Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Demeaned
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Demeaned

Dec 22, 2018, 12:03 PM

Is our brand demeaned because a 17-18 year old doesn't buy into our values? Of course not.

Teenagers make these very important choices weighing, in their minds, different criteria than we.

So, sometimes it's a single connection made at another school that impressed them; sometimes, they realize that they don't quite fit with the culture; sometimes, it's a girl; sometimes they're put off by the level of competition or likelihood that they'll have to wait their turn to play; and occasionally, it's for the wrong reasons - - but it's their choice and they have to live in the world they create.

You'd think that we'd understand carefully vetting the options and making choices based on "the best fit."

I say, good for you Mr. Crouch. Maybe we'll have the opportunity to beat you down the road somewhere.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Demeaned

Dec 22, 2018, 12:07 PM

“Maybe we'll have the opportunity to beat you down the road somewhere.”

Extremely unlikely. We have no OOC games scheduled and we don’t travel in the same postseason circles as the Vols.

Maybe a hurricane make-up game? They could be our Akron.

Dec 22, 2018, 12:37 PM

Not sure about how smart Crouch is. Tennessee for Clemson?? In checking all the major services, I couldn't find Tennessee ranked in the top 25 in any of them! Something rotten in the state of Denmark? Again, I wouldn't trade Melussi for 2 Crouches. I predict that they (Tennessee) will falter forward to another desultory season. What was their record for this past season? Must have been pretty bad. People on their site complaining. So glad Fulmer's not our coach.

Dec 22, 2018, 1:04 PM

Then you didn't look very hard... they are top 15 on espn recruiting

Dec 22, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Demeaned ]

Also had to play Vanderbilt in last game for bowl eligibility and got embarrassed last year... I for one hope they get better than the coots so they return to being the cellar dwellers everyone knows they truly are.

I remember the Game at UT in '74

Dec 22, 2018, 12:43 PM

We coulda, shoulda, woulda won... that would have been huge! Now, I wouldn't trade places for anything (including never losing to Scar in any sport ever, 'cause we're pretty close to that anyway). Speaking of coulda, shoulda, woulda, I suspect Mr. Crouch will look back and realize he coulda, shoulda, woulda been a Tiger.

His loss.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic