Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Jawja and UCF...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Deer Jawja and UCF...

Jan 2, 2019, 8:22 AM

Would you both please shut the he!! up now !?!?!?!

Signed,

America

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Deer Jawja and UCF...

Jan 2, 2019, 8:31 AM

They will still be spouting off saying they are the champs. Not so, losers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 8:36 AM

UCF WAS the national champion in 2017.

NCAA officially named them co-champions. They have every right to claim 2017 as theirs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever helps you and them sleep at night princess***

Jan 2, 2019, 8:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He posted the truth. Ucf didn't have the parade

Jan 2, 2019, 8:48 AM

And banners until AFTER the NCAA officially recognized them as such....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

They got a participation trophy...that's it.***

Jan 2, 2019, 8:51 AM

Re: They got a participation trophy...that's it.***

Jan 2, 2019, 9:44 AM

No, they didnt. The NCAA made a big announcement during the pre-season media days in August that they were officially recognizing UCF as the NCAA National Champions of the 2017 season. Its the first time in NCAA history that the organization has ever officially endorsed a national champion.

Officially, Alabama is not considered the 2017 national champion. They are the 2017 playoff champion, but the 2017 national championship title has been officially given to UCF.

Their schedule and record proves it. They were the best team in 2017.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:47 AM

link?

Jan 2, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: They got a participation trophy...that's it.*** ]

Not true. They were recognized as finishing first in one poll and some woman reporter from Florida (probably) equated that as the NCAA recognizing them as a national champion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?? No, they didn't***

Jan 2, 2019, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Jawja and UCF... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They did..

Jan 2, 2019, 8:54 AM

In the absence of a real playoff the NCAA will recognize the champion of several accepted polls.

Ucf finished #1 in some random poll ive never heard of, but the NCAA accepted it.

The CFP is not a sanctioned NCAA playoff. The NCAA just accepts the winner as a NC, no different than the coaches poll of yesteryear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm on the official NCAA site here

Jan 2, 2019, 9:08 AM

which, by the way, has no problem referring to Clemson-Bama IV as the "National Championship Game". Where's UCF on this list?

https://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm on the official NCAA site here

Jan 2, 2019, 9:50 AM

August 2018, NCAA preseason media press conference.

The NCAA has never, ever named a national champion before, but the NCAA reserves the right to name a champion if the polls do not name a consensus champion.

The CFP is not sanctioned by the NCAA, and the NCAA is under no obligation to recognize the CFP champion as the national champion.

Back in August, the NCAA rescinded Alabama's title of national champion. They retroactively recognized Alabama as playoff champion, but also emphasized that playoff champion is NOT the national champion. The NCAA then retroactively named UCF the 2017 NCAA National Champions.

Alabama cannot claim 2017 as an official national championship, because the NCAA retroactively rescinded their title. They can claim to be the playoff champion, which they were, but UCF holds the national championship title.

Its similar to saying Alabama is the NIT champion, and UCF is the NCAA champion in basketball.

Got a link? Pretty sure you made almost all of that up***

Jan 2, 2019, 10:09 AM

Jan 2, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm on the official NCAA site here ]

No they didn't. Not only have I not heard of anything you're saying, but a google search doesn't come up with any of this either. The closest I can find is from the Orlando Sentinel of all places which references some NCAA guide that lists NC winners for each year, and it lists Bama with the CFP and several other polls, and lists UCF as being considered the NC by something called Colley.

So at best, the NCAA listed in some sort of book that some poll named Colley voted them #1 because they were hoping to get a lot of media attention for doing so which really didn't seem to work for Colley considering this is the first I'm hearing about it.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm on the official NCAA site here ]

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/sports-editor-blog/os-sp-ucf-ncaa-record-book-national-champs-20180825-story.html

Even in the "guide" it lists Bama as the champion, and has UCF below as "+UCF:Colley" and explains below that when a "major selector" ranks a team other than the CFP champion as its highest ranked team in its final poll that team will be listed below the CFP champion.

So even the guide doesn't say they consider UCF as a NC, but that it's basically just showing a list of teams that were ranked #1 in a final poll. The only reason they're even on that list is due to this "Colley" poll doing a PR stunt. In any case, that's certainly much different from what you just described above.

Big difference between UCF and UGA....

Jan 2, 2019, 8:32 AM

One argument had some basis in logic, the other was 100% based in BS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither had basis in anything but pure delusion***

Re: Neither had basis in anything but pure delusion***

Jan 2, 2019, 10:16 AM

Well, one team won all its games. The other is called "Georgia".

More like wishful thinking vs. pure delusion. Another way _

Jan 2, 2019, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Neither had basis in anything but pure delusion*** ]

To look at it, one team made a case on the field, the other team made a case based on the media - starting with recruiting rankings and ending with ESPN SEC propaganda.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll give UCF more credit than UGA, UCF was a onside kick away without their star QB.

Jan 2, 2019, 8:45 AM

Against a 3 loss LSU team without over half of their starting defense. You can make the argument for both teams, and as the one announcer kept saying... No excuses.

After the targeting ejections, injuries and sit-outs...

Jan 2, 2019, 8:49 AM

wasn't LSU missing something like ten of its regular starters.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Jawja and UCF... ]

Now he didn't say he would put them in. He said he would at least listen. Neither had any business least of all goergia.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Jawja and UCF... ]

They were missing their QB, but they sure didn't seem to miss him during the time he missed during their conference run. Their toughest game this season with Milton starting was against Memphis in the regular season which they won by 1 point. Milton missed the rematch with Memphis in the conference title game, and UCF won that game by 12 while the backup QB passed for 348 yards which was more than Milton had in any game this season, ran for 59, and had 6 total touchdowns. Milton also missed the East Carolina game which UCF still won 37-10.

Also, was that not UCF's starting defense that gave up 40 points and over 500 yards to the same LSU team that couldn't put up a single point at home against Bama, and only managed 19 at home against Florida? I think UCF proved they are good, but I don't think anyone was ever doubting that. The doubt was if they could go 13-0 in a P5 conference, and losing a game while getting outgained by 300 yards against a team that went just 5-3 in the SEC doesn't do much to disprove that doubt. Sure, maybe they could beat a 3 loss Auburn team last year, but no way could do they do that during the regular season and then follow it up with more wins against teams like Georgia, LSU, Alabama, etc...

Jan 29, 2014, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Jawja and UCF... ]

Everyone knows that Champions win with their backup QBs.

OOPS!

Jan 2, 2019, 9:39 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic