Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dennis Dodd seems to think any of the other bowls matter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,477

Dennis Dodd seems to think any of the other bowls matter

Nov 21, 2019, 4:29 AM

The primary criteria for any bowl is whether the teams they choose will produce tv ratings. Dennis Dodd knows he can’t say Clemson isn’t any good but he’s proud to be able to call the orange bowl and ask whether they’re embarrassed to have to choose an unranked ACC team? The orange bowl is like all the rest of the bowls looking for TV ratings and if an ACC team would help that they would choose them even if they were ranked 75th.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/how-clemsons-dominance-and-the-mediocrity-of-the-acc-has-put-the-orange-bowl-in-a-bind/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dennis Dodd seems to think any of the other bowls matter

Nov 21, 2019, 5:14 AM

It will be a terrible bowl. Tough situation. The ACC will be back in a few years. Right now that bowl will be awful. I was offered free VIP tickets with food and booze and I turned them down.

The ACC owns the Orange Bowl.

Nov 21, 2019, 5:49 AM

??

I love how he says there are only 9

Nov 21, 2019, 8:53 AM

bowl eligible teams in the conference right now...like there isn't 2 more weeks in the season. For reference the SEC only has 6 teams...thats right only 6 teams are bowl eligible right now. The PAC 12 has only 4 and the Big10 has 8.

Btw, this will be the first time in playoff era that its been an issue for the Orange Bowl..had a quality upper ranked team every other time. You have to go back to 2008 when VT made it as a 4- loss team to find a semi average opponent in there. Besides, if VT continues their trend and wins out...then its likely another Top 25 9-4 VT team in the Orange Bowl. Too bad the Hokies couldnt get that last defensive stop against the Irish.

Re: Dennis Dodd seems to think any of the other bowls matter

Nov 21, 2019, 9:41 AM

Never was a fan of bowl tie ins away. The non CFP bowls should rotate pecking orders and draw from the highest ranked teams. Build the OOC matchups that people want to see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too Bad for the Orange Bowl

Nov 21, 2019, 10:31 AM

I don't care about the Orange Bowl (they are in a bad spot this year but these things happen).

I don't care about how sorry the ACC is (makes it easier for us to run the table).

I only care about Clemson making the CFP.

30-3 & 44-16 baby!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,477
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic