Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Republicans demanding a vote
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 636

Republicans demanding a vote

Oct 29, 2019, 8:12 AM

to open official inquiry.

Dems hold vote.

Republicans: Image result for surprised pikachu

Not sure the play here. Repubs should have let it keep going so their talking points wouldn't be debunked. Now everything will be on the record and there's nowhere to hide. I guess when your only defense is to attack the process and not what's being said, you're in a corner.

You hear that? That's the sound of goalposts moving simultaneously.

You heard it here first: Repubs will try to bring in Alex Jones aluminum foil hat conspiracy theorist type of witnesses to testify. Dems will not allow it because... well come on, these dudes don't live in reality. Then they will scream about the investigation being a witch hunt.

Carry on with your normal talking points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Do you think that I believe you know reality

Oct 29, 2019, 8:54 AM

and politics? No. That one is pretty simple.

It’s sad but this is a political football game. There are no good intentions on finding truth or doing what is best for the Country. This is all a gotcha game that I myself and I believe most of the Country is tired of them playing.

I think the Country is in a great position right now. If you are not excelling right now and setting yourself up for success, that is your own fault. Record breaking economy and employment numbers, tax breaks, getting out of endless wars.

I for one am extremely happy for the Country

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All which can be done under Pence***

Oct 29, 2019, 8:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really want Pence?

Oct 29, 2019, 9:08 AM

Do you have any clue about his past in Indiana? His convictions, cause if you think that you don’t align with Trump, it’s funny you would want Pence.

I don’t think you know what you are asking for in that situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just going off of his Twitter account

Oct 29, 2019, 9:14 AM

I think he'll be a step up.

So you'll vote for him in 2024?

Oct 29, 2019, 10:29 AM

I have no idea who you think you are fooling here. Pubs are not a bunch of kids who you have the power to force to choose among choices of your pleasure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pubs voted for Trump

Oct 29, 2019, 10:32 AM

who is a huge baby.

So......

Re: You really want Pence?

Oct 29, 2019, 9:22 AM [ in reply to You really want Pence? ]

Pence is not anti-American. It's nearly impossible to have a worse President than Trump. Of course Pence is an improvement.

Sure I'd disagree with him all the time, but I wouldn't question that he's making decisions with America's best interest at heart. Almost everything Trump does weakens America.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You really want Pence?

Oct 29, 2019, 9:42 AM

Don't be so obtuse. That post was just silly.

Ya but at least we’d finally have an adult in the whites house.***

Oct 29, 2019, 12:43 PM [ in reply to You really want Pence? ]

Pence wasn't elected president.

Oct 29, 2019, 10:27 AM [ in reply to All which can be done under Pence*** ]

Your comment suggest that impeaching Trump wouldn't harm the office. If one party can remove a president the office is in grave danger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the office can request a foreign country

Oct 29, 2019, 10:29 AM

help the person in that office get reelected, the office is in grave danger

He was pursuing Ukraine's assistance in an ongoing...

Oct 29, 2019, 10:37 AM

investigation according to his obligation to the justice department and the treaty to coordinate that assistance with Ukraine. This one isn't a witch hunt although a witch is being hunted.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446

'Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found...

Russia’s effort was personally directed by Russian President Vladimir Putin, involved the country’s military and foreign intelligence services, according to U.S. intelligence officials. They reportedly briefed Trump last week on the possibility that Russian operatives might have compromising information on the president-elect. And at a Senate hearing last week on the hacking, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said “I don't think we've ever encountered a more aggressive or direct campaign to interfere in our election process than we've seen in this case.”

Don't believe it?

"MOSCOW — A court in Ukraine has ruled that officials in the country violated the law by revealing, during the 2016 presidential election in the United States, details of suspected illegal payments to Paul Manafort.

In 2016, while Mr. Manafort was chairman of the Trump campaign, anti-corruption prosecutors in Ukraine disclosed that a pro-Russian political party had earmarked payments for Mr. Manafort from an illegal slush fund. Mr. Manafort resigned from the campaign a week later..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/world/europe/ukraine-paul-manafort.html

You need to keep up.

He was asking Ukraine to declare they are opening an

Oct 29, 2019, 10:40 AM

investigation on Joe Biden who just happened to be whom everybody was saying was in best position to beat him in the election.

Even his own people have said that.

Trying to take a page out of Comey's playbook

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

He was asked for Ukraine to investigate corruption.

Oct 29, 2019, 2:58 PM

If you didn't know for a fact that Joe sold favors to get Hunter a high paying position on the BOD of Burisma holdings then let me find the video of his confession.

Trump was under investigation while he was campaigning as the pub candidate and that doesn't bother you hypocrites a single bit.

So what's the lesson we've learned, boys and girls? Running for president isn't an escape hatch from justice.

I would gladly take a well-meaning bigot over a malignant bigot***

Oct 29, 2019, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Do you think that I believe you know reality ]

"everything on the record" includes EVERYTHING

Oct 29, 2019, 10:10 AM

so far all we have are leaks of "evidence" that supports Dem accusations.

is that like the "evidence" that Schiff saw that CONFIRMED to him Russia collusion?

Also, believe it or not, in an open hearing witnesses can be cross examined. Defense witnesses can be subpoenaed.

And yes, it is a political football. The Republicans, for whatever reason, think this is the best play. The Democrats, for whatever reason, now think its their best play as well.

So what happens when he is impeached, a trial is held in the senate and he is NOT removed and then in 2020 he is reelected? Will the Democrats impeach him again? They have been trying this for 3 years and the Amerian people are tired of the BS.

I’m not tired of the BS. I support it if the evidence is there.

Oct 29, 2019, 12:48 PM

As for your question about the Dems impeaching him again if he is re-elected- doubt you can impeach someone twice for the same alleged crime. Plus, no one would. Now maybe (probably) he does something else to get impeached over.

If impeachment falls strictly along political lines it is...

Oct 29, 2019, 3:02 PM

unjustified. There are sins that cause voters to reject a candidate. There are crimes for which people are arrested. There are 'high crimes and misdemeanors,' for which presidents are impeached.

If there was a high crime the pubs would have no choice but to remove Trump from office. If there were high crimes I would approve of removing him.

I’m not tired of the BS. I support it if the evidence is there.

Oct 29, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to "everything on the record" includes EVERYTHING ]

As for your question about the Dems impeaching him again if he is re-elected- doubt you can impeach someone twice for the same alleged crime. Plus, no one would. Now maybe (probably) he does something else to get impeached over.

Dems have been marching people into a closed room...

Oct 29, 2019, 10:24 AM

which has no cameras or microphones, asking them for their opinion on a phone call which everyone who cares has read. Then the dems leak what fits the their political opinion.

No one has moved the goal post. The constitution gives the power to impeach (bring charges against) the POTUS to The House of Representatives. So far only the majority party is willing to impeach yet 'The House of Representatives,' has not addressed impeachment.

Dem representatives are not The House of Representatives, they are the democrat party and this fits exactly into what Hamilton sought to avoid in Federalist 65.

"... A well-constituted court for the trial of impeachments is an object not more to be desired than difficult to be obtained in a government wholly elective. The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself.

The prosecution of them, for this reason, will seldom fail to agitate the passions of the whole community, and to divide it into parties more or less friendly or inimical to the accused. In many cases it will connect itself with the pre-existing factions, and will enlist all their animosities, partialities, influence, and interest on one side or on the other; and in such cases there will always be the greatest danger that the decision will be regulated more by the comparative strength of parties, than by the real demonstrations of innocence or guilt..."

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed65.asp

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Re: Dems have been marching people into a closed room...

Oct 30, 2019, 10:04 PM

Good god almighty, you have to start getting your facts right. ALL memebers of the 3 committees holding the 'closed' hearings are eligible to be there and involved, that include ALL Republican members of those committees as well. Well over 40 Reps. have been in these hearings since the beginning, they have as much right to question each witness as the Dems do. And they have been questioning them. That's why the big argument from Reps isn't substance but about process.
The Constitution doesn't require a house vote to 'begin' investigating impeachment evidence but the Reps have insisted on it it because there's no way to defend a man who's admitted what he did. So they've argued process.

Well, they're going to get their vote on Thursday and the house will approve moving forward with impeachment proceedings. And you know what the Reps will do? For lack of any substantive argument they're going to attack the credibility of the witnesses....never trumpers, deep state, born in Ukraine in spite of earning a purple heart fighting for our country and actually be so valuable as to have been CHOSEN to work at the White House in one of the most sensitive areas. It's already started.

You wouldn't stand for that crap from Dems but you seem to encourage among the Reps. Who you for, the party or the country. Our President is corrupt and he got caught. Get over it and join the right side of history.

You might consider piercing that hate/libs/hate/dems veil and have a look around at some facts. Otherwise you'll continue to fall for the "we had to break into the secret room" Stunt that Reps tried to push on the public...incredibly, some people bought it. This, in spite of some of the people "breaking" into the hearing were already allowed in becuase they sit on the committees.

Gezus tomatoes, you might want to look at your hatred too my friend. It's clouding you most basic common sense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will try and move the goalposts again***

Oct 29, 2019, 3:51 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 636
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic