Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone here think IU has a shot to upset OSU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Anyone here think IU has a shot to upset OSU?

Nov 18, 2020, 10:58 AM

Would love to see an upset like that! They've been a great "Cinderella story" this year, but who knows how good the B1G is, still, with as bad as UM and PSU seem to be (I think both were pre-season top 10).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone

Nov 18, 2020, 11:04 AM

Re: Anyone here think IU has a shot to upset OSU? NO!

Nov 18, 2020, 11:07 AM

Not at all. They will get blown out in fact.
Indiana has not beaten a team with a winning record I do not believe. Their best win was against Penn State or more appropriate 0-4 Penn State.

The dress gets pulled back this week to reveal "stems and berries" instead of "sugar and spice and everything nice"! Indiana get exposed! Impostor!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even the Big 10 Hype Machine won't touch this!

Nov 18, 2020, 11:11 AM

They aren't trying to put it on prime time - because they know what's about to happen! Can you imagine the big 10 league office if Indiana is the Big 10 east champion? They would all probably jump out a window or something! Then - Northwestern is your west champ! Would make for "watch paint dry over our championship game TV"!

It will be a blow out!

Nov 18, 2020, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone here think IU has a shot to upset OSU? NO! ]

Not disagreeing with you but, Penn State is also OSU's best win, granted OSU did beat the pedos more easily than the hoosiers.

Nov 18, 2020, 11:19 AM

Not disagreeing with you but, Penn State is also OSU's best win, granted OSU did beat the pedos more easily than the hoosiers.

True!

I'd be shocked...but they will score some points***

Nov 18, 2020, 11:11 AM

I should add...

Nov 18, 2020, 11:12 AM

it wont be 56-7 but more like 42-20.

Re: I should add.... . game time is NOON!

Nov 18, 2020, 11:18 AM

"This is a Noon kickoff for a top 10 game"! The fact it didn't get flexed to a Saturday night prime time game tells it all!

My game score prediction: Ohio State 56 - Indiana 14

Nope

Nov 18, 2020, 11:21 AM

IU is not a legit top ten team ...
Huge talent differential between the Hoosiers and Buckeyes ...

Expect a blowout ...

Nope

Nov 18, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I should add.... . game time is NOON! ]

IU is not a legit top ten team ...
Huge talent differential between the Hoosiers and Buckeyes ...

Expect a blowout ...

Definitely

Nov 18, 2020, 11:27 AM

They're a 21 point underdog. And that seems about right. But upsets happen. Oklahoma was a 28 point favorite against K-State, and they crapped the bed (4 turnovers!). Indiana was an underdog against PSU and Michigan and easily covered. In fact, they're 4-0 against the spread.

They have a chance. That's why they're going to play the game. But, I wouldn't bet on them winning outright even though that moneyline bet would be at +710.

This game reminds me of Clemson - Miami. Clemson was favored but Miami had a shot. In the end, the talent gap was just too big to overcome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Definitely

Nov 18, 2020, 11:23 PM

Biggest chance for an upset comes from Turnovers...as you said.

More specifically, from Turnovers from inexperienced skill position players.

Ohio St has lots of experience in their skill positions, and IU isn’t exactly the Clemson Tigers ball hawking in their secondary, so I’d put 2 as the Buckeyes’ max in turnovers. Bucks aren’t rushing the ball as well as usual, and the lines aren’t as solid as usual yet, so they won’t dominate the Hoosiers. (Same diagnosis as us.)

Since OSU isn’t going to give the game away, IU will have to earn it. My guess is the Bucks fail to cover but win the game.

Re: Anyone here think IU has a shot to upset OSU?

Nov 18, 2020, 11:55 AM

When Indiana started creeping up the rankings and T-law missed time with COVID i told a Clemson friend of mine that this is set up perfectly for Indiana to maintain a lead for most of the game and Fields to put the game on his back to win and solidify the Heisman win

Nov 18, 2020, 12:03 PM

When Indiana started creeping up the rankings and T-law missed time with COVID i told a Clemson friend of mine that this is set up perfectly for Indiana to maintain a lead for most of the game and Fields to put the game on his back to win and solidify the Heisman win

Fields will be ( should be but R. Day is a loser ) out the game by the middle of the 3rd qtr against Indiana.
Two separate levels of talent. They have won the games they needed to; but some have been grinds. They have no shot in this contest!

Nov 18, 2020, 12:04 PM

Thus to the point - Fields won't get that Heisman come back win moment you suggested.

GO IU***

Nov 18, 2020, 12:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 12:43 PM

yes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 3:25 PM

No

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic