Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball Update: Clemson Baseball Recruiting ranked in Top #20
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Baseball Update: Clemson Baseball Recruiting ranked in Top #20

Oct 22, 2013, 3:39 PM

Clemson Baseball Recruiting ranked in Top #20

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball Update: Clemson Baseball Recruiting ranked in Top #20

Oct 22, 2013, 3:53 PM

16th in the country, 3rd in the ACC. Not gonna get it done Jack.

It's a small class, that does matter.***

Oct 22, 2013, 7:55 PM

Hopefully there's some good hitters in there

Oct 22, 2013, 4:02 PM

we need some pop in the bats!

The "pop" left the bats after 2010...

Oct 22, 2013, 7:58 PM

I wish some people weren't so dense.

Question....

Oct 22, 2013, 8:20 PM

why do you have to be such a smartazz all the time. The poster made a simple statement and I am pretty sure 99.999% of us knew what he meant. There was no need for your dense comment.

And then you wonder why people, as you say,"pick on you".

GROW UP!! You are probably the most childish person on this board.

I'm not being a "smart anything"...

Oct 22, 2013, 8:32 PM

I'm tired of uninformed "fans" obsessing over home runs. Power numbers are down THROUGHOUT college baseball and anybody with half a brain knows that. College baseball is likely to go to the minor league ball for 2015, a change Jack Leggett has been pushing for a while, and that should bring some offense back into the game that was taken out with the BBCOR bats.

lol...

Oct 22, 2013, 8:38 PM

and you called him dense. Anyone with half a brain knows that the poster meant better hitters and not the bat.

Define "better hitters"...

Oct 22, 2013, 9:11 PM

and do you know ANYTHING about any of the freshmen? Can you name 4 of the 9? Like I said before, the "pop" left the game after the 2010 season. If by "better hitters" he (or you) mean "power hitters" then you have to redefine the term. The days of 20+ home run seasons by one player are largely over. And yes, one guy hit 31 homers last season, but one player does not a trend make.

Re: Define "better hitters"...

Oct 22, 2013, 10:11 PM

well, no I can't name all of the freshmen, but I am sure you can. I bet you even know their jock size.

By better hitter, I mean someone that is fairly consistant at the plate. That pop in the bat does not always mean power hitter. It can also mean someone that does not hit the ball right to the infield players. Consistant base hitters, imo, are players with pop in the bat as well as power hitters. I think the pop is how the ball comes off the bat when hit, not always equating to a HR, but getting the ball out of the infield for base hits or mutilple base hits.

I am sure you will tell me I am wrong. So, go ahead and make yourself feel smart by critizing others.

I didn't ask if you could name ALL of the freshmen...

Oct 22, 2013, 10:22 PM

I asked if you could name 4 of them. I know he isn't one of this year's freshmen, but just in case you weren't at Fluor Field last week, Andrew Cox rocketed 2 balls into the gap in the deepest park of that park, the 420 sign. They would have been home runs in any other park (well, except Fenway). Fortunately, Clemson returns 8 starting position players and 4 starting pitchers from the 2013 team, so the freshmen won't need to be major contributors right away. One of the best pitchers on the team is a guy that sat out last year, and that's Jake Long. And I knew you'd make some nasty comment about me and I was right.

congrats...

Oct 22, 2013, 10:34 PM

you were right with you last sentence.

Makes him feel like more of a man***

Oct 23, 2013, 2:41 AM [ in reply to I didn't ask if you could name ALL of the freshmen... ]

Uninformed is blaming our low HR #s on the new bats

Oct 23, 2013, 3:26 AM [ in reply to I'm not being a "smart anything"... ]

Of course HRs are down across the board with the new bats but our numbers are way down compared to everyone else.

We were 123rd in the nation with 22 hrs. Compare that to GT, VT, UNC, UVA, and FSU with 58, 55, 49, 43, and 35 Hrs respectively. Those are big differences. Splits aren't much different with a lot of those teams home and away too.

I myself am not a homer happy guy. I believe a balanced lineup is best to have top to bottom, but you do need a couple sluggers to fill the middle of the lineup. That would enable to move our middle order guys to spots that better suit them. This would really help our lineup to drive in some runs. That's been plaguing us of late. A couple ACC teams almost doubled us up in RBIs last year.

Can will win with out HRs? Of course we can, but it makes our margin of error that much smaller and would once again give us a hole versus some of our opponents.

I think you're being a little naive or maybe just ignorant to say that we're just fine when it comes to our power numbers. It's ok to say we need to improve in certain areas and it doesn't mean the program is collapsing or that we need to fire Jack.

Just go back and last year's stats of other teams

Oct 23, 2013, 3:48 AM

Don't even worry about the rest of the nation, just look at the ACC teams, esp those tourney teams. Look at the guys hitting in the heart of their lineups compared to ours.

Look at the slugging %, the total bases, the rbis. We don't have those kind of power guys. Some with multiple guys hitting anywhere from 11-17 HRs. Teams with up to 4-7 players with 100+ total bases. Teams with multiple guys slugging over .500, some well over .600. Lots of guys with 50+ rbis.

We had 1 guy top 100 total bases. Our top HR hitter had 8. We only had 1 other guy get barely more than half that. Nobody slugged .500. Nobody had more than 45 rbis.

Boulware is the only one that comes close. You can't put the whole offense on one's guys shoulders though or you get, well, last year's offense.

It's not like we're talking about 20-25 hr guys, but we obviously missing some pop in our lineup. Numbers never lie and there's a lot of them saying that other teams are getting a lot more than we are offensively. Why does it hurt to want that?

Re: Yes, you do. That two and three run blast will win you

Oct 27, 2013, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Uninformed is blaming our low HR #s on the new bats ]

some ball games. Others are winning with power.

I told y'all Dabo was good!!! Oh, wait.....***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:06 PM

null

do they even know they have to play Famous Jameis too?***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but we can intentionally hit him. Something our

Oct 22, 2013, 4:20 PM

football team failed to do.

null

Re: Yeah, but we can intentionally hit him. Something our

Oct 22, 2013, 5:52 PM

One of the best comments I've seen here in several days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Baseball played him first.***

Oct 22, 2013, 7:56 PM [ in reply to do they even know they have to play Famous Jameis too?*** ]

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic