Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Tnet, I have a sirius qweshion for you....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Deer Tnet, I have a sirius qweshion for you....

Feb 5, 2020, 9:28 AM

Do certain posters on here that force feed their belief that cbb is the greatest coach in college basketball history and/or the best coach we can afford make it harder for you to pull for the guy? These posters almost make me dislike the guy out of spite towards them.

I honestly have no ill will towards cbb. I did expect to be further along in year 10, and that makes me question our administration and him on our expectations for basketball. I know it'd be thought of poorly, but I'd almost like for D-Rad to set public expectations that cbb and our program are being judged against.

TIAIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

not particularly...

Feb 5, 2020, 9:32 AM

However, I find it strange that any fan of basketball would use a picture of Brad Brownell as their avatar. Kind of like a political enthusiast using Millard Fillmore as their avatar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not particularly...

Feb 5, 2020, 10:24 AM

It is very strange. It is just odd and very confusing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You anti-Whig Party or something? ***

Feb 5, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to not particularly... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Who doesn't like a well quoffed wig?

Feb 5, 2020, 3:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: not particularly...

Feb 5, 2020, 12:56 PM [ in reply to not particularly... ]

Just a thought...maybe that person is Brad Brownell.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Says the guy with a picture of Dabo as his avatar.***

Feb 5, 2020, 1:31 PM [ in reply to not particularly... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Says the guy with a picture of Dabo as his avatar.***

Feb 5, 2020, 1:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I’m a William Howard Taft guy myself.

Feb 5, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to not particularly... ]

I like big bathtubs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So much of this!!!

Feb 5, 2020, 9:38 AM

I don't dislike Brownell, and have said that repeatedly, but having him shoved in my face as the greatest we have ever had and the best thing we can get as well as making excuses for him by cetain posters on the board tend to make me start feeling the other way.

I don't want to dislike Brad, so don't make me!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Umm...

Feb 5, 2020, 1:33 PM

No one is shoving Brad Brownell in your face. You have many more posts on TigerNet each day talking about Dabo, Muschamp, Kirby Smart, and something a football recruit ate for breakfast.

Also, no one has said he's the greatest we've ever had. If you think that, you're making stuff up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Football bored is that way ==>***

Feb 5, 2020, 4:25 PM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

For me, the answer is yes. I like Brad, I love his defensive

Feb 5, 2020, 9:38 AM

philosophy, and I usually appreciate what he tries to do on offense. The only reason I say "usually" is because every now and then we see an offense that has no idea what they are doing like at Wake.

I go to games, I support him on the boards here when he has successes, I am critical when he doesn't. But posters like Karen make it increasingly difficult to root for him. I'm all for people who are all in for our coaches, any coaches, but the arrogance and condescension is ridiculous and it does nothing but further divide fans. It's the Tommy Bowden pumpers and dumpers groups all over again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Seriously, Princess?

Feb 5, 2020, 1:36 PM

The fact that I and others here think he's a good coach, and try to look at his tenure in what we feel is a fair and supportive way, makes it difficult for you to root for him?

In other words, reading posts on an online message board in support of our coach and basketball program rub you the wrong way? To the point that you aren't pulling for our head coach to succeed?

Wow.

Of course, I'm just spitballin here..............

Feb 5, 2020, 9:47 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

T-Net is hawter than I expected...

Feb 5, 2020, 12:51 PM

The cleavage is about right.

Except more hairy and moobie-er. But the size seems about right.

~JKB

Re: Deer Tnet, I have a sirius qweshion for you....

Feb 5, 2020, 9:57 AM

Does your spelling style say something about you?
I've not taken the time to count, but it seems there are a lot more haters that post about CBB than the other way around. Perhaps we feel compelled to come to his defense because and since he stepped onto campus to become the face of our program. I'm proud to say I support all who carry the Clemson values and traditions, for as long as they do so. Remain anonymous and full of hate. You wear it well.

I see the opposite a lot as well

Feb 5, 2020, 10:03 AM

I can't count the times that someone will post a legit concern about the team or the way we played over the last 10 years and someone run in and immediately say they are bashing the coach when it is far from the truth. It happens nearly every loss.

Just because someone is not happy with the way a game turned out doesn't mean they immediately want the coach fired but there are plenty of people on this board that react that way and sometimes defend the coach when the coach isn't even in the conversation.

Does Brad do well for us, sometimes he does, can he do better for us....He needs to, do people have the right after 10 years to not be pleased with where this team is.....absolutely they do!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Have you not noticed the same posts after every loss?

Feb 5, 2020, 1:41 PM

There are always at least a few of the following:

-It's time for a new coach
-Why do we keep putting up with this same inconsistency
-I've given up on us ever being good at basketball

Etc.

You and I both know that posts by well-meaning fans who are simply sharing their frustration over a loss are few and far between. Most of the posts after a loss are much more emotional and dramatic, calling for Brad (and sometimes Radakovich) to be fired.

I don't recall anyone here being criticized for wanting to see our team do better. We all do.

"emotional and dramatic"

Feb 5, 2020, 3:23 PM

Re: "emotional and dramatic"

Feb 5, 2020, 3:55 PM

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "hater"

Feb 5, 2020, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Tnet, I have a sirius qweshion for you.... ]

Just because you don't approve of someone's job performance doesn't mean you "hate" them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It comes from both sides...

Feb 5, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Tnet, I have a sirius qweshion for you.... ]

I agree there are more "haters" or "dumpers" which I think stems from a place of entitlement that we see so prevalent today. While I think these people are unreasonable. I am more amazed by those from the other side, who see absolutely nothing wrong and think everything is great.

I get mad at the unreasonable entitlement.

I am perplexed at the every-thing-is-roses delusion.

Lack of consistency with basketball is my biggest criticism. I don't expect to win every game. I just want us to be competitive on a regular basis. I'm not calling for Brownell to be fired.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But that's just it. The "other side" you speak of

Feb 5, 2020, 1:46 PM

that thinks everything is roses doesn't exist.

We all see the need for improvement. No one who cares about our basketball program wants to see us missing the NCAA Tournament. No one wants to see us as a basketball doormat (even though we haven't been under Brownell).

Some of us simply feel that the circumstances call for more time before declaring that our program stinks, our coach stinks, and that we need to blow it all up and start over.

If there is any delusion among our fan base, it is the one that expects us to play consistently well all the time, never have ups and downs, and beat teams that have been investing more in their basketball programs than us for decades.

As I've said many times, I don't feel that we have any right to expect consistent success until we consistently support the program as an athletic department. Brad has only had acceptable facilities and staff budget for a few years now, and it's obvious we've seen improvement in meaningful ways since then. I don't understand how people can't see that.

Couple of questions/statements....

Feb 5, 2020, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer Tnet, I have a sirius qweshion for you.... ]

"Perhaps we feel compelled to come to his defense because and since he stepped onto campus to become the face of our program.".....Umm what?

"Remain anonymous and full of hate."....Nothing says nonanonymous like RicketyTiger. Also, link to me being full of hate? Seems hypocritical...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

You are about to be downvoted and reported by

Feb 5, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer Tnet, I have a sirius qweshion for you.... ]

the hall monitors here. Consider yourself forewarned.

Really Princess?

Feb 5, 2020, 3:27 PM

Your downvote ratio is higher than those of almost everyone else in this thread.

It's funny, my posts always get downvoted these days

Feb 5, 2020, 3:58 PM

regardless of what I say.

It's so refreshing to see that there aren't any petty posters here, and that they can keep their own personal grudges out of the discussions.

Maybe, juuuuust maybe, it's not WHAT you say,

Feb 5, 2020, 5:27 PM

but it's the pompous, arrogant, contrarion, knee jerk, accusatory, thin skinned manner in which you type?

Of course, I'm just a casual observer, so I could be wrong.

No one here thinks Brownell is the greatest coach

Feb 5, 2020, 1:30 PM

in college basketball history.

HTH

Feb 5, 2020, 1:43 PM

Yes

null

Feb 5, 2020, 1:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Feb 5, 2020, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer Tnet, I have a sirius qweshion for you.... ]

OK

Feb 5, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer Tnet, I have a sirius qweshion for you.... ]

who let the chubby chaser back in?

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic