Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Defund the media. We don't need their protection.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Defund the media. We don't need their protection.

Jun 7, 2020, 10:53 AM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Defund the media. We don't need their protection.

Jun 7, 2020, 10:59 AM

Exactly....if we did away with all this fake news crap going on today a lot of our problems would be solved....they are useless just like teats on a boar hog....Go Tigers!!!!

Jun 7, 2020, 11:02 AM

Morons.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Defund the media. We don't need their protection. ]

Dont watch, tell the sponsors of the offenders why you're not doing business w them, makeup your own mind on some issues. It isnt rocket science

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All you can do is not watch, or steer clear of their

Jun 7, 2020, 11:10 AM

advertisers. Can also support news outlets that are unbiased, if such a thing exists.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 11:25 AM

I think most people would be a lot happier if they just turned the news off all together. I am really not sure why you all watch that crap if it just gets you all riled up to begin with.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 12:08 PM

Agree. I don’t want to see any of this stuff in anyway on Amazon Prime for example: But you can’t get away from it there either.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 11:34 AM

They’re all private companies; not watching is how you defund them.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:34 AM

They keep pushing the lie that tear gas was used in certain situatons. Yes it’s been used.
When they moved the protesters away from the church, tear gas was not used. Now they are using the term “chemical irritants”. Not sure pepper spray is labeled as that? As Rudy Giuliani said, once the first brick is thrown, it is not a peaceful protest. You can agree or disagree with that of course. Are they simply mistaken or is it just bad reporting?

Jun 7, 2020, 11:41 AM

Lying in journalism has lost its consequences.

Lying equals more clicks and more viewers; which in turn leads to more money.

So now they lie all the time.

People believe said lies then get worked up about it. Basically corporate funded sensationalization on whatever political belief they want and it drives more traffic to their news outlets.

That's wrong. We do need the press to protect us and

Jun 7, 2020, 11:38 AM

ask good questions and uncover shenanigans.

We just need them to be better.

I agree in principle, that it is okay to turn it off. The 24-hour news cycle is not healthy for us, the nation, and makes "news" into "entertainment". In my opinion - that is a big reason for the gridlock in Washington and the partisan echo chambers we have today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

My Daughter tells me to stop watching & being influenced by FOX News..

Jun 7, 2020, 11:55 AM

but when I say why don’t you not watch MSNBC, CBS, CNN, etc..she screams at me.

Wouldn’t this be fair play if she played fairly?!

Note: Haven’t seen Fox News any this year since we cut Comcast programming costs by 60% and are down to the leftist PBS program with Judy at 6pm.

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Daughter tells me to stop watching & being influenced by FOX News..

Jun 7, 2020, 12:03 PM

LBB- the MSM hates Trump more than any human I have seen in my lifetime. I’m saying even more than Osama bin Laden, May his soul rest in he!!. Fox is vilified as extreme right because they give Trump a fair shake. Try to stream some of the daytime anchors. If you think they won’t go after DJT or anyone on the right, that is simply not true at all. The programs and hosts on at night are a different story. And I’m ok with some counter to the likes of Don Lemon.

Jun 7, 2020, 12:08 PM

instead of listening to the media, why not read his tweets and listen to the words that come out of his mouth. For most people that is enough to make an informed decision that he is childishly incompetent and a petty buffoon.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 12:16 PM

Jun 7, 2020, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: My Daughter tells me to stop watching & being influenced by FOX News.. ]

Why is it wrong to compare Trumps tweets and words to Biden’s? Even when he was mentally all there, didn’t he complement Obama for being articulate? Fairly simple question? Yes or no?

You DO Need Their Protection

Jun 7, 2020, 11:56 AM

Democracies die in the dark. Examples: Turkey, Iran, Hungary, almost everywhere in Asia. We could do without the 24-hour cable comment stream masquerading as new, though. That ain't news. Support your local paper, even if you don't like it.Who else is going to tell you whose hand is in your pocket, and where your sales, property and fuel tax money is going? The loss of ad revenue to the internet is responsible for a lot of the suck in modern media: Real reporting takes resources, i.e., money. Your papers will get better if they can prosper. TV news, too, to some extent. The short-attention-span-theater nature of the broadcast medium militates against serious in-depth reporting, but sometimes real work beyond covering wrecks and fires does get done. Your local media is where the rubber really hits the road, and you don't want to lose them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, the problem is that the people who actually

Jun 7, 2020, 12:17 PM

DO fund the media are getting exactly what they've paid for.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic