Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on the last drive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

My thoughts on the last drive

Sep 9, 2019, 10:21 AM

As I was watching the last drive, I really didn't have a problem with the situation.

First, when we started our last drive, I was expecting us to either score, or more likely run out the clock and take a knee in the red zone.

After the interception, and after watching the intensity of the first few plays, I knew A&M would try to score.

Besides the potential for a starter or key player getting injured, and since the game was decided, I thought the last drive offered something for both teams. A&M, I assume, was using the drive as a way to get experience for a last second drive when you need a TD to win. I assumed the same for our D, that they were using this as a game situation of trying to stop a score in the last minutes.

Either way, I don't have a problem with it, I don't think it was classless, and I'll feel the same way when we are getting our backups game experience up by 30 in the 4th. I believe that will happen a lot this year.

Go Tigers and get hydrated for that loud, hot, key jangling Carrier Dome.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. You play hard for 60 min. Win or Lose***

Sep 9, 2019, 10:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do wonder if it was maybe more about Jimbo and less about

Sep 9, 2019, 10:36 AM

improving his team, but agree...you can never expect a team to just quit. I hated it, due to some of the significant streaks on the line, but did not have a problem with it. And we definitely learned a few things from our last possession and theirs. We had a chance to stop them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely didn't think it was classless. Not very smart IMO

Sep 9, 2019, 10:27 AM

when your whole team was dropping like flies. Of course, Mond was not very good so maybe Jimbo didn't care if he got hurt.

Re: Definitely didn't think it was classless. Not very smart IMO

Sep 9, 2019, 10:41 AM

It looked to me like the SEC officials wanted an A&M touchdown just as bad as Jimbo .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts on the last drive

Sep 9, 2019, 10:45 AM

The personal foul call to keep the drive alive was very questionable.

Sep 9, 2019, 11:21 AM

I agree. I know they are trying to protect the knees and lower legs of the QB. But for the QB to jump up and get hit a the knees that was pushing it. had he not jumped on that pass then he is hit clearly in the thighs or mid section. making it a legal hit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My only thoughts on it are that I don't like it when a

Sep 9, 2019, 11:07 AM

"meaningless" last score on the field totally flips the s-cript for the gamblers. It also made the game appear closer than it really was. I was hoping for a 31-3 final score, which would have been much more indicative of the level of domination.

Siriously? S-cript is a banned word?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My only thoughts on it are that I don't like it when a

Sep 9, 2019, 12:18 PM

We dominated them, but I wouldn't say we dominated on the level of a 28 point win. We finished with less than 400 yards of offense, and outgained them by 100 yards. That's a solid win, but I wouldn't say that it reflected a 28 point win.

They cut the yardage difference

Sep 9, 2019, 12:34 PM

In half on that last drive, while running out the clock. It was on the level of a 28 point win, regardless the score. Same as the Natty game was on par with a 35 point win, regardless the score. A knee changes nothing...and sometimes, neither does a TD.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely agree - we should have stopped them, they are

Sep 9, 2019, 11:13 AM

trying to improve - they lost but were working for the future.

Our job to pitch NO TD game.

null

Sep 9, 2019, 12:26 PM

It wasn't classless, and people who are upset about it should just be honest with themselves and admit they just wanted us to win by as many points as possible. I'm not saying it's wrong to feel that way, because I wanted us to make the stop, and we as fans always want our team to win by as much as possible.

I'm sure that score gives the A&M coaches something positive to use for the team, and build their confidence back up by telling them that's what they're capable of doing. It might sound meaningless, but their program is at a different place than ours is currently. They're trying to get to where we are, and any examples they can use to build up the confidence of the team has to help. Remember, they still have several big games left on their schedule, and ending the game on a positive could make a lot of difference.

No way were they going to drive all that way down the field, and then explain to their players that they were going to take a knee at the end because Clemson deserved to win the game by the current score margin. If that last drive didn't matter at all then we wouldn't have brought back in so many starters to try and stop them.

More odd than classless

Sep 9, 2019, 12:57 PM

They got the ball with plenty of time to try and go fast and hope for a quick score and some onside miracles. They went at the pace of a tied game in the first quarter. It was like they were playing for a moral victory way too early

high saturday in Syracuse is 76, lower by kickoff I am sure***

Sep 9, 2019, 12:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic