Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Dec 9, 2016, 10:25 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

Wow, once again it was never easy with this Tiger football team but back to back ACC Championships is a great

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIL that there are people in this world

Dec 9, 2016, 10:35 AM

who place a lot of importance on the political musings of Mackey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a great mail sack Mackey!

Dec 9, 2016, 10:37 AM

I'd add that Lee and Scott don't seem to understand the Constitution very well or the legislation passed in NC, but whatever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

POTD***

Dec 9, 2016, 1:37 PM

Re: That's a great mail sack Mackey!

Dec 11, 2016, 12:37 PM [ in reply to That's a great mail sack Mackey! ]

probably don't have little girls either.

Deer snowflakes Scott and Lee....

Dec 9, 2016, 10:44 AM

So you're totally against what you perceive as discrimination by the state government, but you're OK with the NCAA(and others) discriminating against fine businesses/people/jobs(who have nothing to do with that piece of legislature) in the state because of that??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Touché. +1***

Dec 9, 2016, 10:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: Deer snowflakes Scott and Lee....

Dec 9, 2016, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Deer snowflakes Scott and Lee.... ]

Don't know why so many people are butthurt on NC's HB2. If you are confused just look between your legs and use the appropriate restroom; if your plumbing aint's correct, STAY OUT.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2016, 3:59 PM

I would prefer that no one check between my legs when I or another does to the bathroom. The NC law would allow law enforcement to do just that. It was a law written to allow law enforcement or security personnel to harass anyone that they thought was dressed differently that the gender on their birth certificate.
Some have had what is between their legs changed, the law would have someone who had changed their gender to use the bathroom of the birth gender. I do not want anyone checking my ######## to see if I am going into the appropriate bathroom nor by birth certificate.

Dec 9, 2016, 4:04 PM

"Harrass?" No, keep the genders separate, yes. More geared towards pedophiles than normal people, but hey, some people just don't get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer snowflakes Scott and Lee.... ]

and I guess you are ok with men going to the bathroom with little girls? Truthfully, the far-left Charlotte mayor created a problem where no one exists.

Dec 9, 2016, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Deer snowflakes Scott and Lee.... ]

There are bigots in all fan bases.

Bigot?? Common sense.***

Dec 9, 2016, 10:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2016, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Deer snowflakes Scott and Lee.... ]

^^^^^^^ This. If you're having a problem deciding which bathroom to go to, ask someone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2016, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Deer snowflakes Scott and Lee.... ]

...it is discrimination; not perceived; when you take away a persons constitutional rights

Dec 13, 2016, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Deer snowflakes Scott and Lee.... ]

my question continues to be when is the acc moving their offices out of greensboro.

I absolutely agree with Lee and Scott on this issue. I agree

Dec 9, 2016, 11:14 PM

the best home for the game was in Charlotte, but I completely agree with the ACC's decision to move the game. Remember, the LGBT community didn't create this, the one term governor of North Carolina did.

If the ACC wants to take on this issue and not have events

Dec 10, 2016, 12:26 AM

in NC, that's fine. But to move the CCG, that was already scheduled & tickets already sold to, was wrong.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I absolutely agree with Lee and Scott on this issue. I agree

Dec 11, 2016, 12:40 PM [ in reply to I absolutely agree with Lee and Scott on this issue. I agree ]

no the mayor of Charlotte did. Created a problem where one didn't exist.

Re: I absolutely agree with Lee and Scott on this issue. I agree

Dec 13, 2016, 9:30 AM [ in reply to I absolutely agree with Lee and Scott on this issue. I agree ]

wrong again. the lib mayor of charlotte started it.

This has bugged me since attending the ACC Championship.

Dec 10, 2016, 4:01 PM

I did not agree with the ACC's reasoning for moving the game from Charlotte. I think Sports should stay out of the political arena. However, I had a personal experience with my wife at the ACC Championship game in Orlando. When she came out of the women's restroom, she and other ladies were upset that four "men" were in the restroom with them.

Security got involved but was essentially powerless. These "men" said they went in that restroom because the line was shorter and they felt feminine. I saw the need for a law that clearly defines restrooms segregated by GOD-given gender to protect our citizens. If someone is confused by that, there is usually a family restroom available.

When the city of Charlotte made their local ordinance forcing businesses to allow men or women to use either restroom, the state of North Carolina responded to protect citizens with HB2. Experiences like what happened at Orlando illustrate the need for laws where common sense once sufficed.

For what it is worth, these "men" were VT fans.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's usually what wmen do. Anyway, I don't believe you***

Dec 10, 2016, 5:18 PM

Who is asking you to believe him? Pass stupid laws and

Dec 10, 2016, 5:24 PM

this is what you get gamecock.

I disagree with the law. I think the law is stupid. I've

Dec 10, 2016, 5:33 PM

stated that. Gamecock?

Re: Who is asking you to believe him? Pass stupid laws and

Dec 10, 2016, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Who is asking you to believe him? Pass stupid laws and ]

LGBT community is less than 1 percent of the entire population of the USA. That means in a stadium of 75k the chance of a LGBT being there and needing to use the restroom is .000267%. Man we live in a stupid country.

Dec 12, 2016, 12:20 PM

Yea; it's stupid to protect the constitutional rights of a minority...

Dec 12, 2016, 7:57 PM

> Yea; it's stupid to protect the constitutional rights
> of a minority...

At the expense of the Constitutional rights of the overwhelming majority? By the way, what article in the Constitution speaks to bathroom access?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2016, 9:23 AM

Paladin89, I will try and keep this simple for you, but that may be tough:

The Equal Protection Clause is part of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. The clause, which took effect in 1868, provides that no state shall deny to any person within its jurisdiction "the equal protection of the laws"..

Now you tell me what Constitutional rights of the "overwhelming majority" are being taken away by allowing transgender people to use the bathroom of their gender choice?

Then maybe you can tell me why you are so full of hate and fear? How about following the teaching of Jesus and 'Love your neighbor as yourself'

Peace,
sbdy

Dec 13, 2016, 8:53 PM

Thanks for making my point. Although, I find it funny you actually tried to find restroom language in the Constitution. What is unequal about having men use the Men's Room and women using the Ladies' Room? It seems to me a lady could make a case that the Equal Protection Clause applies in having a safe place to use the restroom without someone of the opposite sex sitting beside her.

Wow! I have given you a lot to think about. I am sure you must think this is all "crazy talk". I do not expect to convince you to change your position. There was a time in our society not too long ago it would be ridiculous to suggest men have a right to use the ladies' room and vice versa. Times change. Not all change is good. Our country has lost its moral compass and we are in a state of confusion.

Helpful hint: If you cannot make a logical argument, insult the other person's intelligence and accuse them of being hateful and fearful. Oh wait, you have that Alinsky tactic already checked off.

Thank you in advance for the love and tolerance.

From a math side, the "<1%" would apply to the 75k, so <750

Dec 13, 2016, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Who is asking you to believe him? Pass stupid laws and ]

would be the number.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why would you not believe him.....

Dec 13, 2016, 9:03 PM [ in reply to That's usually what wmen do. Anyway, I don't believe you*** ]

I have seen that happen in the town where I live. And it was by some high school boys trying to be funny. But they said they had to right to use either restroom. Now being in SC, they broke the law, but nothing was done to them.

And people like those kids and the many perverts out there is going to happen a lot. If I am in a restroom with my grand daughter and it happens, I just might feel manly and knock the crap out of them.

But to call him a liar without any proof is just wrong

And what do you mean by that is usually what women do?

All men at the game should have used the opposite bathroom

Dec 13, 2016, 12:02 PM [ in reply to This has bugged me since attending the ACC Championship. ]

and all women the men's room.

THATS WHY THE DAMM GAME WAS IN ORLANDO IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!1!11!!1!!1

If Swoffy wanted people to use the proper bathroom, he would have left it in Charlotte.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic