Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Defensive Line 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Defensive Line 2019

Nov 5, 2018, 1:43 PM

XT starts at DE. Who will be the other 3 starters if Big Dex decides to go pro.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Foster, Pickney, Williams***

Nov 5, 2018, 1:48 PM

KJ Henry***

Nov 5, 2018, 1:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

XT will dominate the snaps at his end spot

Nov 5, 2018, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Foster, Pickney, Williams*** ]

Pinckney and Williams are spot on. Then the other side will probably be some combo of Foster, Rudolph, Henry

Re: XT will dominate the snaps at his end spot

Nov 5, 2018, 2:29 PM

Ditto

Re: Foster, Pickney, Williams***

Nov 5, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Foster, Pickney, Williams*** ]

I’m hoping Huggins comes back for one more.
Be nice to see Xavier Kelly start to step up, as well. I do believe Rudolph will emerge next year as a beast.

Re: Foster, Pickney, Williams***

Nov 5, 2018, 3:03 PM

Isn't Huggins a true Sr?

Yes, Huggy is out of eligibility after this season***

Nov 5, 2018, 3:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: Defensive Line 2019

Nov 5, 2018, 1:52 PM

I heard we are in good shape with a 5 star D.Lineman... Is that true ?

I don’t think so

Nov 5, 2018, 1:54 PM

Maybe you’re thinking of Crouch who’s a LB. Tyler Davis is a 4* DT who we’re in good shape for. Same mold as Grady

Re: I don’t think so

Nov 5, 2018, 1:57 PM

Thanks

Nov 5, 2018, 2:10 PM

Even if we suffer some defensive letdown in 2019 who is gonna outscore us,next years offense may be our best ever.

Nov 5, 2018, 2:20 PM

Right.

That's why reestablishing the offensive firepower was so important this year: you can't spend half of 2019 in shootouts hoping your offense can gel quickly enough to outperform your opposition, while having any real confidence in returning to the CFP.

But with an offense relying on almost NO upperclassmen scoring 50+ per game, we know BV will be afforded some time to experiment a little.

Good Dr Frankenstein. The one that's on our side.

It will be great to see what he cooks up after being able to coast through most of 2018.

JK. You know what i mean.

Nov 5, 2018, 2:31 PM

Coach V hasn't had a defense that was out of the top 10 since his first year. He does lose a wealth of talent on the DL next year but the second string with the exception of Huggins will return and they have pretty much been a shutdown defense as well. It isn't until we get down the depth chart that the defense struggles a little. This year has been great letting those guys get some valuable experience that is needed for the future. Clemson will be right in the think of the NC talk this time next year because of the offense that returns and the high expectations that Coach V puts on his team. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Defensive Line 2019 ]

I was thinking the same thing. With the loss of Hyatt (LT), Jackson Carman should fit right in there without much drop off. Falcinelli(C) leaves but Cervenka as played pretty good there as well. Richard (TE) leaves and Galloway may be a better option. That leaves Renfrow leaving. Maybe T.J. Chase or Kendrick taking his place. The Offense will be light years ahead of where they started this year. The only issue is the O-line finding replacements for the 2 taking over starting positions. But the biggest issue is finding that 3rd down WR to replace one of the games best. Go Tigers.

Nov 5, 2018, 2:34 PM

Nice analysis. I like raiding OL from B1G country. Hopefully we can continue that trend. It would be nice to see a current reciever start to show the unbelievable hands of HR so we have that option down the road.

Nov 5, 2018, 3:11 PM

That to me will be our most glaring problem next year. HR has caught a lot of passes and made some catches that if never seen make. The twists that he makes after he's in the air are things that you see in movies. Jordan Leggett had one during the NC drive that was HR like. But that isn't how things are supposed to happen especially when they are already in the air. He'll be missed but Coach Scott will have someone ready to replace him on the Roster. I'm hope to be alive long enough to see HR name and number in the Ring of Honor. He's already gotten 4 NC TD catches and could add more this year. Wouldn't it be great for him to have a couple more against big bad Bama. Another winning catch would be a final straw to a stellar college career. Go Tigers.

Wide Outs 2019

Nov 5, 2018, 3:43 PM

I think the continued development of Amari Rodgers and Braden Galloway will provide some of those 3rd down catches. I also hope that Frank Ladson and Joe Ngata help out with depth like Ross and Kendrick have this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic