Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Lowered Baby Jesus...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Deer Lowered Baby Jesus...

Dec 24, 2014, 10:07 PM

We thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of drunken Slurrier, bailing SCar recruits and the always hilarious USuCk Shreveport Bowl Game...

I just wanna take time to say thank you for our wins this season and the two new coordinators, Jeff Scott and Tony Elliot, or TE as we call him. And of course, for our red-hot, awesome Head Coach, Dabo Swinney, who's a program building mastermind.

I also wanna thank you for all the pumpers and the RAG, who have my back no matter what. (SHAKE & BAKE!)

Deer Lowered Baby Jesus we also thank you for the dumpers and the trolls and hope that you can use your Baby Jesus powers to heal them of their stupidity...they smell terrible and the Joungers are always picking at 'em.

Deer Tiny Jesus...with your golden fleece diapers and your tiny little fat balled up fists...eight pound, six ounce, newborn infant Jesus...we just wanna thank you for all the games we've won and the multiple "SEC Caliber" teams we've beaten...Whooo!

Also, due to a binding stipulation that require I mention the overall record versus the Coots...I just wanna thank you for 63-17, 1st & 35 & 66-42-4...they comfort me on a cold Winter's night and we look forward to the comeback of DW4 and the beat-downs in years to come.

Thank you for all your power and grace Deer Baby God...

photo dearlordbabyjesus.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuAUI_0knfk

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer Lowered Baby Jesus...

Dec 24, 2014, 10:22 PM

I fail to see the point of this. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Message was edited by: reynolds357®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Never saw that Burt Reynolds Race Movie^^^******

Dec 24, 2014, 10:27 PM

Re: ^^^Never saw that Burt Reynolds Race Movie^^^******

Dec 24, 2014, 10:30 PM

nope

Sigh...

Dec 24, 2014, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer Lowered Baby Jesus... ]

I'm not sure what is more impressive...

You "failing to miss the point", or the fact that you don't think God may have a sense of humor. Especially since, you know, we were made in his image...

Don't forget ... He failed to doubledeuce sauerkraut!******

Dec 24, 2014, 10:37 PM

and no matter. I still wish him and everyone Merry Christmas

Dec 24, 2014, 10:41 PM

Happy Festivus or whatever does it for you! Good tidings and cheer!

It's in bad taste

Dec 24, 2014, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Sigh... ]

To Christians, Jesus is our savior. And this is Christmas. If you have no respect for that, at least show some tact and class... unless you're one if those idiots who is incapable of such.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: point***

Dec 25, 2014, 6:28 AM

Jesus was not born on Christmas...

Dec 25, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to It's in bad taste ]

so no, I have no respect for this holiday that is pagan and commercialized. I like to worship Jesus all year long...and also like to think that people can understand the difference between a well timed joke and a rant against Christianity.

But I suppose we're all imperfect. :)

Re: Jesus was not born on Christmas...

Dec 26, 2014, 11:18 AM

If you truly liked to worship Jesus every day then you would realize that what you posted did not Glorify him or worship him in any way! Also you maybe correct that Jesus was not born on December 25th sense we do not know the day of his birth. However that does not make it a mockery at all it is a good day to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior. You have the right to say and do what you want but you should be an adult enough to realize that you are offending some people. You obviously do not care about that though!

The historical origin of the modern day holiday...

Dec 26, 2014, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Jesus was not born on Christmas... ]

and our society's crass commericialization of it are not finally the point. The point is that your post is in poor taste, and makes you look like a buffoon. And considering the actual, biblical story of Christ and His time on earth, it's not hard to understand why it's not a suitable topic for comedy and jokes. I challenge you to find one place in the bible where Christ is joked about. You can't because there isn't one. It's not a joke except to those who don't really believe it.

Re: The historical origin of the modern day holiday...

Dec 26, 2014, 6:29 PM

Really, there are jokes in the bible? that is your argument?

Seriously?

Dec 26, 2014, 8:01 PM

That's what you got out of my statement?

Smh

Re: Seriously?

Dec 26, 2014, 8:05 PM

yes, that is what you posted.

"And considering the actual, biblical story of Christ and His time on earth, it's not hard to understand why it's not a suitable topic for comedy and jokes. I challenge you to find one place in the bible where Christ is joked about. You can't because there isn't one. It's not a joke except to those who don't really believe it. "

Re: The historical origin of the modern day holiday...

Dec 26, 2014, 7:57 PM [ in reply to The historical origin of the modern day holiday... ]

Well the Roman soldiers joked about Jesus while they were hanging him on the cross. I guess they do have something in common with some of the scripture in the Bible. It is becoming more disconcerting the lack of reverence and respect individuals have towards Christ. He is our redeemer and King; not our bro down the street that we joke around with.

Re: It's in bad taste

Dec 26, 2014, 10:24 AM [ in reply to It's in bad taste ]

Jesus was not born on the 25th.

null

What day was he born on?***

Jan 1, 2015, 11:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

one not in the month of December, and especially not one

Jan 2, 2015, 12:23 AM

Associated with the winter solstice...you know, like the 25th.

You seem very smart...so what day was He born on?***

Jan 2, 2015, 12:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: You seem very smart...so what day was He born on?***

Jan 2, 2015, 12:37 AM

The bible doesn't give an exact day he was born on...but facts certainly point to it being anytime other than in the Winter season. Read the entire thread, it's already been addressed. Quit trying to cause trouble and just let the thread die already.

As the OP, I wish I had never posted it. People are so sensitive sometimes. It was a movie reference that I had ZERO intention of becoming an ongoing religious discussion.

Just shut up already.

You should know by now Christians are

Jan 2, 2015, 12:42 AM

easily offended. The irony is they are also usually the loudest when it comes to wondering why Amurica has become so easily offended. It is an interesting thing to observe time to time. BTW, great post.

FYI...I'm a devout Christian...

Jan 2, 2015, 12:43 AM

Thanks for not being offended.

No problem. I just figure anyone with a true

Jan 2, 2015, 12:50 AM

problem with your post is about three or four paces away from demanding books be removed that they don't like, movies banned, and so on and so forth.

I won't say disagree with that in the slightest.***

Jan 2, 2015, 12:51 AM

Re: No problem. I just figure anyone with a true

Jan 2, 2015, 1:04 AM [ in reply to No problem. I just figure anyone with a true ]

That is a very narrow minded way to view those who disagree with you. I personally am completely offended by the O.P., but I in no way advocate the censorship of that post. You are simply trying to repackage the old argument that anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant. I am offended when people mock my Savior, but I believe they have the right to do so if they choose.
Banning Books? It seems to me that the "progressives" and the "liberals" are the ones who have been doing that lately.

Re: No problem. I just figure anyone with a true

Jan 2, 2015, 1:07 AM

It was not mocking Him...the entire original movie reference was mocking people for believing he was born on December 25th and celebrating his time as a baby, when he was not capable in any way of making the impact he made as an adult when he sacrificed his life.

You just don't get that.

Not gonna bite on your Faux News babble and

Jan 2, 2015, 1:08 AM [ in reply to Re: No problem. I just figure anyone with a true ]

just say way to go Buckeyes, go Tigers, and good night. Oh and P.S. I don't watch MSNBC.

Re: Not gonna bite on your Faux News babble and

Jan 2, 2015, 1:35 PM

I watch Fox news a grand total of 1 to 2 hours per month. I form my opinions based on events, not based on commentary about events that is designed to shape perceptions. The right and left are equally guilty of trying to "make news" and not report news.

"just shut up already"...

Jan 2, 2015, 12:56 AM [ in reply to FYI...I'm a devout Christian... ]

...yeah, that's usually something a "devout Christian" says.

sigh...grow up.***

Jan 2, 2015, 12:57 AM

Re: Sigh...

Dec 24, 2014, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Sigh... ]

We are made in His image. When man fell, the sin nature perverted our reflection of that image.

Re: Point***

Dec 25, 2014, 6:29 AM

Well I'm sorry I'm imperfect...let me fix that for you...

Dec 25, 2014, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Sigh... ]

oh...that's right. :(

Re: Sigh...

Dec 26, 2014, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Sigh... ]

Yea I highly doubt he walked around with a stick up his ### either.

null

Dec 25, 2014, 6:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Lowered Baby Jesus... ]

True.....

Dec 24, 2014, 11:27 PM

Why am I not surprised that feathers were ruffled over this harmless post?

And to think, a lot of those in the outraged camp would be the first to use a phrase like "land of the offended" to preempt responses to their own social, political & religious views. The double standard is hilarious, honestly.

Merry Christmas, CtLiEgMeSrOsN.

Re:. It just isn't funny or original

Dec 25, 2014, 6:31 AM

And God doesn't worry with football records or crappy jokes

So if he's not worried about it...

Dec 25, 2014, 12:28 PM

then why am I being condemned by imperfect humans for it?

Re: So if he's not worried about it...

Dec 25, 2014, 3:41 PM

Because it is offensive to me. You have a right to say what you wish to say. I have a right to be offended by what you say and I have a right to make my offense known.

It's not imperfect man's place to judge Sir...

Dec 25, 2014, 4:47 PM

I didn't ask if it was your right to be offended...I asked why I was feeling condemned and told the difference between right and wrong.

There is only one true Judge and Lawgiver.

Re: It's not imperfect man's place to judge Sir...

Dec 26, 2014, 11:22 AM

Yes only one and he told us not to use his name in Vain. You should thank everyone who is bringing to your attention that this is offensive and not pleasing to God! Then do something about it.

Dec 26, 2014, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: So if he's not worried about it... ]

Oh you poor poor baby.

null

Dec 26, 2014, 11:20 AM [ in reply to So if he's not worried about it... ]

because he does worry about it and your post much like the movie is offensive and stupid!!!!

The double standard is indeed hilarious...

Jan 2, 2015, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Lowered Baby Jesus... ]

...and your post is a fine example of it. Tolerance, or the apparent lack thereof, is a crazy little thing don't ya think?

This gets the Most Tasteless Tigernet Post Award of the Year

Dec 25, 2014, 1:47 AM

.... and to post this sacrilegious drivel on Christmas Eve is all the more idiotic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2014, 7:24 AM

Dude..... You might want to go to Church this morning.

I mean, dang.

I saw the humor intended & found it hilarious! Merry Christmas :-)

Dec 25, 2014, 7:59 AM

I seriously doubt God or Jesus are really upset about this & our little games & T-net entertainments....
it's what's in your heart that counts.

Mine is orange & purple...does that help?

Ho ho ho & Go Tigers!!!

Greatest Generation my A$$! I'll come at you like a spider

Dec 25, 2014, 10:12 AM

monkey!

Walker and Texas Ranger may the best movie kid characters ever.

I like the ending of the movie when they're in bed with grandma.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LORD Jesus, Father, Savior, King of kings and Lord of lords

Dec 25, 2014, 10:29 AM

...how long, oh Lord, will the jesters fill the court? But not my will, but Your will be done. And thank You for the blessings we enjoy in this life; and may we ever be mindful that we are blessed to live under Your grace and mercy, through the good and the bad. And forgive us our sins, even those that make mockery of you. Keep us safe, in strength, and always ready to grow in our love and understanding of You.

I am ever mindful that no matter how much I might pray for people to honor God, in as much as He has honored His creation, He still gives His creation the choice to be what it wishes. Though some may think their prayers go unanswered when the hate and mockery of God remains in the lives of those closest to us, it is not so. The prayer is heard, but the one must also be willing to be changed. They must be willing to have a "Bethlehem" moment in their life - from within the heart. A new birth is not just a new way of thinking, it is the answer to a prayer. And a prayer is lifted for you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

That is strong.

Jan 1, 2015, 10:50 PM

Thank you.

While I am a Christian, I have always wondered why people

Dec 25, 2014, 11:00 AM

feel compelled to celebrate this pagan originated and overly commercialized holiday...two things that God warns us to stay away from.

Whole I am glad that Jesus was born unto us, nothing Jesus did as an infant helped mankind in any way, shape, or form. Why would a Christian focus on his life as a baby instead of what he accomplished for mankind as an adult, and more importantly, what he is accomplishing now as King of God's Kingdom in heaven?

Nowhere do the scriptures say to celebrate Christmas, or celebrate Jesus birth (especially when we know he wasn't born on Dec. 25th). But they do say that we should memorialize his death because of what it accomplished. And we should be concerned about following his footsteps (example) he set as an adult, not as he was as a baby.

So, while I don't want to offend anyone, I do feel compelled to share the scriptures as I see them.

Be careful someone may go all

Dec 25, 2014, 12:03 PM

Jihad on your a$$ for a post like that.

Oh... Looks like they already have.

Me personally... I'm glad God doesn't have human emotions.

Re: Be careful someone may go all

Dec 25, 2014, 3:45 PM

You must have missed all the emotions that God Incarnate (Jesus) showed throughout His life on this Earth. Ever read the crucifixion account? Remember Jesus "Weeping" over Lazarus?
Jesus = God The Son.
To say God does not have human emotion is pretty ignorant of scripture.

Sigh....***

Dec 25, 2014, 4:57 PM

Dec 26, 2014, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Be careful someone may go all ]

He also was ableto laugh on occasion you should give it a shot.

You should also do a little research into how your "religious holiday" came to be.

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

Jan 2, 2015, 12:32 AM

I know exactly how the celebration of Christmas evolved. That has nothing whatsoever to do with offensive reference to Jesus Christ.

Dec 26, 2014, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Be careful someone may go all ]

oh god, make this stop.

Dec 25, 2014, 3:09 PM

Clearly some people didn't see the movie the Ballad of Ricky Bobby with Will Farrell. Your post is hilarious. :)

Glad someone cleared it up! I tried... unsuccessfully,

Dec 25, 2014, 5:01 PM

to joke that they had missed the "Burt Reynolds'" race movie... and I don't think any juan got it.

I put a picture of Will Ferrell and a link to the scene...

Dec 25, 2014, 5:03 PM

and used "Deer" "Lowered" multiple times. If they weren't catching on by then, they aren't ever going to.

Yep... You are correct... Should have known better : (***

Dec 25, 2014, 5:06 PM

Dec 26, 2014, 10:06 AM

Jesus left Glory and come to earth to take on the form of man. God incarnate, Immanuel God with us.
Jesus then lay down his life as propitiation for all man kind for forgiveness of sin and redemption of our souls. He then was resurrected on the third day he has ascended to heaven and sits on his throne at the right hand of God the father and his church awaits his return. He is not to be mocked and he should not be a punch line for your poor attempt at a joke.
He still loves you and will forgive you. I suggest you forget everything you heard about him that led you to believe you could use him in your joke and do some research and pray and truly meet him if you do your life will become much better your attitude will change and then you can be one who will spend eternity with him.. Can I get a witness?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Dec 26, 2014, 10:28 AM

Jesus is mocked with the current form of Christmas. Hell the man wasnt even born on the 25th.

null

Very clever post. I may have rofl'ed once or twice

Dec 26, 2014, 10:30 AM

Shake and Bake!

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Hilarious and might I add another

Dec 26, 2014, 1:38 PM

Deer Lowerd that involves Him returning the sense of humors the Debil obviously stole from some of His followers! Thank you Lowerd! It can't be Kirk Cameron movies all the time!

Dec 26, 2014, 6:26 PM

Some people need to pull the stick out of their ### and lighten up. Obviously religion is an important and personal thing for some folks, but too many folks take it to the extreme. You have a right to believe in whatever deity you choose, or choose not to believe in anything at all.

In the immortal words of that great philosopher and herb connoisseur Willie Nelson: "If I hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. But if I made you mad, #### you."

GO Tigers!

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic