB also needs 4-5 years but with a decent facilities which is why Drad gave him more time

If you look at the body of work of our program as a whole,

Mar 29, 2017, 4:43 PM

we are definitely trending up right now. He has made sure that capital improvements have equaled success with football and baseball. Next year's basketball will be the true kicker. I'm not pleased with the Brownell situation thus far, but I think he knows Brad paid his dues for years at a school where basketball was second banana. The first year we had expectations to do anything in a while, we crumbled and the fans threw coach under the bus. I think it was okay for him to stand by Brad for this year.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "flawless," but D-Rad is

Mar 29, 2017, 4:44 PM

certainly in the top 5-10 ADs nationwide.

Ole Walt says things...

Mar 29, 2017, 4:48 PM

That he knows many Clemson fans will disagree with just to get people fired up and calling in.

Like most sports talk show guys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

We wanted the JackLeg ran off a year or two earlier

Mar 29, 2017, 5:16 PM

But DRad was patient and I don't think anyone would say he could have done any better...

Re: He waited too long.***

Mar 29, 2017, 6:15 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,757
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic