Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 227
| visibility 1

Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for

Sep 19, 2017, 1:06 PM

As you recall one of the Clemson Trustees asked Dabo during his interview if he could make Clemson like Michigan or Alabama, seen as elite programs. He said that instead he wanted everyone to want to be like Clemson.

Well folks I think Dabo has achieved another goal. I have seen so many posts on boards recently where they essentially are saying they wish they were like Clemson. Even the national media are beginning to realize we have cracked the code on Elite.

I for one am thankful and gladly attribute much of our success to Dabo being Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Herman mentioned being like Clemson

Sep 19, 2017, 1:29 PM

in his first Texas presser

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would love to see that clip. Incredible.***

Sep 19, 2017, 1:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Herman mentioned being like Clemson

Sep 19, 2017, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Herman mentioned being like Clemson ]

Hermann and Meyer visited the year after losing to us in the Orange Bowl .
That's a classic model being ogled by the old girls they've replaced .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for

Sep 19, 2017, 1:33 PM

Does Clemson win a trophy for being considered 'elite'.

no, we are considered elite because we win trophies

Sep 19, 2017, 1:35 PM

you wouldn't understand

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies

Sep 19, 2017, 1:36 PM

You are missing the point. Some of you guys never stop talking about being considered elite and a'blueblood'. They only give trophies on a season basis and a program doesn't have to be considered elite to win it all.

Yep. The #### floppers are elite BECAUSE you have no trophies.

Sep 19, 2017, 1:37 PM

Brilliant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Yep. The #### floppers are elite BECAUSE you have no trophies.

Oct 1, 2017, 8:55 PM

Elite is as elite does.
- gump

Sep 19, 2017, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

Clemson isn't considered "elite." Clemson IS elite because we win trophies on an annual basis. Major bowl games, conference titles, a national title. Every year.

Sep 19, 2017, 1:41 PM

You obviously don't understand what 'every' means. Clemson has 1 natty since 1981 and 3 ACC titles since early 90s. That's not 'every' year, is it? I get you are a SuperFan but you obviously get carried away.

Sep 19, 2017, 1:42 PM

I'd love to know which team you root for, because unless it's Alabama you don't have a leg to stand on.

Sep 19, 2017, 1:44 PM

I am a Clemson grad. Most the people who attack me on here and assert that I am not a Clemson fan didn't even attend Clemson.

Clemvegas = Marlborocountycoot

Sep 19, 2017, 2:09 PM

fno

Funny. I've never met many trolls on here who were not an alum.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

Coincidence? I think not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny. I've never met many trolls on here who were not an alum.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:39 PM

I think most of the obnoxious Clemson SuperFans on here did not actually attend Clemson. They are sidewalk fans who treat Clemson like a NFL team.

CU81 here...

Sep 19, 2017, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

.... let's see, rock defender, handfull of posts, pulse of 20.... hmmm.... if it acts like a chicken; clucks like a chicken; and smells like a chicken, it PROBABLY is a chicken... although, if it comes on tnet to troll a successful program, it's not a chicken - it's a coot.

hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: CU81 here...

Sep 19, 2017, 4:39 PM

most of that is I didn't support firing Brownell and the 'correct' opinion on this forum if Brownell should be fired. You think for yourself on here you won't have a high pulse.

Re: CU81 here...

Sep 19, 2017, 4:40 PM

Another part of it is I debated some liberals on some non-football topics and liberals like to downvote conservatives. #Triggered

The obnoxious Auburn fan sitting behind me durring that game

Sep 19, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

was a Clemson grad too. Being a graduate does not always equal being a fan. I am both. It appears that you are not.

Re: The obnoxious Auburn fan sitting behind me durring that game

Sep 19, 2017, 5:38 PM

Ok, so who made you the decider of who the real fans are.

Re: The obnoxious Auburn fan sitting behind me durring that game

Sep 19, 2017, 5:38 PM [ in reply to The obnoxious Auburn fan sitting behind me durring that game ]

I don't think people got to be like you , say things that you do, to be a Clemson fan.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

Chickens can't stand on only one leg , but I see seagulls do it all the time so I have to assume , based on my observations ...that even a fish gut slurping flying rat is stronger than a Coot .

It's science to me.

DB23

Sep 19, 2017, 3:12 PM

I don't think people who say things like 'coot' know much about science.

I have RCT's published in science journals, coot

Sep 19, 2017, 3:53 PM

Present at 2-3 research symposiums per year. Just because I see you as a coot, it does not make me any less credible whenever it comes to the scientific method.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

poor ruffled feathers #### fan.....***

Sep 19, 2017, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Sep 19, 2017, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

Elite means you consistently win double digit games, recruit at a high level, win championships, win multiple major bowls and consistently finish high in the final rankings for a period of at least 3-5 years. Sorry coot but Clemson can check off all the boxes. Only about three other schools can currently be considered elite.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

Perhaps read what he wrote, coot. He said they win trophies every year. In each of the last six years they either won the conference, a bowl game (mostly major bowls), or National Championships. In the seventh year they are on pace to play for another National Championship.

Oct 1, 2017, 9:36 PM

Another redneck sidewalk fan calling me, a Clemson alumni, a 'coot' because I said past trophies don't mean anything this season. Teams don't get a trophy this year for winning a trophy in past seasons.

Let me guess your response "You coot'.

Oct 2, 2017, 5:55 AM

LOL I'm from New Jersey, so no I'm not a redneck you DB coot. Also you said NOTHING about past trophies meaning anything this season. You questioned the guy on his premise that Clemson is elite because they win a conference, bowl, or national championship trophy every year. Your retort that Clemson has only won a single national championship and 3 conference titles is an obvious sign that not only are you a coot troll, but your not even good at trolling. Is there anything that you coots do well? Pump gas? Can you even handle that?

Oct 2, 2017, 8:47 PM

Jersey trash are some of the biggest rednecks in the country. lol

Clemson hasn't won a bowl, conference championship, or national championship 'every' year. You don't appear to understand what the word every means. History didn't start a few years ago.

'coot coot coot coot' redneck sidewalk fan who didn't attend Clemson

Oct 2, 2017, 10:40 PM

I have a BS and Masters from Clemson you hillbilly coot.

When calling out rednecks in the future perhaps reference this map. Notice that NJ ranks 50th in redneck population. Now get back to your single wide and practice your whittling and banjo playing before you go back to work for the early shift at the gas station.

He didn't say we win national or conference titles every

Oct 2, 2017, 12:55 AM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

Year. He said we, as in Clemson, win trophies every year, which we do. I know your coots have already given up on winning anything 6 games into the season again, but why come on here and spew that nitpicking, trolling bs? Best of luck winning the worst conference half in the FBS.

Re: He didn't say we win national or conference titles every

Oct 2, 2017, 8:49 PM

coot coot coot coot

What is the difference b/t u and a 'coot' if you think about SC all the time.

Sep 19, 2017, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

So what exactly is your point? Are you trying to say that best shouldn't be the standard, that we should do just enough to win but nothing more?

Sep 19, 2017, 1:47 PM

I'm saying programs don't get trophies for being elite. I think MSU could win the natty this year and they aren't considered elite. The best teams change from season to season.

I also don't understand why you feel the need to repeat slogans like 'best is the standard'. lol

You really think MSU could win the natty??

Sep 19, 2017, 1:50 PM

Why? Because they beat a once again overrated ls-who team??

LOLOL

your feathers are showing...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: You really think MSU could win the natty??

Sep 19, 2017, 1:51 PM

So beating down LSU is proof that they can win the natty? If there is a chance they can get to the playoffs, then they can win it all.

Do you think there are any good teams in the country other than Clemson and I assume Alabama?

Re: You really think MSU could win the natty??

Sep 19, 2017, 1:52 PM

Meant to say, beatinng down LSU is proof that they can't win the natty?

I never said they had a chance....you did. and I can only

Sep 19, 2017, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: You really think MSU could win the natty?? ]

assume you're basing that on an unranked msu beating a hapless, overrated lsu this past weekend. Which is laughable.

I do think there are other good teams in the nation. But msu has a 0.000000000001% chance of getting past BAMA to make the playoffs.

Re: I never said they had a chance....you did. and I can only

Sep 19, 2017, 1:56 PM

That's what many people said about Clemson last year. You are only basing that on past history. That's my point, past seasons has no relevance to the current season.

Link to where I said past performance has anything to do

Sep 19, 2017, 1:59 PM

with this year?

Re: Link to where I said past performance has anything to do

Sep 19, 2017, 2:01 PM

If you are talking about being an elite program, you are focused on past seasons.

Hard to believe you went to Clemson.

The convo about msu being a nc contender has nothing to

Sep 19, 2017, 2:04 PM

do with Clemson being an elite program.

Your reading comprehension skills suck.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Link to where I said past performance has anything to do ]

Hard to believe you're a Clemson fan who is hating that others are saying we are elite.

Enjoy it.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:07 PM

My point is you guys don't seem to actually talk about football games, it is just this constant bragging about CLemson 'being elite'. I remember SC fans being the same way, and the dumb redneck LSU, AUburn, Florida, UGA fans on SEC rant always talking about how they elite even though they been mediocre in recent years.

Has Clemson been mediocre or have we been elite?***

Sep 19, 2017, 2:10 PM

Re: Has Clemson been mediocre or have we been elite?***

Sep 19, 2017, 2:12 PM

So if Clemson struggles in future years, is it no longer elite? Let's say it has a great season, a bad season, a mediocre season the next 3 seasons. Is it elite? Or does it have great seasons, bad seasons, and mediocre seasons?

That didn't answer my question did it?

Sep 19, 2017, 2:15 PM

Elite programs sustain success year after year(Like Clemson has).

Elite programs do not have consecutive bad/mediocre seasons. HTH

Re: That didn't answer my question did it?

Sep 19, 2017, 2:16 PM

Ok so if CLemson loses to Va tech and some other teams this year, how will you feel about all your posts about Clemson is elite? Again, you are focused on past seasons. DOesn't have anything to do with this season.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:19 PM

Clemson is elite, so it won't do what you're scenario presents.

Therefore, your question is invalid.

Edit: Also, by being elite over the recent years that has greatly helped our coaches to recruit higher talent (which is continuing this year) which increases the probability of successful seasons moving forward.

^^That is why people want their teams to be elite.

Message was edited by: tiggerz04®

Sep 19, 2017, 2:22 PM

I agree that Clemson has it going right now but do you really think Clemson is never going to have mediocre and bad seasons again? lol That's my point, every program has up and down periods so there is no point is labeling programs elite.

So you don't think there are tiers based on a programs

Sep 19, 2017, 2:24 PM

success or lack thereof?

Sep 19, 2017, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: That didn't answer my question did it? ]

No, teams won't always have elite seasons, however, right now we are at the elite level. Florida was elite 10 years ago, but they've went down hill after a coach left. LSU was sort of elite back in the day when they had a monstrous defense.

Those programs sustained that success over a period of time that they were elite. We are currently at a period of time where we are an elite program. How long will the period last? No one knows, but I've got a pretty good feeling that as long as Dabo is our coach we will have something special here.

Another aspect that hasn't been mentioned: facilities. Right now we have elite level facilities, one of the tops in the nation. That also has helped in getting us where we are today. With that added in are you able to call Clemson elite as of right now?

Deer lowered......you still haven't answered my question....

Sep 19, 2017, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: That didn't answer my question did it? ]

Being an elite program plays into every season. Elite programs get elite players and elite facilities....again, it's not a hard concept to understand.

I don't think we'll lose this year. And the only legit chance of that happening would be in the playoffs to another great team.

Also, your lack of reading comprehension is shining bright yet again....feel free to re-read my previous post which answers your question...

Re: Deer lowered......you still haven't answered my question....

Sep 19, 2017, 2:24 PM

It is spelled 'Dear'. Deer refers to the animal. Pretty sure a Clemson grad can spell dear correctly. Crazy how often I see that word misspelled on this website.

Thank you....***

Sep 19, 2017, 2:25 PM

Sep 19, 2017, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer lowered......you still haven't answered my question.... ]

You probably need to go back and edit your incorrect grammar before you speak about someone's spelling.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:35 PM

Everybody has typos on forums like this but it is obvious numerous people on this forum don't know how to spell dear. That's not a typo. He claimed he went to Clemson and claims that I did not, despite no evidence of that.

It annoys me when fans of Alabama, LSU and other programs claim their program is elite. I remember how annoyed it made when 'coot' fans claimed their program was elite and how their program 'reloads' after losing good players. When I see people bragging about how elite their program is, I want to see that program lose games. Obviously that becomes a problem when it is Clemson fans bragging about my team. lol

Sep 19, 2017, 2:41 PM

You're correct, it was not a typo. He intentionally spelled deer. I don't think you've been on here long enough to understand that, but take things with a grade of slaw so you don't get land blasted.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer lowered......you still haven't answered my question.... ]

Key words on this site are intentionally misspelled to draw out the coots that correct them,
and you just took the bait, Coot!

Sep 19, 2017, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Link to where I said past performance has anything to do ]

Unlike the other teams in your list, Clemson is defending champions and have been to the last TWO championship games.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:33 PM

Going to the last two national championship games is something only two, dare I say it, elite programs can say.

he's just lashing out because his team just lost their

Sep 19, 2017, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Link to where I said past performance has anything to do ]

4th straight to a perennial bottom dweller.

Re: he's just lashing out because his team just lost their

Sep 19, 2017, 2:11 PM

Given you never stop talking about SC< you might as well be a 'coot' fan. Your whole world seems to revolve around SC athletics. Get a life.

link to my world revolving around the coots?

Sep 19, 2017, 2:12 PM

I just call it as I see it and it's pretty clear that you love the ####(s).

Re: link to my world revolving around the coots?

Sep 19, 2017, 2:14 PM

Ok, why don't you quote me saying anything that indicates that I'm a Gamecock fan.

I've talked about things specific to Clemson that no Gamecock fan would have any interest in, like Clemson House being demolished.

Your hatred of Clemson being called 'Elite' is a pretty big

Sep 19, 2017, 2:15 PM

indicator....

Re: Your hatred of Clemson being called 'Elite' is a pretty big

Sep 19, 2017, 2:17 PM

You are such a homer. My point, does Clemson get a trophy for being considered an elite program? If not, why do you guys constantly chant Clemson is elite? Why do you need to label programs blueblood or not?

I've answered your question coot. you just don't like the

Sep 19, 2017, 2:18 PM

answer.

Re: I've answered your question coot. you just don't like the

Sep 19, 2017, 2:20 PM

If you were not allowed to post the word coot on here or accuse people of being coots, you wouldn't have anything to post. I don't understand why anybody would be obsessed with SC.

You've shown your true colors. Just admit to it....***

Sep 19, 2017, 2:22 PM

Sep 19, 2017, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Your hatred of Clemson being called 'Elite' is a pretty big ]

Alabama is considered the Super BlueBlood and little ol Clemson beat them last year. So being the no. 1 blueblood didn't win Bama the game so what is the point in calling them a blueblood.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:21 PM

Did they win the year before? Are they ranked #1 now? Do they have yet another strong recruiting class coming in, helped by their program's status no doubt?

Sep 19, 2017, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I never said they had a chance....you did. and I can only ]

What? Who was saying that last year?

Because the majority of people were predicting a rematch between us and Bama to begin the year.

It honestly sounds like you're just arguing for arguments sake. Elite teams win championships. "Elite" may not carry over from season to season for most teams, but there aren't wild card teams that come out of no where to win. Look at the teams that have won in the playoff era so far: Ohio State, Alabama, and Clemson.

Two of those three teams are squarely on track to get back to the playoffs and if Ohio State beats Penn State and Michigan this year, wins the B1G then you can bet they will be back in. Hell, they got in last year because they were thought to be "elite" by the majority of the country.

You're bringing a knife to a gun fight on this one.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I never said they had a chance....you did. and I can only ]

Deer ClemVegas Still think miss st is a NC contender? LOLOLOLOL

Oct 1, 2017, 4:51 PM

My opinions are based on what happens each week. Most seasons, dominating LSU like that would mean MSU is at least a darkhorse contender. Nobody could have predicted MSU would get blown out two weeks in a row after that.

bandwagoners gonna bandwagon LOLOLOLOL

Oct 1, 2017, 6:38 PM

You still think BAMA lost to LS-who before making the playoffs?

Re: bandwagoners gonna bandwagon LOLOLOLOL

Oct 1, 2017, 8:16 PM

Why do you brown nose Alabama on here? I don't think that I ever said LSU is going to beat Bama. I said I think Bama could lose 2 games this year.

What is my bandwagon? You make a lot of dumb assertions.

Your reading comprehension is absolutely terrible....

Oct 1, 2017, 9:04 PM

Where did I say anything about the ls-who/BAMA game this year? I’m referring to this idiotic statement you made and then doubled down on.

“Bama shouldn't have made playoffs that year after losing to LSU and losing their division,”

You jumped on that MSU bandwagon. Try to keep up....

Oh and I don’t brown nose BAMA. I’ve been a BAMA fan since I was 3. That’s been stated on here many times....

Re: Your reading comprehension is absolutely terrible....

Oct 1, 2017, 9:33 PM

YOu are so dumb. I was talking about the Alabama LSU title game season a few years ago, not this season.

I didn't jump on any bandwagon. I said MSU looks pretty good after the LSU beatdown.

I'd be ok if you just stuck with Alabama and checked out of the CLemson fanbase. You are an obnoxious homer.

oh I know which game you were referring to...and your lack

Oct 1, 2017, 10:05 PM

Of reading comprehension is shining through yet again....you can’t even comprehend what you, yourself wrote.

That game had absolutely zero to do with the playoffs....yet you doubled down when I called you out on it...

Keep telling yourself that, you jumped on that MSU bandwagon like a fat kid on a piece of cake....

As far as being a Clemson fan is concerned....I’m not just a fan, I’m an alum. I’ve got a vested interest in our fine university, do you? Based on what I’ve seen on here, I highly doubt it.

And BTW.....Clemson is “Elite” and keeps proving that every week.

Sep 19, 2017, 1:56 PM [ in reply to I never said they had a chance....you did. and I can only ]

Crazy how much you suck up to Alabama too. I think you might be a 'coot' given your Bama suckup.

LOL. I've been a BAMA fan since I was 3. I just happened to

Sep 19, 2017, 1:58 PM

choose to go to college at Clemson.

When the best teams DON'T change from season to season, they are considered elite.***

Sep 19, 2017, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

null

Re: When the best teams DON'T change from season to season, they are considered elite.***

Sep 19, 2017, 2:00 PM

Clemson hasn't been the best team from season to season across the history of football, neither has Alabama orother programs you call elite. It changes from season to season.

I believe Pitt has like 5 trophies. G Tech has won at least won title.

Are you so dense that you can't discern that there's a

Sep 19, 2017, 2:02 PM

difference between an elite program and an elite season?

Teams that are at or near the top year after year are elite programs....it's not a hard concept to understand.

Re: Are you so dense that you can't discern that there's a

Sep 19, 2017, 2:04 PM

Ok, again, do teams get a trophy for being an 'elite program'?

You guys are always bragging about CLemson being an elite program, I'm just trying to understand what the payoff is.

Do you want to see the payoff....go look at the talent on

Sep 19, 2017, 2:05 PM

your coots team and then compare that to Clemson.

Being an elite program year in and year out makes sure we maintain our place at/near the top.

If you don't understand that, then you are an idiot who doesn't understand collegiate sports....

I love how he/she/it decided to pass over this one....***

Sep 19, 2017, 2:59 PM

Re: I love how he/she/it decided to pass over this one....***

Sep 19, 2017, 3:02 PM

There are several replies that counter every argument "they" had that "they" did not respond to. Instead they said the same thing over and over again and continued to make no sense each time.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:04 PM

Says the hostile guy who thought that I meant a rules violation is illegal from a law standpoint. lol You are the logical one.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:06 PM

Says the guy who wants to win trophies but not if we have to build nice facilities and if the media has to talk nice about us.

You also said, and I quote, "It takes the magic away from it." In no way shape or form did us building the facilities take away from the night we won the National Championship.

I bet you want a really nice car, but don't want to pay for it as well right? It would take the magic away?

Re: Are you so dense that you can't discern that there's a

Sep 19, 2017, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you so dense that you can't discern that there's a ]

Well right now we are an elite program and we got a trophy last season, so, yeah?

With the start of the playoff format elite teams are invited to the playoffs more often than not as well.

The payoff of being an elite program is: more spotlight on your team so more recruits see, more talk in the national media so more recruits see, and an increased brand so that our university flourishes (and more recruits see).

Now that I've answered that, why, as a Clemson fan, are you so against us being considered elite?

God almighty.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you so dense that you can't discern that there's a ]

You are an obtuse Cockfan, or a total ######. I can't tell which.

Re: God almighty.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:09 PM

Yes, I'm a 'coot' because I think it is dumb and pointless to label programs 'elite'.

Re: God almighty.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:11 PM

*Jealous that your team isn't elite.

FTFY this helps

That's a mighty strange thing argue with everyone about

Sep 19, 2017, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: God almighty. ]

...coot

I wouldnt say we are a Blue Blood yet

Sep 19, 2017, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

But I would say we are elite, absolutely.

I think to be a blue blood you have to have a few decades of sustained, elite success with a few championships and you can be considered a blue blood.

If we keep ourselves at this level for another 6-8 years and then after Dabo follow up with another consistent winner 20+ years from now the way Bama, OSU, FSU,USC, Notre Dame, etc have, I would say we are a blue blood.

Re: I wouldnt say we are a Blue Blood yet

Sep 19, 2017, 3:46 PM

A lot of the 'bluebloods' had most of their natties in the segregation era when black players couldnt play, and college football was completely different and had less competitive programs.

Re: I wouldnt say we are a Blue Blood yet

Sep 19, 2017, 3:51 PM

The good thing about playoffs is it makes it harder to win titles based on 'elite' status. For example, Bama shouldn't have made playoffs that year after losing to LSU and losing their division, but they were put in because Bama is 'elite'.

BAMA made the playoffs "after losing to LSU and losing their

Sep 19, 2017, 4:09 PM

division" ??????

I'd love to see evidence of this....

You just further showed, how little you actually know about college football.....

Re: BAMA made the playoffs "after losing to LSU and losing their

Sep 19, 2017, 4:15 PM

Are you saying Bama won their division that year?

I can say with 100% certainty that BAMA has won their

Sep 19, 2017, 4:17 PM

division EVERY single year that they've made the playoffs.

But hey, keep showing your stupidity and lack of actual knowledge.

EDIT: I'm assuming he's probably realized how stupid he is and won't respond to this post either.

Re: I can say with 100% certainty that BAMA has won their

Oct 2, 2017, 9:37 PM

He's talking about the BCS. Dang I agree with him on that

Sep 19, 2017, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

It helps with recruiting vs being a flash in the pan success then falling off the face of the earth...

In other words, you may not win trophies but you may win the commitment of a highly touted recruit. They in turn win you titles.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

You are correct if they are elite losers like USuC! Participation trophies are your only future.

Sorry coot but you would not understand “elite”. It is

Oct 1, 2017, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

not in the cootish universe nor should be in your vocabulary!

Re: Sorry coot but you would not understand “elite”. It is

Oct 1, 2017, 5:17 PM

I actually went to Clemson, unlike most of you hostile 'True Clemson Fans' on here always accusing me of being a 'coot' .

Oct 2, 2017, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies ]

Yeah like a coot would know

How precious. A cocky loser.***

Sep 19, 2017, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: How precious. A cocky loser.***

Sep 19, 2017, 1:39 PM

I assume you are accusing me of being a 'coot' because I think it is silly to talk about a program being elite and a 'blueblood'. I remember many of the 'coot' fans talking the same way a few years ago and their program has struggled since then.

A lot of the programs referred to as bluebloods have struggled in recent years.

No, I was calling you a cocky loser.******

Sep 19, 2017, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: How precious. A cocky loser.*** ]

why be a fan at all if you don't want to talk about your team. Even exaggerate about it. Some of us are just pointing out that statements of other team wanting to model after Clemson may be the basis of an "elite" program.

Its your choice of being a Clemson fan and how that is defined, Just don't get bothered if others want to discuss elite.

1st clue——— Pulse!!***

Oct 1, 2017, 5:15 PM

Sep 19, 2017, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: How precious. A cocky loser.*** ]

why be a fan at all if you don't want to talk about your team. Even exaggerate about it. Some of us are just pointing out that statements of other team wanting to model after Clemson may be the basis of an "elite" program.

Its your choice of being a Clemson fan and how that is defined, Just don't get bothered if others want to discuss elite.

64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.

Sep 19, 2017, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for ]

2012 Atl Div Co-champs, 2012 Peach Bowl over LSU
2013 Orange Bowl Champs over Oh St
2014 Bowl win over Oklahoma
2015 ACC Champs, 2015 Orange Bowl Champs over Oklahoma, national runner up, #2 ranking.
2016 ACC Champs,, 2016 Fiesta Bowl champs with 31-0 dismantling of Oh St, 2016 National Champs

Wins over Bama, Oh St (2), Oklahoma (2), FSU, Lville, Notre Dame, LSU, Auburn and the consistency of winning over 5 yrs with no sign of slowing down inidcate an elite program.

Is it worth mentioning the "Palmetto Bowl?" Seems pretty insignificant, but theres a streak of wins there too.. That said, in all fairness, we won't play The Citadel til later this year.

null

Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.

Sep 19, 2017, 1:58 PM

Nobody is denying all of that is good. MY point is Clemson won't get a trophy for it. Teams only win trophies based on seasons, so why do you guys always talk about Clemson being 'elite'.

What if Clemson struggles and loses some games this year? Is the program still elite?

In that list is a shelf full of trophies. Seems like its not me that doesn't understand.***

Sep 19, 2017, 2:02 PM

null

Re: In that list is a shelf full of trophies. Seems like its not me that doesn't understand.***

Sep 19, 2017, 2:06 PM

I associate trophies with titles. You said Clemson wins trophies every year and obviously it has lost bowl games and not won conference titles and natties in many seasons.

Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

Wont get a trophy but I'd bet it's easier to recruit top talent to elite teams, etc

Sep 19, 2017, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

The point is you don't need a trophy for it. But it will definitely help bring in more trophies. I don't get why you are so butt hurt that we enjoy calling Clemson Football an Elite Program which right now it is and isn't expected to change in the foreseeable future. It brings bragging rights. It helps with recruiting and national recognition and respect. Why wouldn't we want these things in our team? I do think you are arguing for arguments sake so that's probably why so many have tagged you as a coot in this thread. Because you are squaking like one. I don't get what your whining about. Because Clemson doesn't get a trophy for being considered and elite program so we shouldn't label us as that? That sounds like pretty stupid logic. There are many facts and achievements in this world that don't warrant a trophy. Doesn't mean you shouldn't strive to achieve it. Dabo has built an elite program and everyone knows it. It brings us pride to support it. Even logical coots (oxymoron haha) can see it so why are you so hellbent on avoiding the label?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2017, 2:26 PM

You sound obnoxious constantly bragging about Clemson being elite.

I would say that you and other homers are whining because I"m trying to understand why you do this constant bragging about CLemson being elite because it doesn't win games or natties.

spoken like a true coot.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:28 PM

I believe it's called "empty case syndrome"

Sep 19, 2017, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

It's called being a fan. You should try it sometime. What else are fans supposed to do other than watch the game. Bragging about our team is part of being a fan. How do you not understand that and understand why then, we (like EVERYONE else) calls Clemson an elite program? What are you still not understanding?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2017, 2:37 PM

You can be a fan without constantly chanting 'Clemson is elite, Clemson is elite'. That is just homer fanboyism.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:43 PM

You act like every Clemson fan just walks around all the time saying it or writing it which is far from the case. But anytime our program is compared to others it will always come up. The media does it every time. So do other coaches and fans of other programs. So why is it okay for them to do it but unacceptable when a fan of Clemson does it. Clemson is an elite program right now. It's a fact. Not because I say or believe but because everyone says and believes it. Since when does calling a duck a duck become an issue?

Sep 19, 2017, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

To add on to your valid points, it's not only our fans calling Clemson elite. It's the national media, major players in the college football game, etc.

When Etienne scored on Saturday night Kirk Herbstreit literally said "they have an embarrassment of riches, an embarrassment." The main commentator in the sport was/does brag on Clemson on the regular.

It goes beyond thinking we are elite. Everyone knows we are, this team knows they are, and recruits coming in want to continue to be an elite program.

Message was edited by: tiggerz04®

Sep 19, 2017, 2:41 PM

Ok, I don't care what people say about Clemson. I just want to see Clemson win games and titles, it doesn't matter to me if somebody on tv praises Clemson or not.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:43 PM

My point is it seems like some of you care more about sports media adulation and other fanbase praise of Clemson than just watching Clemson football and who is next on Clemson's schedule.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:46 PM

Where in the hell are you getting that from? Also, we are playing BC next. We are going to run them off the #### field. The team will be focused on BC, and us as fans can talk about the programs status, etc.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

So you want every thread on this board to be about BC, and nothing else? How boring is that?

Sep 19, 2017, 3:43 PM

Boring is 'Clemson is elite, Clemson is elite, Clemson is elite'.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

Well people praising Clemson on TV gets in potential recruits ears. Understand that this is all interconnected.

We vastly improved our facilities, a few more recruits looked at Clemson. We won the ACC in 2011, more recruits saw us. We beat LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and more recruits saw Clemson. We had an elite team and more recruits saw Clemson.

If you want us to continue to win games and titles then you are essentially saying you want us to remain elite.

And for the record, no one goes around beating their chests saying we are elite all the time. That would be ridiculous.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:50 PM

lol you guys are bragging all the time. It is annoying me even though I'm a clemson fan.

Part of it is bragging about facilities. It makes me sick how much universities spend to lure recruits. We treat these atheletes like they are princes. The recruiting rules are weird because it is illegal for a coach to give a recruit a ride somewhere or a 5 dollar meal at Mcdonalds but it isn't illegal to build fancy facilities to entice recruits

When you learn that Clemson success and other 'elite' programs success have resulted from spending money on fancy facilities, that takes some of the magic away.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:54 PM

Ok, I'm done. You lost me there.

How about you log off Tigernet and live in you're own little bubble where you can be happy.

"I want Clemson to win games and trophies, but not if we have to build facilities."

First off it's not "illegal" for a coach to give a recruit a ride, it's a violation of the rules. Secondly, the reason it's not "illegal" (a violation) for a team to build fancy facilities is because every recruit that signs has access. So in this next class a 3* will have the same benefit from it as Trevor Lawrence will. Make sense?

Anyways, I'm done with this. Your logic is troubling.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:58 PM

It says a lot about you that you think my point was that it is illegal in a law sense, not illegal in a rules sense.

Fancy facilities is a type of bribe and it does make it difficult for universities with less money or less willing to thrown tons of money at football to win.

A lesson you should probably learn, life isn't fair. Some people are successful and some aren't, just the way it is.

You ever consider that some schools don't care about football? For instance, Duke's facilities are trash, however, they have good basketball facilities and are an elite (oops) basketball program.

Kansas, may be the worst team in the country, but they've got better basketball facilities and team than we do but you aren't complaining about that.

A type of bribe, life isn't fair, gtfo of here with that lol.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:16 PM

Duke's basketball arena actually is horrible. lol

If schools didn't care about football, they wouldn't spend any money on it and wouldn't have a program.

I'd think you and others would complain if Clemson didn't have the money to 'bribe' good players to come to Clemson. lol

My point was about you bragging about faciliites at Clemson and I think it is true that it takes the magic away from college football when it becomes about who has the better facilities. lol You are so much of a homer fanboy that you can't talk about football without your poms poms.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:22 PM

You sir, are a complete and utter idiot.

Duke's arena obviously isn't horrible to get talent to come in and play there in one of the mecca's of college basketball with an incredible atmosphere. Also, the arena isn't the only part of their facilities.

I did not "brag" about the facilities. I simply stated that we had elite facilities that entice elite recruits to come to Clemson because that's how college football works. That is called a true statement, nothing more and nothing less.

People did complain when we didn't have the facilities to compete with the elite programs and guess what, we ponied up the money and now we are elite.

We aren't "bribing" good players to come to Clemson. We are showing them what we have and if works out then great and if it doesn't then we will get another top prospect that wants to come to Clemson.

Now note, just because we are an elite program (you just hate that it's true don't you?) does not mean that we will win the national championship, the ACC, hell even our division every year because there are other elite programs. However, on those special years when it all comes together and we do win other titles, which I firmly believe we will due to the factors discussed, you can bet your little snowflake ### that it will be magical for everyone else except for you.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:50 PM

I have no problem with Clemson being good. My comments are about the bragging on here.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:53 PM

But no one is bragging. Saying we are elite is not bragging (or being obnoxious as you say as well), and you simply cannot brag to another Clemson fan.

"Hey man, my team is better than yours. Your team sucks!"

See, doesn't work, doesn't make sense, much like your posts.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:16 PM

lol Bragging is bragging, doesn't matter who the audience is.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:17 PM

To me the best thing about SC struggling the past few years is all the chestpuffing many of their fans did about their program being elite and 'reloading' when they lose good players. This is what makes sports fun, things can change fast.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

Lol no it's not, and saying Clemson is elite is not bragging at all.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:20 PM

my original point is that why do people need to put programs into elite and non-elite buckets. It was actually more of a question.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:21 PM

Ok, then to answer your original question; some teams are elite and most are not.

Are you saying there aren't "tiers" of programs based on

Sep 19, 2017, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

recent success or lack thereof?

By your logic....why have polls that rank teams?***

Sep 19, 2017, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

You misspelled poles - ywia***

Oct 1, 2017, 5:30 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Keep crying***

Sep 19, 2017, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

Oct 2, 2017, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

Hillbilly coot,

What is so hard to understand that being elite doesn't win you trophies, winning trophies makes you ELITE. It's no surprise that there is a handful of teams that are in contention just about every year. They may have a down year every now and then but the ELITE programs reload and are not down for long.

We do get trophies for being elite.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

Recruits like Trevor Lawrence, Xavier Thomas, Tee Higgins, Amari Rodgers, etc are the trophies. Being recognized as an elite program definitely has many perks to it. Dabo himself has been very open about his desire to make us an elite program, and keep that status for a long time.

Re: We do get trophies for being elite.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:59 PM

Isn't every coach trying to win games and titles. I don't think Dabo invented that. He also didn't invent upgrading facilities. lol

Sep 19, 2017, 3:02 PM

It would be funny to see a program like NCSU or Wake come out of nowhere to win a natty.

All of the elite program deciders will have a cognitive meltdown.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:08 PM

Alas, it will never happen though. Because an elite team will beat the #### out of them at some point in the season.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

Well, at least Vegas is well trained at......

^This is what matters.

Sep 19, 2017, 2:50 PM [ in reply to 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year. ]

Label it elite, don't label it elite. I don't care.

The OP was referring to Dabo's comment and vision in which he wanted to build a program and culture that exceeded current and historical models. He was not satisfied with being like other traditional blueblood programs, he desired more. I'm 100% aligned with that....call it what you want to. The results don't lie.

A loss or two isn't going to change that. That's what's different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

56-7***

Sep 19, 2017, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for ]

Re: 56-7***

Sep 19, 2017, 2:08 PM

I went to CLemson unlike most of you sidewalk fans who constantly talk about SC. You seem more interested in bashing SC than football.

Re: 56-7 marlborocountycoot

Sep 19, 2017, 2:10 PM

smh

No But We Get Continue to Opress You Scumbag Kid Toucher

Oct 1, 2017, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for ]

Coots...Enjoy it University #2

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No But We Get Continue to Opress You Scumbag Kid Toucher

Oct 1, 2017, 4:53 PM

So when Dabo says trophies are not won in September, he's not saying rhetoric about Clemson being elite is meaningless?

What exactly would you know about trophies?

Oct 1, 2017, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for ]

?

Re: What exactly would you know about trophies?

Oct 1, 2017, 6:19 PM

What do you know about trophies, as a spectator?

It is funny how bitter and hostile some of you True Clemson fans are, despite Clemson winning a lot of games the past 6 years.

19% pulse on a CLEMSON fan site....I wonder who

Oct 1, 2017, 10:10 PM

The “TRUE” Clemson fan is....

There are confessed coots on here that are better received than you....

Re: 19% pulse on a CLEMSON fan site....I wonder who

Oct 1, 2017, 10:19 PM

I don't think most Clemson alumni talk about the 'coot's 24-7 like you do. You probably can name the height, weight, hometown, etc every player on the 'coot' roster because you have no life and are obsessed with one program out of several that Clemson plays every year.

I don't think you went to Clemson. I think Clemson is your NFL team.

deer Lowered you’re delusional.....***

Oct 1, 2017, 10:20 PM

But hey, keep deflecting and not answering questions that you know will make you look even more dumb than you already do.

Oct 1, 2017, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: 19% pulse on a CLEMSON fan site....I wonder who ]

I'm not a fan of MSU. I simply said they looked good against LSU, and that's not something anybody disagreed with that weekend, even a redneck like you.

You are an Alabama fanboy and got butthurt that I said MSU might have a shot at winning that division and my opinion that Bama could lose two games this season and not make the playoffs.

Oct 1, 2017, 10:24 PM

I also point out the season isn't over with and Alabama hasn't played anybody.

It is funny that you act like MSU sucks simply because they lost bad at UGA and at Auburn, two teams with top 5 defenses and very good RBs this year.

link to where I said MSU sucks?***

Oct 1, 2017, 10:26 PM

actually I said it wasn’t impressive because because

Oct 1, 2017, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: 19% pulse on a CLEMSON fan site....I wonder who ]

I knew LSU was yet again overrated.

Why would I be butthurt when they don’t stand a chance agains BAMA? Do you even think about what you’re typing?

Re: actually I said it wasn’t impressive because because

Oct 1, 2017, 10:27 PM

You brown nose that Bama, fanboy. It is funny that you keep accusing me of being a 'coot' when you are a Bama fanboy.

I’m a BAMA fan, not a fanboy. Again, that’s been said

Oct 1, 2017, 10:29 PM

MANY times on here....keep deflecting....

And link to me brown nosing BAMA?

Re: I’m a BAMA fan, not a fanboy. Again, that’s been said

Oct 1, 2017, 10:32 PM

It is funny an Alabama fan is accusing me of being bandwagon for....MSU That is the program with the most bandwagon fans.

The only bandwagon I'm on is Clemson and anybody but Alabama or FSU at this point.

Oct 1, 2017, 10:34 PM

“The only bandwagon I'm on is Clemson and anybody but Alabama or FSU at this point”

So you do admit that you’re a bandwagon fan.....

I grew up going to BAMA games due to family member playing there. I’ve stuck with them through the good and bad. Not a bandwagon fan like yourself.

GO TIGERS and ROLL TIDE!!!!

And before you ask the stupid question....Yes, I pull for Clemson against BAMA

Oct 1, 2017, 10:35 PM

Why do you need to have two teams? Just stick to being a Bama fan. Clemson will be ok without you.

Oct 1, 2017, 10:37 PM

It is obvious you are a Bama bandwagon fanboy because you always talking about "elite programs' which is Bama fanboy thing to do. They always talking about their 'tradition' and bragging about how many natties Bama has won, etc.

I truly hope you’re a coot troll....otherwise I truly pity

Oct 1, 2017, 10:38 PM

You.

Re: I truly hope you’re a coot troll....otherwise I truly pity

Oct 1, 2017, 10:41 PM

I'll take a 'coot' troll over an Alabama fanboy. lol

is It supposed to be surprising that you’d pick yourself?***

Oct 1, 2017, 10:43 PM

why do you jump on bandwagons?

Oct 1, 2017, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m a BAMA fan, not a fanboy. Again, that’s been said ]

I know your reading comprehension skills are worse than a first grader, but I’ll try again.

Grew up a BAMA fan, and am a Clemson Alum.

It’s not hard to grasp....

Re: why do you jump on bandwagons?

Oct 1, 2017, 10:38 PM

ok i don't believe you are a Clemson alum. Never heard any Clemson alum say 'coot'.

Lol, If you’ve never heard a Clemson alum use the word

Oct 1, 2017, 10:40 PM

Coot, then I can guarantee with 100% certainty that you didn’t go to Clemson.

Re: Lol, If you’ve never heard a Clemson alum use the word

Oct 1, 2017, 10:42 PM

Educated people don't use redneck slang like 'coot'. It is also similar to the racial epithet 'coon' which makes it even more redneck. lol

Oct 1, 2017, 10:44 PM

I dont' want people to think I'm a racist so I don't call a team with majority of black players 'coots' given it sounds similar to coon.

If you want people to think you are KKK, that's cool.

Oct 1, 2017, 10:46 PM

guess i shouldn't be surprised that a person from alabama is fond of a word that sounds like coon. lol

I’m not from Alabama idiot. Keep it up though troll.***

Oct 1, 2017, 10:48 PM

there’s not a racist bone in my body. But keep trolling

Oct 1, 2017, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol, If you’ve never heard a Clemson alum use the word ]

coot.

Re: there’s not a racist bone in my body. But keep trolling

Oct 1, 2017, 10:48 PM

do you use 'coot' around black people?

I wouldn't recommend it. lol

Too stupid to have an actual conversation so you turn

Oct 1, 2017, 10:49 PM

To race baiting....classy

BTW....who said I was white?

Re: Too stupid to have an actual conversation so you turn

Oct 1, 2017, 10:53 PM

Not sure how I can be racebaiting. I'm simply pointing out coot sounds a lot like coon and I wouldnt use the word because it sounds racist and redneck. That's just me.

You do you, gump. lol

Not surprising that you don’t understand simple things

Oct 1, 2017, 10:55 PM

considering your reading comprehension skills.....

Re: Not surprising that you don’t understand simple things

Oct 1, 2017, 11:02 PM

Clemson probably has lost some good black recruits because of redneck fans using the word 'coot'. Other teams already do negative recruiting against Clemson using the fact Tillman Hall was named after a racist who bragged about killing black people.

Re: Not surprising that you don’t understand simple things

Oct 1, 2017, 11:04 PM

I propose Tillman Hall be renamed Watson-Renfrow Hall to promote racial unity and troll both your favorite teams given how much you think about them. lol

Im done responding to you in this thread.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Not surprising that you don’t understand simple things ]

No need in justifying your pitiful existence with responses....

Re: Im done responding to you in this thread.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:06 PM

you've mentioned me in a post several times this past week on threads that I had not posted on.

i think you are my secret admirer.lol

Re: Im done responding to you in this thread.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Im done responding to you in this thread. ]

I predict you and some of your clones on here that read my previous posts are going to stop saying 'coot' on here although you'll probably slip up on occasion due it to being a habit.

I'm so persuasive that I could be called an elite debater.

Oct 2, 2017, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for ]

Deer ClemVegas, What exactly is your problem? I guess you enjoy thinking you're a bad ### on this Clemson board. I'm sure (by your Tiger Pulse) you'd be more familiar with the jealous buffoons over at FGF. If you don't have something positive to say on Tigernet do your self a favor and just keep it to yourself.*

*I apologize in advance if you're less than 10 years old or have been the victim of a major brain trauma injury.

Oct 2, 2017, 12:30 AM

My rating has to do with debating liberals who downvote opiniosn they don't like, and I also defended Brownell.

I'm not a homer like you and others on here who have 100 percent pulse. lol

Oct 2, 2017, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for ]

Deer = Dear Deer is the animal that some people hunt. You might want to write this on a post-it note and stick it on your computer monitor for future reference. lol

Why do you and others on here always talk about 'the coots'? They aren't that good in recent years yet you still thinking about them 24-7. It is like talking about Wake Forest 24-7. It is so weird

Dabo talked good, but we didn't really believe it

Sep 19, 2017, 1:34 PM

Tommy made sure we believed that we could be good but never great again, because the climate changed and we just wouldn't ever be able to recruit and win like the bluebloods

Sep 19, 2017, 1:36 PM

And doing in the right way means everything to me as an alum. We want our athletic programs to directly reflect the character and charisma of Clemson University first and foremost.

We recruit good people, they do well in class, stay out of trouble, and graduate on time. I have long since said I'd rather be a perennial 8-4 team with great character than a team that wins 14-15 games every season and is nothing but thugs and criminals. Luckily we don't have to choose one or the other.

Sep 19, 2017, 1:37 PM

Did Chad Kelly have great character?

Clemson had other players get suspended for drug abuse.

You are so close. Think a little harder.***

Sep 19, 2017, 1:40 PM

Sep 19, 2017, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for ]

One bad egg amongst a whole bunch of great ones. Chad Kelly was a punk. Provide me with a link to a Clemson drug-related suspension in the last 3-4 years and I'll listen. You will probably send me a link to Sammy Watkin's arrest, so save your time.

Sep 19, 2017, 1:43 PM

> One bad egg amongst a whole bunch of great ones. Chad
> Kelly was a punk. Provide me with a link to a Clemson
> drug-related suspension in the last 3-4 years and
> I'll listen. You will probably send me a link to
> Sammy Watkin's arrest, so save your time.

I think it is pretty improbable that every player Dabo recruits is a choir boy. It isn't that he is willing to recruit anybody but that it is not possible to know what young people will do once they get on campus.

Sep 19, 2017, 1:44 PM

So you don't have a link to a drug arrest then, I take it?

Sep 19, 2017, 1:46 PM

So no arrest means none of the football players smoke weed? lol

There was a player a few years ago that was kicked off team for using somebody's bank card or some other scam.

Exactly. "KICKED OFF TEAM".....

that's called doing it the right way....

Sep 19, 2017, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for ]

Did your wife say 'No!'? Jeebus!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemvegas = Marlborocountycoot

Sep 19, 2017, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for ]

Re: Clemvegas = Marlborocountycoot

Sep 19, 2017, 2:36 PM

Or Palmetto,
Palmetto1
PalmettoMustang,
etc...

Guys, didn't arguing with a crazy person

Teach you to never argue with a crazy person?

Sep 19, 2017, 4:51 PM

NCTiger75--- WOW !!!! Look how your post has been hijacked by someone who can't comprehend the meaning of an elite program, in this particular case, football. Clemson, by one poster's definition. is not an elite program because we may even lose a game this year. Apparently, perfection defines an elite program, and if that be the case, over the entire course of collegiate football, there have been fewer elite programs than I had been led to believe. I suppose we can consider Clemson semi-elite since we are currently undefeated after three games. LOL

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good lowered...

Oct 1, 2017, 11:10 PM

Who brought this back to the top. I thought I was done reading this nonsense weeks ago. This guy is a complete waste of time and cannot understand simple concepts... or a yuge troll.

That’s my b joe. I fed the coot troll.***

Oct 1, 2017, 11:14 PM

Re: Good lowered...

Oct 1, 2017, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Good lowered... ]

Does anybody think your post is not a waste of time. lol You aren't Aristotle homey.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:22 PM

If ya'll want Clemson to stay 'elite', it wouldn't hurt to stop saying 'coot' 24-7. Why risk losing recruits to say 'coot'.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:30 PM

Dabo is great at selling Clemson. Have you ever heard Dabo say 'coot'? If saying coot helped recruiting, Dabo would be saying every time in front of the camera.

Y'all need to take one for the team and stop saying coot. You might have to get some cognitive behavorial therapy to recondition your brain to break your habit.

You better hope some of these liberal Democrats don't see you calling teams with most black players 'coots' because they will be triggered and the media will be covering it 24-7. Protests will break out and next thing you know, Clemson football could go down like Mizzou. You kidding yourself if you think this can't happen.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:39 PM

If I ran a Clemson website, I would insta-ban any person who said coot on here. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who say coot are actually gamecock fans doing sabotage, given how often SC fans bring up Tillman and the banana incident.

I just hope ESPN never looks at the comments about 'coots' on this forum. Clemson might get banned from Gameday.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:54 PM

I may tweet at some social justice warriors on Twitter like Lena Dunham and various sports pundits about this coot thing if y'all keep using the word on here. Don't make me play hardball.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:55 PM

Don't make me Mizzou my own college. lol

Oct 2, 2017, 12:10 AM

People have been fired for using the word 'niggardly' which means stingy, not generous, because it sounds similar to the n word.

You are playing with fire with coot.

Oct 2, 2017, 9:22 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coot

Oct 2, 2017, 9:26 PM

why did some people start calling the gamecocks 'coots' in the first place. i don't get it.

Oct 2, 2017, 9:44 PM

Are you talking to yourself

Oct 2, 2017, 9:53 PM

coot

Replies: 227
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive