Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finebaum is correct - we "Clemsoned".
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Finebaum is correct - we "Clemsoned".

Oct 14, 2017, 1:26 PM

The more I think about last night, the more I'm reminded of 2011. Eerily similar. EERILY SIMILAR. Last night wasn't a loss...we "Clemsoned". We were unprepared, unmotivated, & outcoached/played by an inferior opponent. We SHAT the bed. & though nobody in the coaching staff will say "Clemsoned/Clemson-ing" directly, their assessment of last night's game delivers the exact same message w/o actually saying the word. I only hope this was a wake-up call like Pitt was last year, b/c if we don't pull our collective sh!t together, we're vulnerable in 3-4 of our last 5.

In 2011, nobody expected anything after a 6-7 season & a ton of top talent leaving. However, we had great talent left, & the new guys stepped up from day 1. We started 8-0, beating ranked AUB, FSU & VT in weeks 3-5. Then we went 1-3 the rest of the regular season, won the ACCCG, but got curb-stomped by WVU in the OB BCS game.

After we lost to GT in 2011, just like losing to 'Cuse last night, everyone said, "we outperformed our expectations -- did you really think we'd be in a BCS bowl w/all these inexperienced underclassmen?!?" The problem is, yes, the team was young/inexperienced that year, but when you win 8 straight, the way we did, against the teams we did, expectations necessarily change. No, nobody thought we would end up where we did that year, but after 2/3 of the season, they were no longer inexperienced underclassmen, they were national title contenders. Nobody thought we'd tank & solidify our name as an adjective describing unpreparedness, playing down to our opponents, & epic meltdowns.

Last night is deja vu. I thought we'd have 3-4 losses this year, but after starting 6-0 & setting the record for top 15 wins to start a season, my expectations necessarily changed. The only team that should've had a chance against us is NCST on our way to our 3rd straight CFB NC game. We haven't "Clemsoned" since GT in 2014, & SCAR/FSU in 2013, but last night was a classic Tommy Bowden "##### game" that begat the whole "Clemson-ing" phenomenon.

Last night wasn't a loss. I can handle a loss -- they happen. Last night the team looked lost & outclassed -- like they lost their identity. Yes, we did lose to Pitt 3 weeks later in the season last year & still made it to the Ship, & we could still do the same this year. However, if we don't (QUICKLY) correct the problems that led to last night's disaster, that's the type of game that can make the wheels fall off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

::::: Losers practice until they get it right. Winners practice until they can't get it wrong. :::::

Re: Finebaum is never correct -

Oct 14, 2017, 1:30 PM

but wedid a bunch of really silly things and seemed to push prosperity away every time we got going

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

74TIGER is correct.***

Oct 14, 2017, 1:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 14, 2017, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Finebaum is never correct - ]

Thanks for the only rational reply so far. Agreed, Finebaum's opinions are usually worthless, but his characterization of last night's performance was spot on. As you say, we did a bunch of really silly things last night that seemed to push prosperity away every time we got going. The worst part was watching our defense look hopelessly lost at times last night...miscues, poor execution on assignments, bad/blown coverages, poor tackling, etc. Soooo out of character. W/our kicking game in shambles, & our O being spotty, our D needs to be the rock. Even w/an off game we should have beaten 'Cuse.

::::: Losers practice until they get it right. Winners practice until they can't get it wrong. :::::

Oct 14, 2017, 1:55 PM

Finebaum is a bitter Alabama homer who isnt' original enough to come up with some new trash talk so he has to go with 'Clemsoning' as though that is witty.

The fact that you parroting him indicates how bitter you are. It is a game and Cuse has some ballers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimmy from Zippah > Paul Finebaum***

Oct 14, 2017, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Finebaum is never correct - ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

How are you handling the Shamecocks being down at Half to a UT team in Total Disarray?

Oct 14, 2017, 1:32 PM

Whether Fine Baum is right or wrong, he is a Troll #####!!!!

Re: Finebaum is correct - we "Clemsoned".

Oct 14, 2017, 1:32 PM

F--urman. U--niversity

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 1:33 PM

You are not we.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:34 PM

you are an idiot if you think Finebum is correct on anything.....he is a spineless little angry bald headed whippy ugly little man who looks only through SEC tinted glasses.....We beat Bama last year and he is still not over that......really feel sorry for this pathetic little man.....Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice try coot.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:34 PM
image.jpg(84.1 K)

This team is nothing like the 2011 team or any of Bowden's teams. Please continue watching your coots lose to Tennessee.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YAWN...predictable responses are predictable.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:39 PM

Every time thin-skinned Clemson fans w/delicate sensibilities see/hear/read something they don't like, their feeble minds can only respond, "COOT!"

Re: YAWN...predictable responses are predictable.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:44 PM

The ##### are flopping today

Deer coot with a 27% pulse taking that much time

Oct 14, 2017, 1:47 PM [ in reply to YAWN...predictable responses are predictable. ]

to write a stupid post. Read my post again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer coot with a 27% pulse taking that much time

Oct 14, 2017, 1:48 PM

Deer = Dear Deer refers to the animal.

(sic) "Deer" boy...

Oct 14, 2017, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Deer coot with a 27% pulse taking that much time ]

I'm sorry that in your world you think anything more than a few sentences takes "that much time" to write. Thou doth project too much. People who can think & type, don't need a lot of time to express their thoughts. & only people who are unsure/insecure care about a "pulse". But hey, you're the one posting 14+ times a day, so I guess that makes you the arbiter of proper posting. Good day, boy. Have the last word...

We??? You aren't fooling anyone and your feathers are

Oct 14, 2017, 1:36 PM

showing...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DAPOTD!!!!

Oct 14, 2017, 1:38 PM

Take your ### back to FGF....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 1:40 PM

You can't handle losing. That's why you typed out this long bitter blowhard post. Every team loses sometimes, it isn't 'Clemsoning' to lose a game. It is easy for you to say Clemson should beat Syracuse every time.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:45 PM

There aren't many teams in country that have a QB and two WRs as good as Syracuse. Holding Cuse to 27 points at home isn't that bad. A healthy Bryant would have made a difference on offense.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:43 PM

Shut the eff up! I didn't even read what you had to say after reading the subject. Three losses in three years. If that's 'Clem-soning', I'll take it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 1:47 PM

We will beat your Chicken assz next month and I want to see what you call that Jr.

Stop feeding the Son-of-a- Bit€h. That's what he wants***

Oct 14, 2017, 1:50 PM

Oct 14, 2017, 1:53 PM

"Last night wasn't a loss" - 4schitzngrins

False. It was just that. A loss.

You know what wasn't a loss? Ranked Auburn. Ranked Louisville. Ranked VT. And that's just the first half of this season, man.

Another non-loss? University #2 in November.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

I'm happy for Paul.***

Oct 14, 2017, 2:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...Sunshine-pumpers never change.

Oct 14, 2017, 2:13 PM

Sorry to have upset your delicate sensibilities. Meh, no I'm not. You are the same people who were perfectly fine when we were winning 7-8 games a season despite having the talent to do much more. You are the Tommy West's & Tommy Bowden's of our fan base. LOL...bless your hearts.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic